“Excellent hotel and private beach, very relaxing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairways & Bluewater

You added Fairways & Bluewater to your Saves list
Fairways & Bluewater
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Barangay Balabag, Malay | Newcoast, Aklan Province 5608, Philippines   |
Ranked #68 of 137 Hotels in Boracay
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent hotel and private beach, very relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

This was our first trip to the Philippines and Boracay. Glad we chose Fairways & Bluewater.
If you want a relaxing time in Boracay instead of all night partying this is the place is to stay, although it's not far from the main precinct if you want the occasional night out.
The resort is beautiful, the rooms are massive and all the staff very friendly, from the gardeners to the cleaners to the reception staff.
We stayed in September so it was still wet season, but the rain comes and goes and it's quite nice walking around in the rain as it's still warm.
There was a downpour on our first night and our roof started leaking, but the staff quickly found another room and moved our belongings.
I had the buffet breakfast every morning. The traditional breakfast was quite nice, as was the french toast and omelettes.
Food from the restaurants was mostly good, especially the Asian dishes. I would skip some of the pasta dishes, but hey, this is Asia, so have the local dishes.
Wifi was a bit patchy but worked most of the time and anyway, who wants to spend their holiday using the internet.
The private beach was clean. The water was amazingly warm. There was a BBQ dinner on the beach which was reasonably priced.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

The place from the road looks great. But from the moment I checked in it wasn't good. The website says they have "free wifi" in common areas. But as it turns out, it was ONLY in the lobby building. Also I naturally assumed that the free wifi in comon areas meant that they had ethernet cables in the rooms; NO. There was no internet anywhere except in the lobby building. I wanted to be able to Skype my family and friends on Christmas Day bak in the US; which is 12 hr difference. So that meant I had to be out in the middle of the night in the lobby to Skype them. It wouldn't be so bad if the lobby was just simply down stairs but I had to literally to a small shuttle ride to building to accomplish a small task. There were other hotels all over that were much much cheaper that includes free wifi or ethernet cables in the rooms for 75% cheaper prices with the same type of room and updated furniture. SO obviously I felt ripped off because they call it a resort but not a green resort or anything. Also to leave the property, guest have to take a shuttle every 30 mins. Shuttle service is inconsistent. While waiting for the next shuttle ride to go to the front gate or to leave the property, there would 3 or 4 empty vehicles that also could've taken myself and others to the front gate of the property. But yet we were made to wait... which made no sense at all when vehicles were passing by us all. lol The hotel staff were good. The rooms were cleaned nicely. We had problems each day with our room keys not working either in the morning or in the afternoon. So it wasn't fun to deal with that over and over again. The bathroom drain at one point had small leeches coming out when trying to take a shower. I called the front desk about it and someone came to the room. Then, the maintenance person said that they would be back. He still has not been seen again until this very day. lol The food for brekafast was good, There were a few activities also for people to do things but nothing major. I wanted to play golf but I didn't want to give them any more money since I already felt I was being robbed. I emailed the hotel management about the issues through their email thanking me for checking-in etc and I never... never... received a reply on some attempt to try and make ammends to make my experience better. This was my experiences at Fairways and Bluewater. Others will have their own experiences that may differ obviously. But I am a photographer and have over 20 years in marketing and I have stayed in hotels, resorts and bungalos around the globe and know this could've been a lot better. If I had not booked through booking.com I would've never checked in.. but I would've been charged for my stay anyway so I had to bite the bullet. F&B does not have to worry about me coming back to their "resort" or me recommending them to friends.

Room Tip: I can't...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

facilities are good, services provided by the resort and staff are exceptional.

One down side was the electricity cut off between 9am and 5pm. But this wasn't caused by the resort, it was mandatory for the whole island due to the recent typhoon.

Management was pleasant to have conversations with during the 'brown out'

we recommend this place to family and friends who wishes to visit Boracay

If you ask for the Transfer from Boracay Island to Caticlan, they have their own service and will drop you off at their own facilities away from the crowded place

Room Tip: very spacious rooms and everyone's easy going and pleasant to deal with
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

My last hotel in Boracay, actually was the best for family though not along white beach.

