“Spacious Great Resort with Lovely Infinity pool and Private beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairways & Bluewater

You added Fairways & Bluewater to your Saves list
Fairways & Bluewater
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Barangay Balabag, Malay | Newcoast, Aklan Province 5608, Philippines   |
Ranked #69 of 137 Hotels in Boracay
richmond
“Spacious Great Resort with Lovely Infinity pool and Private beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Booked a 1 bedroom suite and 2 deluxe room last month, Check in was fast and efficient. the shuttle bus going to our villa is quick and easy, There is a security guard logging in every ppl coming and going, this made us feel secure..

We stayed at the Sycamore Villa, THe first impression I had when we went in our room is that it smelt like an old haunted house..like old cabinet,,but it easily went away after the a/c is on....the one bedroom suite we stayed at has a kitchen, with full refrigerator, a stove and basic cutleries, plates,cups...They DO NOT have a pan or wok for you to cook, and no dish soap, dish rug or dishwasher..We left the dishes in the sink that night as no means to wash it and when we came back, housekeeping already been there but dirty dishes still sitting there,, Pretty disappointing, we had to go back to the d mall and buy dish soap in order to use it again...Housekeeping did a good job but didnt replenish shampoo and soap during our 3 night stay, too tired everytime we get back to call front desk to ask for it

Staff are friendly, during the day when waiting for our shuttle to d mall, all staff walking by would greet us...friendly atmosphere and good customer relations

The infinity pool is a bonus,, wish it was heated though, but view is excellent..The private beach is really nice, sands are whiter than the boracay beach sand...with ample lounge chairs, quick servie

Suggestion to the management is maybe they can do something about their cabinets in the bathroom, kitchen cabinets and drawers as it stinks when you open it...smells like it havent been used for 20 years..maybe a potpouri or cabinet scent deodorizer...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Las Pinas, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

It was nigh time when we arrived in the resort and from the front desk I could hear some sound of water, or whatever it is, so I asked the staff what was that and they told me it is the sound of the wave from the seaside nearby. So very early next morning I am eager to see the beach so we headed to the beach and to my surprise I saw a very nice beach with fine white sands.. I couldn't wait to have my picture taken for preserving the memories to this beautiful site.This a very private resort, not a crowded beach like the other resort in the island, that is if you want to truly rest in peace yet scenic. If you get tired of the waves, then transfer to the big wide swimming pool. Much to my surprise, there are a lot of villas around to stay, much bigger rooms compared to any hotel in the city. The food is superb as well. I highly recommend Fairways and Bluewater Newcoast Boracay if you aim for a wonderful place to rest and visit. By the way, if you are a Golf enthusiast this is the best place for you. Congrats to this resort.,

Room Tip: corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Luzon, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband and I decided to take a mini vacation to Boracay with our 6 yr old daughter and booked our stay in Fairways and Bluewater. From the moment we arrived in Kalibo up to when we were shown to our rooms it was VIP service all the way. Transportation was on time, check in was swift and all the hotel staff were so welcoming that we instantly felt right at home. The room exceeded my expectations. It was very spacious, elegantly designed with complete bed and bath amenities and two luxurious queen beds. The view of the immaculate golf course was just the cherry on top! Shuttle services within the resort and to and from the main beach and other stations on the Island was provided on time as scheduled.

There was so much to see and not much time to do it. The guest services provided me with the best options and were very helpful. After an afternoon round of golf, my husband told me that he had never played a more relaxing game. The views on the course were spectacular and the greens were perfectly manicured.

Just 5 min away, Boracay's main beach is without a doubt one of the most beautiful beaches in the world but what surprised me the most was how breathtaking the private beaches of the resort were. A seclusive paradise just a stroll away from our room. While my daughter went horseback riding along the coast line, my husband and I surrendered to the serenity of the resorts Maris Spa in paradise cove. One must never leave Boracay without having a massage on the beach. So what could be better than a couples room complete with jacuzzi with the view of the crystal blue ocean right in front of you. Paradise indeed.

Our 2 night 3 day stay in Fairways and Bluewater was just what we needed. My only regret was not staying longer. We will definitely be returning soon.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great Hotel, great location, excellent service, very friendly staff. The private beaches, pool, and golf course were great. Could not fault anything, Price is quite reasonable. We certainly recommend this place. Will surely stay there again!

