“filling buffet breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Manila, Philippines
“filling buffet breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

we had buffet breakfast here for 2 days straight as its included in our hotel package. the menu was varied and had a lot to choose from. place is kept clean and in order. during breakfast, they'd ask if you want to dine inside or near the buffet table, i suggest to dine inside as its less chaotic and a lot more quiet than near the buffet spread.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Food was cold.. probably been sitting out the back.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Only thing I liked was the atmosphere, looked great from the outside. Menu was inviting. And with a name like Regency, you'd expect to get decent food.

Then we sat down, chairs were hard as but didn't mind that. We ordered the chicken soup and the grilled sampler.

The grilled sampler came out pretty quick and then I realised why.. I expected a tray of sizzling meat/seafood.. what I was served was a plate of cold food, probably just sitting out the back waiting for someone to order it. We didn't eat most of it - probably 20% of what came out. The meat from the chicken soup was low grade scraps, can't believe they actually serve this stuff.

We asked for the mains to be taken away then ordered desserts, hoping this would redeem something. Ordered the turon (fried banana spring roll) and ice cream with coconut. They came out separately, the ice cream was long gone by the time the turon arrived. The turon was a huge disappointment, it was overcooked and drenched in syrup... we decided not to eat it.

With so many waiters, you'd expect them to be attentive. My glass was empty for a good 10 minutes before someone even came and asked if we needed more drinks.

I also noticed the food being served to other customers, they came out quick and cold - no signs of that steam visible with fresh cooking.

Big names doesn't always mean good food as is the case with this place. We were even asked to fill out a survey before the bill came (probably wondering why we didn't eat most of the food). No discount was offered, not that I was looking for one. I just expect to get what I paid for. Definitely not recommending this restaurant.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Cebu Island, Philippines
“Enjoyed Their Buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Ate here a couple of times with my wife, she enjoyed the food. I felt it was a bit pricey but the quality was good. A decent selection to choose from. Wasn't as hot as I would have liked but it was buffet after all. The service was typically Philippino, not here not there. The staff were well presented and pleasant.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Quezon City, Philippines
“buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

buffet dinner had a lot of choices, their roast beef was spectacular and the morrocan beef tangine was utterly amazing

Visited October 2012
Beijing
“Breakfast Buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Greatly improved over a year ago! Service good and plenty of variety. I paid to eat here each day as my hotel's included breakfast was real bad.

Visited October 2012