There are so many kinds of rooms, and I reserved the rooms via their own websites, which I thought provided me a good bargain.

It was a largest hotel in Boracay, which definitely housed many travel groups. Fortunately, the hotel smartly divides the group and the individual tourists since there are two Lobbies ,restaurants and several swimming pools.

Above all, i have to mention the friendly staff Kierry(maybe wrong spelling), Regine, Peter, Mao, etc, whom i took picture with. They helped me transfer to a better room on my request, and helped me book the transfer from Southwest, which ensured that i had a good holiday! Thanks

Some regrets:the quality of the slippers and towels should be improved, if possible.

Room Tip: Villa 24 is in a good location
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
San Juan, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

First, the positives:
We last stayed in the place virtue of our time sharing membership last 2012. Since then, there have obviously been nice additions & improvements. It now has a new clubhouse & a couple of the villas have been renovated & converted into hotels with their own pools.
The golf course is well-maintained, understandably so because it continues to be its most valuable draw & attraction.
We were booked in the same villa as before & I have no complaints on the room's amenities & the courteous, friendly & efficient staff that man it.
On the other hand, as I walked the golf course, some of the villas were already showing signs of aging & in a state of disrepair (peeling paint, rotting wrought iron bars, broken furniture). The old clubhouse & structures in the main pool areas have evidently been left unattended & left behind in the renovation efforts of the property's purported new owners. Its big pool by the beach appeared to contain less water than the last time we were there (it's suppose to be an infinity pool, isn't it?) & the finishing it used - pebble wash stones - are slowly eroding. The bar in this pool area is unmanned & un-utilized as, apparently, are the spa huts. Really, such a waste of resources!
On our last day of our stay, we tried the breakfast buffet at the new clubhouse. I can't really agree with the reviews of others on the buffet because I really found it mediocre. I thought bacon, corned beef and a cheese station would be staple fare in any breakfast buffet but these were unavailable. To be fair, though, with the kitchen staff, we did get to try their pizza for dinner one night & it was very good compared to those served at some outlets at the White Beach.
The resort is slowly getting there. It's just that the new owners have been cited as one of the richest men in the country & in the world.To be in that category, you would expect their projects to be world class, no less. Nowadays, you do not even have to leave the Philippines to know what a world class project looks like & to use as a benchmark. At Fairways, all they have to do is to look past & beyond their gates to see one - & that resort is owned by an Oriental, as well.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

We had a truly brilliant holiday here the staff are very friendly and helpful especially Donnell Aducal ,who went out of his way to make our stay extra special. The beach is wonderful and my granddaughters spent lots of time in the clear blue sea, in fact Sophia actually managed to snorkel for the. 1st time ever! Rooms were nice, service was good, taxi service out of hotel very helpful. Philippino people are so welcoming. Can't wait to go back there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Pasay, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

It was our first trip to Boracay and we chose to stay at this hotel. We got a good deal from this hotel from a travel expo last Sept 2013. It offered the lowest price among those hotels that participated. Upon arriving at the hotel, the whole view was breathtaking. The lobby, the golf course, the villas looks perfect for me. The hotel staff were very hospitable and accomodating. Though check-in time went a bit long, the room was worth the wait. We stayed at their Executive Suite. The room was all neat and clean, comes with a Smart TV and an iPod dock, a rain shower and is very spacious enough to accommodate us four. At night, getting to sleep wasn't hard because the bed linens are soft and smooth and the place was all quiet. One great thing about the room is its spacious balcony that gave us the perfect view of the golf course and the mountains in Boracay. We stayed at the Verranda so its close to the lobby and the restaurant. The restaurant serves a wide range of menu for the breakfast which is great and the food all tastes good. Going to and from D'mall wasn't hard at all because they offer a free shuttle every 30 minutes without fail. They have a private beach which I think was great because it was not crowded like those in Station 1, 2 and 3. You sure to have a good time swimming. The view from the infinity pool near the clubhouse was superb giving you an amazing view of the beach and the sea. So if you want some quiet, relaxing, private time in Boracay, I surely recommend this place.

Room Tip: Choose to stay at the Verranda. It is the closest villa to the lobby and the restaurant.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to Fairways & Bluewater? Share your experiences!