In summary we had a pleasant stay in Fairways and will most definitely stay again here with my family. I highly recommend this for families with small children or old people, or those who just wants to relax, feel the ocean breeze, away from the hustle and bustle of white beach.
would have given a rating of 5 if not for small nuisances i will mention here. however will definitely go back here again
We stayed in Mulligan building for 5 nights. We booked thru Asiatravel and got good rates. I traveled with my 5 yo daughter, her nanny, and her dad who joined us on our 3rd day. We were booked in a spacious corner room on the 3rd floor with large balcony and great view of golf course/mountain.
Pros: very spacious. great view. Large balcony. 2 double beds. Has cable TV with decent channel offerings (Disney junior for my little one); Lighting was all soft lights. Housekeeping everyday, new towels every day. There’s a phone in our room (past reviews complained lack of phone)
-no full body mirror (could have put this in the inside one of the cabinet doors). There is only 1 mirror in the room (bathroom mirror)
-aircon is noisy and doesnt go cold (thermostat is already at 10 degrees but it felt only 22 degrees.
-lack of white light (all yellow pin light/lamps)
-The shower area’s drainage is a little clogged - the water takes a while to go down… same with the bathroom sink.
-The light in our balcony was broken upon check in and was only fixed during our second day.
-no round table in our balcony when we checked in, I had to request it– I saw the other corner rooms’ balconies have it.
-old TV, I wonder why when LCD TVs now come very cheap.
-No daily replenishment of toiletries like soap, shampoo, etc.
-broken window blinds. The maintenance guys did not replace it, they just put it back up when the blinds crashed when I tried to raise the blinds.
-room is partly carpeted. This is a personal preference – carpets for me invite dirt, dustmites, I personally prefer non-carpeted rooms as its easier to clean.
Pros: Fairways is composed of many villas, and ours (mulligan) is I think the one nearest to lobby, pool and beach. building is old but overall clean and appears well maintained. Cons:
-the right pathway (going to the rooms if you’re facing the building) is not completely lighted at night.
-On our 4th day there was generator maintenance so our building along with the lobby had no power from 1pm to 5pm. However it wasn’t totally hot in the room as fresh air can circulate if we open the windows and balcony.
-clean, good sized pool (great for children and adults)
-ample day beds and tables in the poolside and beach
-beach area is clean and has enough umbrella and day beds.
-there is free shuttle service every 30 minutes going to White Beach area.
-breakfast area is small and crowded especially during our stay.
-Lobby is small, cluttered, poorly lighted, dark and not too welcoming. I hope they renovate this. Make it high ceiling, put lots of windows to let natural light in, etc.
-shuttle is only until 10pm. Maybe they should extend it until 12PM. Say, every thirty minutes, then after 10PM, shuttle will be every hour so next shuttle from white beach will be 11PM and 12MN
-free buffet breakfast was decent enough, we were expecting anything grand, and we were satisfied.
-the staff are generally responsive of guests’ needs. they were able to address my requests, (for light in the balcony, table in the balcony, repair of window blinds, etc.). also whenever they could, they make sure people only wait a short while for the shuttle. They also let you get off in Station 1 although officially the drop off point is in station 2 (Budget mart)
-decent price for beers and alcoholic drinks
-superp staff - very courteous, always smiling, all accommodating.
-Maybe the resort can tie up with those people organizing activities in White Beach (WB), so their guests wouldn’t have to go to WB just to ride jetski, banana boat, etc. Since Fairways have their own beach, maybe the activity organizers can offer to pick up hotel guests from fairways beach, going to the actual activity area/s
-No more carpets in the rooms pls.
-Simple acoustic band in the resto area every night. We would have wanted to stay in the resort at night if they had an acoustic singer at the least.
-extended shuttle hours (say after 10PM, next shuttle will be 11PM / 12MN . etc. this is to take care of those who opt to stay longer in white beach to party, drink, hang out, etc.
- Also Known As:
- Fairways & Bluewater Hotel
- Fairways And Bluewater
- Fairways & Bluewater Hotel Boracay
- Fairways Bluewater Boracay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairways and Bluewater Newcoast Boracay is a 150-hectare eco-friendly vacation destination in the famed Boracay Island in the Philippines.The resort features private white sand beaches and an 18-hole golf course, the only fairway in the island. It also has 3 swimming pools, 5 food and beverage outlets, and modern, spacious rooms.Fairways and Bluewater Newcoast, Boracay’s over 300 air-conditioned rooms have views of the garden or golf course. Each room is equipped with a safe, cable/satellite TV, fridge and tea/coffee maker. A private bathroom includes free toiletries, hairdryer and a shower. Laundry services are available. A free hourly pick up from the mall is also provided until 10pm.Fitness and wellness facilities found in the resort include a complete gym and massage, Jacuzzi and sauna and steam bath. Various activities that can be experienced at Fairways and Bluewater are the zipline, horseback riding, buggy car and Segway rides. La Terraza and Veranda feature a variety local and international menu. A private dinner by the pool or beach can be arranged on request.Fairways and Bluewater Newcoast Boracay can be reached via a 45-minute flight from Manila to Caticlan. It is a 20-minute transfer from Cagban Jetty Port. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Venere, HotelsClick, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Fairways & Bluewater reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.