Scarred with an unpleasant and a forgettable stay at Shangri-la Mactan, we did not expect much from our Shangri-la Boracay stay. Though we've heard that this place is by far one of the best of the Shangri-la chain, we left our expectations at the minimum also because we regularly visit the beautiful Boracay island.
Thankfully, for the price, this Shangri-la did not disappoint. Service was exemplary from our arrival in Caticlan up to our departure via Kalibo airport. The staff (at least most), were ever-gracious and eager to assist you in any way.
I have noted - at least, most of the staff - because there was this staff who appeared from nowhere, while I was talking to somebody in the conierge desk to request for assistance for the possible re-scheduling of our flight booking to an earlier time (same flight date). This other staff just suddenly popped-out of nowhere and remarked (without being asked) that we could actually just go straight to the airport early come flight date and try to be accommodated there for our request for an earlier flight. He must have seen my raised eyebrows and the attending staff's face and he closed his mouth but not before asking me if we want our bookings confirmed.
Suggest that they limit concierge services to be handled by legitimate staff trained for such and limit other staff to areas where they're assigned as this person seemed to have not belonged there.
Daily breakfast buffet was served at the Vintana. Food was the typical 5-star hotel food... Staff were very attentive to the needs of the guests. We've also tried having dinner at this same outlet on our first night and service was very impressive. I was running a fever then so I was not in the mood to eat. While my husband went for the buffet dinner, I opted to just order a small salad. I must have looked really sick that the staff (named PJ) gave me a complimentary hot bread basket and hot soup before my salad was served. Early on, he even brought me reading glasses when he noticed my difficulty reading the menu.
The beach waters were not very friendly during our visit so we spent most of our time in the pool. The staff at the Cielo bar by the pool area were all very nice and attentive.
We enjoyed our Shangri-la stay in Boracay especially since this was a welcome respite for us
after a crazy and grueling schedule the past 2 months. We have had enough of the hustle & bustle of the Boracay beat in the main area and we truly savored the much-more relaxed and serene atmosphere at this side of the island. Although Shangri-la Boracay has a very efficient free shuttle service to D-Mall, Boracay's main hub, first-timers in Boracay might actually feel otherwise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa offers a new level of luxury to the beautiful island of Boracay. Marrying luxury and comfort with a reverence for nature, the 12-hectare resort encompasses 219 rooms including 36 villas and suites; comprehensive leisure facilities; 350 meters of secluded beach front; and a thriving ecosystem of diverse, even rare, flora and fauna. With two private beachfronts and an infinity pool, the resort offers a myriad of recreational activities. Those looking to soothe weary senses can head over to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La. A variety of dining options of different cuisines is located within the resort. May it be a family holiday or simply a quiet retreat, Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa is the perfect paradise destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Shangri-La's Boracay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Boracay Resort And Spa
- Shangri-La`s Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Shangri Las Boracay Hotel
- Shangri Las Boracay Resort