I'm still here at the hotel as I am writing this review. I have no complaints about the One Bedroom suite my husband and I are staying at. It's very spacious and the bed is really comfy. The room can easily fit 4 people. There's a little kitchen but no stove or things for cooking or dining. They allow you to bring in your own food you just have to ask for utensils from the housekeepers if ever u would need some. There are 2 bathrooms in a One BR suite. They are quite spacious and the housekeepers maintain them well. I just did't like the pressure of one of the showers we have. It was very weak and it takes me forever to finish my shower. There are 2 televisions as well. There's a wifi access but u have to pay php150 for a 24 hour access. The internet goes on and off (off most of the time, i really dunno why)
Food is my main concern. When u check in, breakfast is included. Bfast is from 6am -10am and is a buffet service. They guve u bfast vouchers to present to the servers. I find the breakfast not the best at all. I was not satusfied with the breakfasts I had so far. (I already had 3 bfasts here) very few choices for fruits. The juice isn't the best. I liked the daily sti fry noodles (pancit) they serve. They have an omelette and egg station. I ordered omelette and it was not cooked properly and they use way too much oil to cook eggs. I ordered over easy and it always comes out over medium to hard (i had to order my eggs 3 times yesterday). Not too much of western food choices like bacon or ham or sausage. Even just one will be okay since it's not only Filipinos that they are catering to. Most of the food they served are Filipino food. The restaurants has so many staff. It's almost confusing.
On our 1st day, we did room service. Food wasn't the best. Less food choices as well. The hotel is a 10 minute drive to D'Mall where most of the restaurants are. Fairways could improve their menu for their guests not to go back and forth to D'Mall to get some food. The cocktails are not even really good. I got a Pina Colada made from Tang juice powder. So just stick with beer I guess.
The staff are very courteous, nice and friendly. I just find them very disorganized and some doesn't know what they are doing. On my 1st day, I asked one staff where the washroom is and she directed me to the wrong place. So I had to ask another person. My husband ordered room service and he had to repeat his order 4 times. He was just asking if there's lettuce on his burger!
I like the location. It's pretty far from the hassle and bustle of the main strip (station 1-3). It's a really good place for relaxation. The pool is really great. We go for a dip 2-3 times a day. The place is good for families and honeymooners or couples.
Overall, the place is good. It just needs a bit of improvement on food and staff training. I would still recommend this place but not sure if I'll stay here again the next time.
- Also Known As:
- Fairways And Bluewater
- Fairways & Bluewater Hotel Boracay
- Fairways & Bluewater Hotel
- Fairways Bluewater Boracay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairways and Bluewater Newcoast Boracay is a 150-hectare eco-friendly vacation destination in the famed Boracay Island in the Philippines.The resort features private white sand beaches and an 18-hole golf course, the only fairway in the island. It also has 3 swimming pools, 5 food and beverage outlets, and modern, spacious rooms.Fairways and Bluewater Newcoast, Boracay’s over 300 air-conditioned rooms have views of the garden or golf course. Each room is equipped with a safe, cable/satellite TV, fridge and tea/coffee maker. A private bathroom includes free toiletries, hairdryer and a shower. Laundry services are available. A free hourly pick up from the mall is also provided until 10pm.Fitness and wellness facilities found in the resort include a complete gym and massage, Jacuzzi and sauna and steam bath. Various activities that can be experienced at Fairways and Bluewater are the zipline, horseback riding, buggy car and Segway rides. La Terraza and Veranda feature a variety local and international menu. A private dinner by the pool or beach can be arranged on request.Fairways and Bluewater Newcoast Boracay can be reached via a 45-minute flight from Manila to Caticlan. It is a 20-minute transfer from Cagban Jetty Port. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Fairways & Bluewater reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.