Before we traveled to Boracay I did a lot of research on where to stay. The Shangri-la consistently come up number one. The only bad thing I found in the reviews was that someone once accidentally stepped into the water feature in the lobby. Having seen the water feature I now understand and having stayed at the shangri-la I now have no choice but to write a review saying its the best hotel I have ever stayed in.
We had one of the villas on the hill - the view was EXACTLY the same as in their promotional photos. Our butler was Anthony who was charming if not a bit bemused by our antics (we called him katut - Australians will understand the joke). The staff were warm and friendly and quickly adapted to the fact that myself and my travelling companions were not their average honeymooning couple.
The private beach was beautiful with good snorkelling directly off the beach and while we had our own pool in our villa we really enjoyed our time at the main pool and ate a lot of meals there.
The room was perfect in every way.
The one word of caution (in addition to the water feature in the lobby) is to ask if there is a wedding booked, or being prepared for during your stay. We had a day of pergola building and sound checks next to the pool which was really not what we wanted from our luxury holiday. That said, they managed us well when we complained.
I will never forget our "movie star exit" (resulting from flight changes leading to tight transfer times to the airport) in which we got whisked through security and checkin at the airport (after checkin had closed). A fitting way to depart paradise.
If you can afford this place - Go. If you can't - stop buying groceries and paying your bills, default on your mortgage and go anyway.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Shangri-La`s Boracay Hotel
- Shangri-La`s Boracay Resort And Spa
- Shangri Las Boracay Hotel
- Shangri Las Boracay Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri - La’s Boracay Resort and Spa introduces a new level of luxury to the beautiful island of Boracay. The accommodations are designed with modern sensibilities expressed in indigenous materials, from the Abaca weave rugs to the accent lighting made of local capiz shells. There is so much of the culture of the Philippines that was incorporated to both the exterior and interior design of the resort.Marrying luxury and comfort with a reverence for nature, the 12-hectare resort encompasses 219 rooms including 36 villas and suites; comprehensive leisure facilities; 350 meters of secluded beach front; and a thriving ecosystem of diverse, even rare, flora and fauna. With two private beachfronts and an infinity pool, the resort offers a myriad of recreational activities. Those looking to soothe weary senses can head over to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La. A variety of dining options of different cuisines is located within the resort. May it be a family holiday or simply a quiet retreat, Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa is the perfect paradise destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with AsiaRooms, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Shangri-La's Boracay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.