“Calamansi muffins.....yum” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Real Coffee & Tea Cafe

Real Coffee & Tea Cafe
2/F Sea World Station 2 Balabag Boracay, Aklan Philippines, Aklan Province 5608, Philippines
+63 36 288 5340
Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 213 Restaurants in Boracay
Cuisines: American, Café
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery
Description: Beach Front Balcony View of the Sunset....
Ramona, California
“Calamansi muffins.....yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife and I are visiting Boracay from San Diego, California and were told to stop here and try one of the famous calamansi muffins. We were not disappointed. The cafe is in its new location and has only been open for a few days so they were still trying to get the bugs worked out. We met the owner Lee, an expat from the San Francisco, CA area who has been living in Boracay for the past 20+ years. She is a wonderful person and my wife and enjoyed our conversation and hearing her stories of the changes she has seen over her time on the island. The only issue we had was the inability of our server to get our lunch order right. Again, I think it was just due the new cafe location and all will be sorted out soon.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Manila
“Morning rush!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This place is small but serves hot and delicious all day breakfast, from omelette to french toast, they can serve different nationality that comes to boracay. My friends and i went here at our first morning in boracay because its near the hotel and one of the restaurants that opens early. And oh, they serve fresh and hot coffee (coffee lover =)) and don't forget to try their specialty the calamansi muffin, its really yummy with a sweet-sour combination in taste. Calamansi is more popular known in other countries as lime, its an original recipe here in boracay and many visitors bring a box or two as pasalubongs to their families.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manila, Philippines
“Loved It!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I had the opportunity to take a quick breakfast at Real Coffee for my downtime when in Boracay. Although, there's not much of a view but you can here the waves as you sit back and relax.

I didn't see any Filipino breakfast dishes being offered (or I may have missed this out on the menu) which this isn't what my husband would look forward to. I did, however, enjoy my calamansi muffin accompanied by a cup of brewed coffee! Their signature calamansi muffin was worth trying I even brought home 3 dozen to share with families and friends.

The price I paid for was worth the "me" time while dining in this cafe. It's absolutely worth looking for as you tend to miss it without those signages.

Not to mention, the friendly Filipino staff who assisted every nationality dining there at the time. :)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manila, Philippines
“I don't get the hype.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Friends and some netizens have been raving about the calamansi muffin. So I tried these famous muffins and got a little bit disappointed. For me it was nothing special. Just a sour-ish, expensive muffin. But you can't deny that the quality is very good for muffins. I did like their breakfast offerings, a little bit expensive for me, but delicious.

Visited November 2012
Caloocan, Caloocan, Philippines
“One of the worst coffee i have ever tasted”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

First, the brewed coffee tasted soo bland and sour i suspect it must have been extracted twice. Or might be expired. We also overheard the servers talking about how different the coffee tasted, they were actually tasting the brew with a spoon! The calamansi muffin tasted alright. Not what i expected it to be since there was too much hype about this particular dessert. The place will move on a better location, so they said, which is a great idea since the cafe looked forlorn already.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere