“Holiday Cheers at Shoretime Boracay” 4 of 5 stars

Shore Time Hotel Boracay
Station 1 Balabag Boracay Island, 5608, Philippines   |
Ranked #40 of 171 Boracay B&B and Inns
Manila, Philippines
“Holiday Cheers at Shoretime Boracay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Upon checking in we were greeted by the friendly and accomodating staff of Shoretime Hotel. We were given welcome drinks which I think can be improved by using any seasonal fresh fruit available, calamansi or the like. I am not very keen on highly processed artificial drinks so I highly suggest to skip this one and just request for a cold glass of water instead. Jonas Fruit Shake is just a couple of blocks anyway.

We were then assisted to our room. Originally I requested for the twinpad room but since its not available we got the penthouse. The room is exactly the same in the pictures, its like having your own little house in a room because of the 2nd floor. Room and bathroom lighting is on the dim side but adequate. Really nothing the big windows cannot remedy, just roll up the blinds to let the sunshine in.
At night time its the perfect lighting to relax. Two flatscreen TVs are hanged unto the wall for both the main room and 2nd floor. Both areas have their own balconies where you can dry clothes. The bigger balcony can also serve as a family or barkada mealtime area. It has a wooden garden table and chairs with a big white umbrella to shade you from the sun. Complimentary breakfasts maybe ordered and delivered in the room. The only downside for this balcony is that it doesnt have a view of the beach. You can view the bustlin streets and nipa roof of adjacent restaurant, Obama Grill, STs sister company.
The upper balcony gives you a breathtaking view of the whitebeach although from a standing point of view since the balcony is too small to put chairs on.

Bed and pillow is comfortable and room is very clean. Bed comes with four fluffy pillow and a kissing swan arrangement of towels upon entry. Room comes with a safety deposit box, small refrigerator, 4 room slippers, basic toiletries-shampoo,conditioner,cream bath, bath soap, 4 toothbrush with toothpaste, shower cap, 4 sets of cotton and cottonbuds, hairdryer and very small closet with hangers which I didnt use because it doesnt look right to me. The fusebox is inside the makeshift closet ?

For breakfast they serve Filipino and American breakfast with coffee and seasonal fruits. Serving is filling although if youre a big rice eater, the serving of rice is around the size of a small fist. Breakfast may be eaten inside the room, at the balcony, at the hotel's cafe or at Obama Grill which is infront of the whitebeach. Breakfast is served from 7am to 10am.

The hotel has very good ventilation and location. View-wise it doesnt offer much since most of the view you will see on its second floor are roofs from neighboring establishment.

Noise from passing vehicles as well as sound from nearby bars and rowdy drunk russians can be overhead at night. I think walls are quite thin because toilet flush can be heard from the main room to the rooms second floor. Banging of doors from other guests can also be overheard. Not really ideal for the light sleeper like me but nevertheless I was able to get my beauty sleep.

Beach beds can be requested from Obama Grill if you want to get a tan, read a book or relax infront of the beach. ST guests can also avail of the 10% discount from Obama Grill. They serve decent tuna belly. Guests can also dine at the chicken rotisserie Andok's downstairs.

Overall it was a great experience. The room was very nice and the staff was very helpful. I was traveling with my parents and even my mother commented on just how nice and courteous the staff were. They even accompany us to cross the streets from ST to Obama Grill.

TIP: They are quite strict with the towels so avoid bringing room towels outside to avoid loss and penalty. Beach towels are provided at the reception.

ST doesnt provide free shuttle or transfer service to and fro hotel as well as in going to different stations or dmall. Their shuttle service was on the more expensive side just as with most hotels I guess. Just ride a php100 trike going to jetty port and get a land transfer from caticlan port. Just dont get CBTML company for land transfer to Kalibo airport. Theyre so horrible. Its the company infront of the terminal fee kiosk of jetty port on the way back to caticlan. If youre going back to caticlan airport just ride a trike again from caticlan port.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This review is over a month overdue but deserves to be posted anyway because I think Shore Time deserves the commendation.

As per usual, I decided to spend my birthday in Boracay and for the second consecutive year, my friends and I agreed to once again stay in Shore Time. Last year was a great experience so naturally, we expected the same warmth and cleanliness this time around. We weren't disappointed. They even gifted me with two bottles of wine. We booked the two penthouse units and each had a complimentary bottle waiting when we arrived. It was very thoughtful. The staff even greeted me. There's this one girl at the front desk who even remembered me from last year. Sweet!

What I love about Shore Time is their attention to detail. They clean the room everyday and arranges your stuff. Even the loose coins on the side table were stacked neatly when we came back. The service is just magnificent. Everyone was accommodating.

The location is a bit tricky. It's semi-beachfront I guess. It's cool though, especially since Shore Time guests are free to hang out in Obama which is right across the property. Several food establishments like Jonah's are also nearby.

