“Great service, great people!!” 5 of 5 stars

Alta Vista de Boracay
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Barangay Yapak, Aklan Province 5608 , Philippines   |
Ranked #56 of 137 Hotels in Boracay
Darwin, Australia
“Great service, great people!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for a few nights and the hotel staff we absolutely lovely!! Especially Renz and Mitch on the front desk!! Not one bone to pick!! They recommended things to do and what to see all of it amazing!!

• Stayed October 2013
Aristedes S, Manager at Alta Vista de Boracay, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear AccebeR1,

Our people are one of the pride of our hotel and Mitch and Renz are one of the many who are always willing to assist our guest in the most possible way.

I will pass you beautiful words to them and thank you for recognizing their efforts.

We sincerely hope to see you again in the near future

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Just completed a 7 day reunion with my 4 sisters in Alta Vista.
Aside from an excellent room with a view, the highlight for our stay here is there restaurant-Alta Veranda. We made several request for native dishes that were not in the menu and every single time, the operations manager-Ryan never said no. Compliments to Ryan and the Chef in not only meeting our request but making the dishes exceptionally well. This made our stay here very special. Many thanks to the managers-Ari, Gee and the staff for making us feel at home.

Room Tip: Have stayed at The Hythemus, Fuji and Blanc buildings. They all offered great views.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mannieonthe beach,

I still remember the last night when you and your sister were having a lots of fun doing the karaoke. It was a night full of fun

Thank you for complimenting my Food and Beverage colleagues. We will look forward on your next visit in Boracay. This time, bring along more of your friends.

We will see you again

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed at the loft type room and there was more than enough space for the 6 of us. Excellent service was provided by all the staff. Breakfast was a bit repetitive, but good enough for the price as it was already included in the already very good room rates.

The beauty of this hotel is that it is away from the busy side of Boracay, so you can relax and just enjoy your time with your family, but at the same time, close enough that you can still experience the wild parties Boracay is known for with the frequent bus services they have going to D'Mall.

I would recommend Alta Vista De Boracay to any family wanting big rooms, good service and most of all, peace and quiet, which can be a bit hard to find in Boracay.

Room Tip: Request for a room that is closest to the club house, unless you fancy a hike everytime you need to...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Macpao87,

We are indeed glad that you and your family had a fantastic stay in the hotel. You are indeed correct that in Alta Vista, you still wont miss the fun and the same time enjoy the peace and quiet of nature. We both offers the luxury of peace and rhythm of music in place you can call home.

Our services and facilities helps us achieve this making sure that our guest indeed have a wonderful stay in Boracay.

We will look forward on your next stay with us

Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Clean spacious room with 2 double beds and 2 sofa beds. Able to accommodate up to 6 people so would be great for families or if traveling with a group of friends. Very convenient shuttle services that brings us to and fro from the hotel to D'mall with hotel staff at the D'mall pick up point to ensure all hotel guests get to board the shuttle in an orderly fashion.

Buffet breakfast had a fair selection although I must say the dinner we had at their in-house restaurant was extremely disappointing. The food served was lukewarm at best. The carbonara pasta we ordered came in a cold congealed heap. Unappetizing and not satisfying at all after a whole day of traveling.

Had free Wifi in the common areas of the hotel but had to pay a rather costly fee to access Wifi in the hotel room itself. This was definitely a minus point since most hotels these days provide Wifi in the rooms without extra charge.

Otherwise, staff were friendly and helpful, always greeting guests with a smile on their faces. Also very helpful in giving recommendations when we were looking to do some beach activities.

If you would like to enjoy your stay away from the more congested areas, would recommend Alta Vista

Room Tip: Request for a unit nearer to the main hotel lobby if you want less of a walk to the pool or restaura...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Casselim,

Thank you for bringing us your concerns. We are already looking on this and rest assured that we will do something to meet your needs.

We are still glad that you had a beautiful stay in the resort. On your next visit, I will be personally happy to assist you.

Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My first time in Boracay and my family and I stayed in Alta Vista; best decision we ever made! Everything about Alta Vista, I like. Big, comfy rooms and bed, free shuttle services, good choices on the breakfast buffet, exclusive access to Puka Beach, extremely friendly staff and most of all, the resort is AWAY from the busy Stations 1, 2 & 3!! Going back to Boracay next year and YES, Alta Vista is on top of the list of contenders. Honestly, I don't mind staying there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Aristedes S, Manager at Alta Vista de Boracay, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Jocelyn,

I am deeply touched by your never ending praises. Indeed we are truly happy that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and considering of coming back to us again next year. We will be looking forward to see you and your family on your next visit. Thank you very much

Arie S. Sena
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My pleasant stay here although a short one was made poor by an individual from the hotel. I would like to give credit specially to Arie the Hotel Manager who was very attentive and Bonbon the attendant from Puka Beach and the very friendly shuttle drivers. My bad experience happened when I was about to board the shuttle - the driver told me to sit in front and when I was on my way, this lady suddenly tried to get ahead of me and said in Filipino 'My tummy is aching already and I need to go now!' in a rude manner - she must have assumed I don't understand Filipino - I gave her the eye but let it go and I just went to the back part of the shuttle - she then went to the back as well and sat beside me and was throwing a fit. I was not able to get her name but I overheard that she is the F&B Manager - a little bit on the stout side (her day off was on Sunday 8/25/13).

It would have been a really pleasant trip except for her. Sad how 1 person can ruin a delightful holiday.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mmmluakian,

When I learned about this incident, I immediately conducted an investigation and spoke to the person you were referring to. This case is now being handled by our Human Resources officer. I am still glad that despite this particular incident, you still enjoyed the rest of the facility and services the hotel is offering. Thank you for your beautiful words and I am still looking forward to see you and your family in the near future.

Arie S. Sena
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Alta Vista is one of the most expensive resorts in Boracay Island. Yes, it's expensive but it's all worth your every peso. From the shuttle service to and from the hotel, nice, spacious room, infinity pool to the buffet breakfast - more than what you can ask for.
Aircon Shuttle service - they have a representative at the Budgetmart in D'mall to assist you. Very punctual. Very nice driver :)
Room - 2 big beds inside a very spacious room with mini kitchen and veranda overlooking the resort, pool and ocean. You'd want to wake up to this every morning :)
Toilet & bath - im very particular with this one. Complete toiletries, bath tub, fresh white fluffy towels, and of course hot & cold shower and a hair blower. You're pampered here :)
The pool is just awesome. I wanted to swim there and take pictures in it the whole time!
Breakfast - did I mention its buffet? *burp*
If I can, I'd stay here for a week. I love this place!

• Stayed October 2012
Aristedes S, Manager at Alta Vista de Boracay, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Binabanesa,

Your kind words inspires everyone of us here in the hotel to do better and make sure that all our guests gets full satisfaction and worth of their money.

Thank you and we are looking forward to see you in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Been to Alta Vista de Boracay? Share your experiences!