Seoul, South Korea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Truth be told I usually travel in hostels and cheap hotels and spend my money on the things I'm doing. For this Christmas trip to Boracay, though, my friend and I just wanted some relaxation. We had a great time at Fairways. Both pools are beautiful as they overlook the Ocean and have a luxurious breeze. The one pictured in their profile even has a bar, which is great. The staff are super friendly and are always saying "good morning/evening." You can hardly go into the restaurant without them trying to help you. It's the perfect place to rest and re-cooperate before going back to the grind of your every day life. The hourly shuttle to d'mall is great and the staff are great at making sure you get on it both ways (though it was never on time for the return trip...)

I did not give this place 5 or 4 stars, however, because some things did bother me. First, there are not enough chairs at the pool or beach area. While there were times I was completely alone right after breakfast there were often not chairs available. Also, the beach wasn't cleaned of seaweed/trash except once during our ten day stay. There is a lot of trash that washed up--PLEASE STOP THE POLLUTION PEOPLE--and I felt that they should have raked it up a few times (not only because it looked nicer but because it saved the environment from getting that trash back in it). Third, the breakfast area was overcrowded and there were two (of our ten mornings) that we didn't have seats and had to wait but the staff were not helpful in that. Now, I understand that's clearly a busy time but for the money we paid it would have been nice to hear a "sorry for the wait." Finally AND the most annoying part, is that you have to pay for internet. I can't believe that since the 14$ hostel I stayed in it Ioliolo offered free wifi. Seemed like they should add that to the room rates, they're high enough already.

I guess that if I had to pick I'd chose a cheaper hotel that still had nice amenities but wasn't so extravagant. I love that I had a private beach and two times even had it completely to myself. But I don't know that it was worth the extra price.....though if money is no object (want to be friends?) then I'd go here for sure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have been to Boracay tons of times before and this was the second time that I opted to stay in Fairways. I enjoyed my stay very much because it was situated away from all the chaos that happens in the main beach. I enjoyed my "relaxation time" after a long day under the sun. My room instantly became my "home away from home" because I felt that comfortable and pampered. I really enjoyed tanning by Fairway's beach with a coconut at hand. I enjoyed hanging by the clubhouse having breakfast before going to the main beach. The food and the service was really good too. I also appreciated that Fairways provided all their guests with a shuttle service, which not a lot of hotels and resorts in Boracay have.My parents enjoyed their stay because they were able to get their dose of their favorite sport, golf. I too got my dose of health and fitness in the morning with my daily morning swim in the pool. Exercise followed by going the Spa just made my mornings at Boracay great. In general, my loved my stay at Fairways and will definitely be back. Two thumbs up.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

If it is your first time to visit Boracay, I recommend staying on White Beach (Station hotels). Fairways and Bluewater is not where Boracay action is. For the frequent visitor and for those who want peace and quiet, Fairways and Bluewater is the hotel of choice.

The positives: (we stayed in Villa Michaela)
- Away from the madding crowd
- Private beaches, there are two
- Two infinity pools
- Request to stay in newish villas or newly renovated so you will get modern rooms and bathrooms
- Cable TV, perfect if you want to try cable-surfing
- Comfortable and relaxing ambience in the room
- An excellent place to stay for those who want to do nothing
- Great value for modern rooms

Things that need improvement:
- Despite the new villa, some fixtures and lighting are not working. You need to tell the staff. No one seems to be reporting/checking unless a guest complains
- Noise from adjoining room due to insufficient sound soundproofing
- Noise on hallways also carry into the rooms and can be disturbing at night
- Ask for a room away from villa lobby

The resort is very large, and I would imagine is quite expensive to maintain. So some parts of it are not being prioritised by management. For one, the restaurant (and kitchen) needs to be upgraded. The large pool (close to the "hall") has a thin layer of oil in some areas. This is quite yukky. The hotel staff try to do their best to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Smiles and assistance all around. The security lady at Villa Michaela was very nice and friendly. All of the staff are actually.

I am happy to return to Fairways and Bluewater next time around.

Room Tip: Stay in new/or renovated villas. Pick a room away from the villa lobby.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fairways & Bluewater? Share your experiences!