I consider my experience at Shangri-La Boracay Resort and Spa as one of the best travelling moments, as far as beach resorts are concerned. I went to Boracay with my wife after a hectic week in Malaysia. Really needed to chill out and Shang really delivered.
Right after the plane touched down at Caticlan, we were greeted by the resort staff just at the edge of the tarmac! Within 3 minutes, we were already comfortably seated in a minivan and driven to the resort's reception building at the jetty. It was only the two of us and the crew on the speedboat to the resort. Felt like I'm travelling 1st class :)
The resort is beautifully landscaped and fairly new. Think its only 2 years old. We booked the sea-view room and was rewarded with the most amazing sunset. Most of the rooms face the west but I think only the sea-view ones get the famous Boracay sunsets. Definitely worth the premium.
Only ventured out of the resort for a brief 2 hour trip to town (D'mall). On hindsight, I would rather stay in the resort the entire time.
Food quality was acceptable.
The Chi Spa is out of this world!
We even get to enjoy evening fireworks as there was a wedding event on one of the nights! The corner table at the Lobby Lounge will offer the best view.
Overall, I think Shangri-La is good value for $.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa offers a new level of luxury to the beautiful island of Boracay. Marrying luxury and comfort with a reverence for nature, the 12-hectare resort encompasses 219 rooms including 36 villas and suites; comprehensive leisure facilities; 350 meters of secluded beach front; and a thriving ecosystem of diverse, even rare, flora and fauna. With two private beachfronts and an infinity pool, the resort offers a myriad of recreational activities. Those looking to soothe weary senses can head over to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La. A variety of dining options of different cuisines is located within the resort. May it be a family holiday or simply a quiet retreat, Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa is the perfect paradise destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, EasyToBook, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, getaroom.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Shangri-La's Boracay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Shangri-La`s Boracay Resort And Spa
- Shangri Las Boracay Hotel
- Shangri Las Boracay Resort