I think the only trouble I had there was the wifi. It wasn't as strong as last year. I hope they get it fixed. Not such a big issue nonetheless.

One of the highlights of our stays since last year were the excellent breakfast meals. I love that there's always a platter of fresh pineapple or watermelon. The pancakes and bacon are our absolute favorite!

I understand they're expanding so I hope the great service and high-quality accommodations extend to the new space.

Thank you and keep it up, Shore Time!

Room Tip: Get the penthouse for nicer views and for wonderful breakfasts at the balcony.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed in the penthouse (loft style, overlooking the sea with balconies). The price is ok but would be excellent for those sharing up to 4 people. Clean, good service and great breakfast (bacon & omelette, pancakes etc) that can be delivered to your room. Location is close to the beach and about 15 mins walk to D Mall (concentrated area of shops, bars and restaurants near the beach), or 3 mins by a tricycle (tuk-tuk) for 60 pesos (over us$1.50).
The lobby and the public area of the hotel aren't fancy but if your focus is more on the room and space then this is a great option. The loft has two double beds with tvs on each floor. Big balcony on the lower floor but no view of the sea. The upper loft has a tiny balcony but you can easily sit around with few chairs and it looks over the sea. Although there are windows and doors the rooms seemed a bit on the dim side especially the bathroom. It's (penthouse) located on the street so don't expect it to be very quiet but we didn't have any problems with sleeping.
The only downside is the hotel has a very strict policy on beddings and linens. My son got a henna tattoo on the sheet and pillowcase so we were asked to pay us$75, but I managed to remove it by using a bleach so I was not charged. The one thing that annoyed me is upon check out, they asked me to pay for a face towel that was missing, which I didn't take!
Overall, I like the loft idea but otherwise not excellent but above average.

Room Tip: Choose the penthouse if you like to spend time on the balcony and don't mind the busy street oth...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Luzon, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

My first time in Boracay and I scored a nice hotel. The car that was supposed to pick us up was on time and we didn't have to get in line to buy a ticket for the boat ride. The staff was friendly and helpful with stuff you need.

The outside of the hotel didn't look that inviting cause there was some construction going on but when they led us to our room, I was so sorry for judging so quickly.. The room was so nice and clean.. and they have big beds ^^ I also love the design having an extra room upstairs... and each has their own television. I also liked the bathroom ^^ (though there's only one).

The location's also nice since it is near the beach (just across the street, to Obama Grill..) which is nice if you like to stroll.

...though tired from the trip, I wanted to make a review before I forget what it felt like to stay there... so there! Love it and I highly recommend it. ^^

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

BEST. BORACAY. VACATION. EVER.

Thanks to Shore Time Hotel for making it possible. From the airport terminal to the hotel (and back), we really had a wonderful time! The reviews are correct -- the superb customer service is the first thing that you will notice. The staff are courteous and friendly.

The hotel facilities may be limited (no pool, for example), but the rooms are clean and well-designed. Who needs the pool anyway if the beach is right across the road! All rooms are air-conditioned and have wireless Internet connection. The rooms that we had were loft types with one huge bed on each floor. Each floor also has one huge flat screen TV with cable which means there are 2 TVs in our room. Less fighting on the remote, haha! One room is good enough for 4 persons to stay comfortably (we were 6 so we needed 2 rooms). The bathrooms are clean and comfortable. Hot and cold water is available. Basic toiletries are provided.

You can also enjoy the sun and beach at the Obama restaurant right across the hotel. Order a glass of fruit shake or cocktail while soaking up the sun.

This hotel is highly recommended for couples, family, and friends. I'm definitely suggesting this to my friends. :-)

Room Tip: Ask for the room with a view of the beach. The room has two balconies -- one each on every floor. Th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Manila, phil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We got the penthouse last June 2012. The hotel room, location and service were extremely great.

Room Tip: Ask for a land tour. It was very cheap and enjoyed it a lot.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

We were at Shoretime last Feb 2012 and stayed in the penthouse. Nice bed, clean and soft linens and pillows. It's not beachfront, but almost, just cross the street, to Obama Grill, and you're there, the white beach of Boracay! Shoretime guests can use the beach chairs in front of Obama Grill since S/T and O/G are sisters (they have the same owner). But what stands out about this hotel is their excellent service. Staff are very helpful, from the time they met us at Caticlan airport til our return flight, they were really amazing. My friends got sunburned and the staff gave us an ointment and ice-water to ease the pain. There are many nice hotels in Boracay, but not all nice hotels have great service like Shoretime. To the Shoretime staff and management, you're doing a great job, keep it up!

Room Tip: If you can, choose the penthouse, more spacious. Two queen beds, 1 at the loft. Really nice.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Shore Time Hotel Boracay? Share your experiences!