We stayed here as part of our timeshare ownership. Although I have stayed here previously in 2006 back when they had their Gold Crown designation from II, I was quite disappointed with the downturn of service and upkeep. Management clearly had problems. We found out that the owners sold a majority of their shares to a new company who has experience in luxury boutique properties. The property was in transition and problems from previous ownership existed including untrained staff here and there.
They took away the phone so you couldn't call guest services or housekeeping. The property is in need of serious remodeling and conduits from the new airconditioners were showing outside. Quite unattractive set against the backdrop of a beautiful world class golf course and Spanish/Mediterranean influenced architecture.
Its saving grace is the beautiful paradise of a location surrounded by lush green mountains and rolling hills leading to the ocean. We loved the relaxing atmosphere of the two infinity pools and empty private beach. We had the beach to ourselves!
The golf course was amazing as were the instructors and caddy. I had a great pro instructor who had me hitting the balls and sending them flying before my lesson ended on the back nine. My husband and I had so much fun driving the caddy up and down the mountain, breathing the fresh breeze and taking in the gorgeous and refreshing panorama of rolling greens filled with coconut trees leading to the Pacific Ocean.
Shuttle was convenient to DMall or anywhere you want to go inbetween. We had dinners at the Seawind hotel which offered buffets by the beach. It was relaxing to feel the sand under your feet while feasting on fresh grilled seafood and kebobs marinated in a native Bbq sauce.
I wish the service and food was better at the resort. We had an issue at the resort and the manager explained to us it was undergoing a transition and that he actually just started working there. He offered us free breakfast which was good but the food from previous years was better. Billy King is overrated. I could have designed a better spread for breakfast. Do not let an American dictate your food when local chefs have better taste buds. Plus, I believe the food should have local tastes and influences. That's part of the experience.
We have mixed emotions about our stay but overall experience was good because of the location and the good bones of the property. Will come back if only for the golf and private beach and unique Boracay experience. Hope management improves the property to bring it back to Gold Crown status in II.
- Also Known As:
- Fairways & Bluewater Hotel
- Fairways And Bluewater
- Fairways & Bluewater Hotel Boracay
- Fairways Bluewater Boracay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairways and Bluewater Newcoast Boracay is a 150-hectare eco-friendly vacation destination in the famed Boracay Island in the Philippines.The resort features private white sand beaches and an 18-hole golf course, the only fairway in the island. It also has 3 swimming pools, 5 food and beverage outlets, and modern, spacious rooms.Fairways and Bluewater Newcoast, Boracay’s over 300 air-conditioned rooms have views of the garden or golf course. Each room is equipped with a safe, cable/satellite TV, fridge and tea/coffee maker. A private bathroom includes free toiletries, hairdryer and a shower. Laundry services are available. A free hourly pick up from the mall is also provided until 10pm.Fitness and wellness facilities found in the resort include a complete gym and massage, Jacuzzi and sauna and steam bath. Various activities that can be experienced at Fairways and Bluewater are the zipline, horseback riding, buggy car and Segway rides. La Terraza and Veranda feature a variety local and international menu. A private dinner by the pool or beach can be arranged on request.Fairways and Bluewater Newcoast Boracay can be reached via a 45-minute flight from Manila to Caticlan. It is a 20-minute transfer from Cagban Jetty Port. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Fairways & Bluewater reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.