“Packed with group tourist” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fairways & Bluewater

Save Saved
You added Fairways & Bluewater to your Saves list
Fairways & Bluewater
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Barangay Balabag, Malay | Aklan (Newcoast), 5608, Philippines   |
Ranked #64 of 132 hotels in Boracay
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
“Packed with group tourist”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I booked this place because of its surprisingly reasonable price even during Chinese New Year and the good reviews online. However, maybe was the wrong time but when i was there, this place was packed with group tourist: kids running around mess up everything, people cut into the queue to grab food more than they can eat in breakfast and tourist guide shouting over speaker (who come to Boracay with group anyway?)

The staff were good, I could see the setup of this place was initially good too, but kind of lack of maintanence in some buildings. The private beach and swimming pool were completely empty. it's windy on this side of the island, and there's a reason why everybody goes to white beach...u need to take the shuttle cart or tuk tuk to any restaurants or bars...

room facility was pretty ok.

I wouldn't recommend it unless you want to play golf only or stay on a beach whole day completely isolated.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

320 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
San Juan, Metro Manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

The place is a very promising destination even from the travel going there. Yes, it is quite a long travel especially from the stations, however, it is a guaranteed beauty. Like a quaint village or hidden district in Boracay. They have good views of the greens, due to the golf course, fantastic blues because of the pools, and the sea... And there is of course the nice view of the pathway lined with villas and trees and cloudy skies. The resort is quite windy at this period... The front office said because it is amihan period. The check in is okay, as we checked in quite late, and they are very accommodating to us and with our luggage.

Breakfast, as i have read in the other reviews, really needs improvement. Well, it was okay for me, as a Filipino, as this is something that we love to eat in the mornings. As for the service, training is also still needed... As there are many things that needs to be looked after. The restaurant needs improvement on the facilities, though the staff and manager there said, they are underway on developing a better and bigger restaurant, which we saw as well when we kinda strolled around later on. So that's very promising to repeat guests like us...

The staff are so jovial and entertaining. The shuttle service is efficient as well. A 5-8 minute wait for the regular hotel service is okay. The D'mall shuttle worked good, though at peak periods it needs more supply. And suggestively, a bigger and nicer signage would do them good.

We enjoyed the two beaches, though it needs a bit of upkeeping, like regular rake and clearing services. Other cove was nice too with activities that were offered reasonably.

Well, with the new facilities, and new offered services possibly... We think this place promises a good future. We will be back to see when this happens. :)

Room Tip: Villas Maria and Margarita look a like in the facade. We kinda got them mixed up at times! Be caref...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Manila, Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We booked two suites at Fairways and Blue Water for a group of 8 people. While the place is not perfect, it met our requirements to a T. The rooms were spacious - the 1-bedroom suite which my husband and I shared had two bathrooms and the 2-bedroom suite that was occupied by my sister and her family had 3 bathrooms. That certainly was a big plus especially since they were a family of 6 people. The bed was extremely comfortable and good for someone like me who has a bad back.
The service was generally friendly and fast - especially at the restaurant - even at the height of the breakfast buffet. The morning spread was ample and had a good selection for both kids and adults alike.
We also admired the shuttle marshalls stationed at D'Mall and would like to commend them for working so hard to manage the shuttle riders, despite bad weather and late hours.
The private beach provided a welcome respite from the crowds at the main beach. It was beautiful and quiet with only a few people hanging about at any given point in time. A guard was always around to look after people's things. The one disadvantage that other people see in this resort - i.e. being far from the main beach - turned out to be a real advantage. You had a private beachfront with none of the tents and ugly structures that have sprouted on the main beach over the years. It is like what the main beach was 20 years ago and I hope it does not change and that it remains the way it is now.
There are a few areas though where they could still improve (the reasons I am not giving them at 5 rating)- 1. the staff do have a tendency to insist on things and do not implicitly trust guests. They kept on reminding us about the "lost" desk calendar in my sister's room even as I told them that we did not get it and that we get lots of calendars as gifts and we always ended up giving them away. Likewise, one morning, we left our breakfast coupons in our room and requested that they kindly allow us to eat first and promised to give them the coupon later. After the restaurant supervisor agreed to this request, one of the staff had to come and remind me about the coupon. They do need to trust their guests more. 2. more attention to detail - our room had a broken lock which had not been fixed; also, it would be easier to figure out how to use the safety deposit box if it came with an instruction sheet.
Having said all these, I would not hesitate to stay at Fairways and Blue Water again should I return to Boracay.
It is good value for money, has a very friendly atmosphere and they do make the guests feel safe and secure in their property.

