“Just what we were looking for” 5 of 5 stars

Boracay Sands Hotel
White Beach, Manoc-Manoc, Philippines   |
Ranked #41 of 131 hotels in Boracay
Hong Kong, China
“Just what we were looking for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Came here last minute and was looking for a quiet beachfront hotel away from station 1 and 2.

This hotel is clean, right on the beach, and peaceful. The staff have all been nice and courteous.

I would definitely come back here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Macau, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for a week in this hotel, I say the room is spacious enough and the bathroom looks new. The breakfast buffet they have are almost the same for everyday and or they just budget it depends on their guest. I can't complain more on the walking since I hate to be in station 1 and 2 either because of the loud noise at night. I would suggest if they spend more on chairs of bathing beds outside the hotel to attract more guest except for the hotel design looking blunt. The room is just right for the price but the noise coming from the neighboring room having sex is excruciating.

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Paphos, Cyprus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

we stayed at the sands in jan 2012 for 21 nights, the rooms were very clean no balcony, right on the beach 10 steps and you were on the beach, reception was ok didnt go out of there way to help you , the breakfast is terrible but I must say the girl on duty at breakfast asked me what I would like for my cereal and made sure I got it each morning . we did ask if we could be upgraded to the rooms with balconies for our last 3 nights but the reception never did come back to us so that was poor , we wouldnt stay there again for that length of time , it would do for a short time because of the location , price and clean

Room Tip: we stayed on the ground floor swimming pool just outside the door , was a little noisy at time
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Quezon City, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

a very expensive airport to hotel transfer (and back).buffet breakfast is bad. the food has an average taste yet so pricey, it has a poor location. plus points for this hotel are... presentable room, clean linens, and a courteous staff.

Room Tip: look for another hotel. not recommended.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Huwei, T'ai-wan, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at Borocay Sands Hotel. The staff are friendly and the atmosphere is relaxing. It is a bit chilled though and not for someone who is looking for the best quality.If you can look past that, it's a great hotel for the amount you pay to stay there. All in all I had a good time. The location is great as it is close to the main part of Boracay, but far enough so that you still have peace and quiet. The best part is that you can just walk straight out of the hotel and into the ocean!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floor have more natural light.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Actually i have do planing to stay this hotel which are good reviews from tripadvisor! BUT is really SUPERB bad service are provided by this hotel! on 9th May, I have email to their hotel to inform that looking to make the reservation, but is no any reply from them after 3days, so i decide to make the internation call to check about the hotel availability, but the hotel just only give me the another email address and inform me that their internet system down??!! (their website still can able to book online, is that really system done or just looking to ignore their wrong??? ) after i get the new email, so I have try to email to the email address : mj_single@yahoo.com and only can get his reply after 2 days and inform me the room are available but i have to contact with another email which refering to the General manager Ms Meg Genio, but I really don't know what is their service are provide to the guests?? I patient to waiting her reply after email sent, and I just try to believe that the person who's are mj (mj_single@yahoo.com) to inform me the room are still available, but unfoturnately, after whole day wait the hotel General Manager reply (no reply at all!!) , i noted that the room already fully book with refering their website!!!! Is that the service are provided by this hotel which are good reviews from tripadvisor???? Just know to ignore customer email and also even didn't inform the guests if the room already fully book????!!

I been many hotel before even 2-3 star hotel, but I really never get the service like those stupid service provided like Boracay sands hotel!

Btw I should feel lucky, because I still haven't book this hotel yet, unless better that after book will facing those bad service from this hotel! I think i will spoil my holiday trip if been book this SUPERB bad service hotel!

Anywhere behave yourself and think twice before make any reservation from this hotel because they won't care about the guests who's are looking to stay their hotel

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
CUMBRIA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We walked into this hotel fed up, soaking wet with no luggage (left in Manila by Cebu Pacific - but arrived the same evening much to our relief) and although it was more than we wanted to pay as there were only suites left, I insisted we booked it for a night. When we saw the room we immediately booked it for 5 nights and got a discount. The room was modern, clean, great bathroom with bath and shower and huge glass doors onto a fabulous balcony only metres from the beach, i loved it. We found breakfast disappointing as it seemed to cater more for Asian taste - understandable as the hotel guests seemed mostly Japanese or Korean. There was an indoor pool which we didn't see anyone use and neither did we as we spent most of our time on the beach and wandering up and down the road full of shops, stalls, bars and massage areas! There were only a few sun-beds with beach umbrellas supplied by the hotel and it was worth getting up early to get an umbrella as we did get burnt (even through the cloud) when we didn't have one.
I'd say the hotel could do a lot more in terms of serving food and a decent bar (there was one but it was never staffed) however we didn't care because the room and location was fabulous.
Boracay was much busier than we expected and in hindsight maybe 3 days there would've been enough but overall we had a nice time. Although we thought the hotel was expensive it was probably ok value compared to everything else in Boracay.

Room Tip: If you can afford it go for the sea-view rooms at the front with a massive balcony
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Boracay Sands Hotel? Share your experiences!