from the moment you arrive or depart , either via kalibo (longer route ) or caticlan airport, expect a shangri-la representative in decent uniform to assist in any which way possible its own guests to the resort ( that is inspite we made our separate booking for private van transfer ). from there we were led to an exclusive waiting lounge (nice chi spa scent ) in which they provide us drinks , from which our group was whisked to the resort via speedboat in about 5-10 minutes. This resort is definitely 5 star in quality . Everything here is beautiful , quite a huge property that several times we need a buggy cart (driven by its staff ) to bring us where we would like to go. The room that we booked (under my spouse name ) was spacious , comfortable and very functional . I liked the terrace day bed , separate tub and bathroom which has piped in sound .I also liked the huge flat screen wall mounted tv which has many channels. There are 2 private beach and an inifinity pool within the resort . Buffet breakfast served at its coffeeshop offers very extensive choices, with varying cuisine (it even has its own improvised kiddie corner buffet table ). Never got to try the vaunted chi spa. We have tried the bar by the beach, buffet restaurant Vintana (their fish and chips are one of the best i've tasted ) , and Solana ( nice for picture taking) and i would highly recommend them for the food and service . This property reminds me of Grand Hyatt Bali , but something this would would definitely excel is the service and friendliness of the overwhelming majority of the staff .The public places in this resort would exude a pleasant smell and aroma that somehow made me felt refreshed. I was aware of the long distance going to station 1 and 2 (which is the central part of where the happening is ) , but they provide hourly van service , which they adjust to every half hour during evenings , so that guest care would not be compromised. Staying in this place is good for special occasion like birthday, anniversary , and honeymoon although it would be better that big group parties or those in team building activities would not be conducted because they could be annoying . So if budget is not a problem , i would recommend a stay in this hotel even for once in a lifetime during a visit to Boracay (aside from Discovery Shores in station 1) .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa offers a new level of luxury to the beautiful island of Boracay. Marrying luxury and comfort with a reverence for nature, the 12-hectare resort encompasses 219 rooms including 36 villas and suites; comprehensive leisure facilities; 350 meters of secluded beach front; and a thriving ecosystem of diverse, even rare, flora and fauna. With two private beachfronts and an infinity pool, the resort offers a myriad of recreational activities. Those looking to soothe weary senses can head over to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La. A variety of dining options of different cuisines is located within the resort. May it be a family holiday or simply a quiet retreat, Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa is the perfect paradise destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Shangri-La's Boracay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Shangri-La`s Boracay Resort And Spa
- Shangri Las Boracay Hotel
- Shangri Las Boracay Resort