Room Tip: We stayed at Villa Maria (overlooking the golf course) and it was quiet, clean, and looked like it h...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
richmond
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Booked a 1 bedroom suite and 2 deluxe room last month, Check in was fast and efficient. the shuttle bus going to our villa is quick and easy, There is a security guard logging in every ppl coming and going, this made us feel secure..

We stayed at the Sycamore Villa, THe first impression I had when we went in our room is that it smelt like an old haunted house..like old cabinet,,but it easily went away after the a/c is on....the one bedroom suite we stayed at has a kitchen, with full refrigerator, a stove and basic cutleries, plates,cups...They DO NOT have a pan or wok for you to cook, and no dish soap, dish rug or dishwasher..We left the dishes in the sink that night as no means to wash it and when we came back, housekeeping already been there but dirty dishes still sitting there,, Pretty disappointing, we had to go back to the d mall and buy dish soap in order to use it again...Housekeeping did a good job but didnt replenish shampoo and soap during our 3 night stay, too tired everytime we get back to call front desk to ask for it

Staff are friendly, during the day when waiting for our shuttle to d mall, all staff walking by would greet us...friendly atmosphere and good customer relations

The infinity pool is a bonus,, wish it was heated though, but view is excellent..The private beach is really nice, sands are whiter than the boracay beach sand...with ample lounge chairs, quick servie

Suggestion to the management is maybe they can do something about their cabinets in the bathroom, kitchen cabinets and drawers as it stinks when you open it...smells like it havent been used for 20 years..maybe a potpouri or cabinet scent deodorizer...

Las Pinas, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

It was nigh time when we arrived in the resort and from the front desk I could hear some sound of water, or whatever it is, so I asked the staff what was that and they told me it is the sound of the wave from the seaside nearby. So very early next morning I am eager to see the beach so we headed to the beach and to my surprise I saw a very nice beach with fine white sands.. I couldn't wait to have my picture taken for preserving the memories to this beautiful site.This a very private resort, not a crowded beach like the other resort in the island, that is if you want to truly rest in peace yet scenic. If you get tired of the waves, then transfer to the big wide swimming pool. Much to my surprise, there are a lot of villas around to stay, much bigger rooms compared to any hotel in the city. The food is superb as well. I highly recommend Fairways and Bluewater Newcoast Boracay if you aim for a wonderful place to rest and visit. By the way, if you are a Golf enthusiast this is the best place for you. Congrats to this resort.,

Room Tip: corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Luzon, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband and I decided to take a mini vacation to Boracay with our 6 yr old daughter and booked our stay in Fairways and Bluewater. From the moment we arrived in Kalibo up to when we were shown to our rooms it was VIP service all the way. Transportation was on time, check in was swift and all the hotel staff were so welcoming that we instantly felt right at home. The room exceeded my expectations. It was very spacious, elegantly designed with complete bed and bath amenities and two luxurious queen beds. The view of the immaculate golf course was just the cherry on top! Shuttle services within the resort and to and from the main beach and other stations on the Island was provided on time as scheduled.

There was so much to see and not much time to do it. The guest services provided me with the best options and were very helpful. After an afternoon round of golf, my husband told me that he had never played a more relaxing game. The views on the course were spectacular and the greens were perfectly manicured.

Just 5 min away, Boracay's main beach is without a doubt one of the most beautiful beaches in the world but what surprised me the most was how breathtaking the private beaches of the resort were. A seclusive paradise just a stroll away from our room. While my daughter went horseback riding along the coast line, my husband and I surrendered to the serenity of the resorts Maris Spa in paradise cove. One must never leave Boracay without having a massage on the beach. So what could be better than a couples room complete with jacuzzi with the view of the crystal blue ocean right in front of you. Paradise indeed.

Our 2 night 3 day stay in Fairways and Bluewater was just what we needed. My only regret was not staying longer. We will definitely be returning soon.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great Hotel, great location, excellent service, very friendly staff. The private beaches, pool, and golf course were great. Could not fault anything, Price is quite reasonable. We certainly recommend this place. Will surely stay there again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fairways & Bluewater? Share your experiences!