There's no doubt, if you're going to make the effort to get to Boracay then reward yourselves with a stay at the Shangri-la. It's attention to detail, beautiful location, design, pre-emptive and courteous staff, fantastic food and services all make it worth it.
We had a such a lovely 8 night stay and came away feeling that Shangri-la staff really are caring happy people that simply want the best for their guests. So it saddens me to stay the thing that tainted our stay was the room. Admittedly we chose a family room and off season rates to try and save a bit of money but still for $500 a night for the room, I wasn't happy to have floorboards that had lifted, in one section there as a hole that your foot fell through, a large ceiling stain above the bath and exceptionally thin walls it seemed that allowed us to be woken by noisy neighbors at 530am & 10pm most days and a few random 2-3am baths and furniture moves. We also got cigarette smoke through the wall where the bedhead is (I'm not sure of the smoking policy in the room but figured it wasn't allowed). We soldiered on with the disruptions as we had been told the hotel was full but it wasn't great. My suggestion is to maybe ask for a 6th floor room at least there's no one above you and just check that smoking policy.
On the good parts, the Adventure Zone was a huge hit with the kids, we actually had to stop them from going so we could have some family time with them. However parents please be sure to pack socks and long sleeve tops as the main part of the Zone is the slides and without protective wear they won't be allowed on.
The Dive Centre was terrific, Barbara who I was lucky enough to dive with for 2 dives was exceptionally knowledgeable and very safe. An all rounder when it comes to diving. The staff were helpful and co-ordinated and it felt like a good set up.
The Food & Beverage service was OUTSTANDING. Huge compliments to the chefs and wait staff. The buffets we went to were VERY fresh, well stocked, very tasty, creative and accommodating to the children's needs. The only debacle was the morning breakfast buffet where tables are at a premium and you need to sit and wait for one to become available. It took us by surprise but what choice do you have. I was a bit appalled with some guests attitudes, yelling at staff, creating scenes with their "hungry" children and generally being pushy. We had three hungry children every morning but they were encouraged to practice some patience. Please people, take a load off.
The private beach and the activities available were also great, we felt a lot more at ease with the huge presence of lifeguards available at the pools and beach. They weren't a decoration either they were actively watching and on guard. This is a fantastic incentive of the hotel and they should be applauded for it.
Advice -the best snorkeling we found was under the jetty.
Chi the Spa.. an impressive entrance, very serene and decorative. The treatment was ok, not outstanding. Maybe it was just the therapist I got but it was uncoordinated and repetitive and the products used were dry, disappointing especially after the facial.
The shuttle service was great, we went to D-Mall several times to get out and about. It's a great option if you're staying here for more than a few days.
As everyone says the scenery is magical, it's breathtaking from all angles and it just invites you to sit with the moment and enjoy the relaxation.
I would recommend people go but just be wary of your room placement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa offers a new level of luxury to the beautiful island of Boracay. Marrying luxury and comfort with a reverence for nature, the 12-hectare resort encompasses 219 rooms including 36 villas and suites; comprehensive leisure facilities; 350 meters of secluded beach front; and a thriving ecosystem of diverse, even rare, flora and fauna. With two private beachfronts and an infinity pool, the resort offers a myriad of recreational activities. Those looking to soothe weary senses can head over to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La. A variety of dining options of different cuisines is located within the resort. May it be a family holiday or simply a quiet retreat, Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa is the perfect paradise destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Orbitz, Agoda, Otel, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Shangri-La's Boracay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Boracay Resort And Spa
- Shangri-La`s Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Shangri Las Boracay Hotel
- Shangri Las Boracay Resort