Reading the other reviews of this hotel/resort I find it hard to believe I stayed in teh same place. One recurring theme is that the staff are fantastic. Not the most professional nor experienced I have come across, but their friendliness and keenness to assist could not be faulted.
The resort appears to be undergoing some kind of expansion programme, though it was far from clear how realistic this is. There is a model of the proposed expansion in the reception area, but this looked at least 5 years old and probably a lot older. It seemed as if there were groups of people (largely from mainland China would be my guess) who were there as part of some sort of marketing exercise (smacked of time-share sales techniques to me). The overall impression of the current facilities is that they are badly in need of renovation and renewal. Many concreted areas and the major buildings themselves were crumbling. The impression is that the owners will not invest until/unless they secure sufficient interest in the expansion. One of the two swimming pools (the larger of the two) was closed "for maintenance", but there did not appear to be any work taking place and, in any event, it looked in dire need of a lot more than maintenance.
As others have commented, breakfast is a chaotic scrum, but this is really the only time when the other guests were visible. In the evenings, for example, the bar and restaurant (serving only basic, but wholesome dishes) were almost totally deserted. Where do all the people who take (the inclusive) breakfast go for the rest of the day? The beach rarely had more than a handful of people on it, nor was there ever more than 10 or so using the only pool (which is also very tired looking).
The golf course was not at all busy, but at well over US$100 per round, that is not surprising.
In summary, if you are looking for luxury and/or tranquility, this is not the place for you. We paid an average of US$125 per night for two of us for B&B in the week leading up to Easter and that compares favourably with the upmarket properties on Boracay. In short, you pays your money and takes your choice, but don't be fooled by the professional photos of this place. The property is very tired, but the staff can sooth most woes.
- Also Known As:
- Fairways & Bluewater Hotel
- Fairways And Bluewater
- Fairways & Bluewater Hotel Boracay
- Fairways Bluewater Boracay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairways and Bluewater Newcoast Boracay is a 150-hectare eco-friendly vacation destination in the famed Boracay Island in the Philippines.The resort features private white sand beaches and an 18-hole golf course, the only fairway in the island. It also has 3 swimming pools, 5 food and beverage outlets, and modern, spacious rooms.Fairways and Bluewater Newcoast, Boracay’s over 300 air-conditioned rooms have views of the garden or golf course. Each room is equipped with a safe, cable/satellite TV, fridge and tea/coffee maker. A private bathroom includes free toiletries, hairdryer and a shower. Laundry services are available. A free hourly pick up from the mall is also provided until 10pm.Fitness and wellness facilities found in the resort include a complete gym and massage, Jacuzzi and sauna and steam bath. Various activities that can be experienced at Fairways and Bluewater are the zipline, horseback riding, buggy car and Segway rides. La Terraza and Veranda feature a variety local and international menu. A private dinner by the pool or beach can be arranged on request.Fairways and Bluewater Newcoast Boracay can be reached via a 45-minute flight from Manila to Caticlan. It is a 20-minute transfer from Cagban Jetty Port. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Venere, HotelsClick, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Fairways & Bluewater reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.