“don't stay here” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #57 of 137 Hotels in Boracay
New York
“don't stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This place is full of tour groups which really ruins the feel of any place I think. it's too big and the lobby is constantly crowded with tour groups waiting to catch their buses etc.

Also the location is no good at all. It's a 10 minute shuttle to white beach, the shuttle runs roughly every hour so you have to plan out your days more, plus it doesn't run past midnight. The area it's in is not nearly as nice as white beach. I booked here for the pool, but the water at the beach is much nicer anyway

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Aristedes S, Manager at Alta Vista de Boracay, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Kate 1617,

It was the peak of the Chinese New Year when you stayed in our hotel, and I would say that as early as January till the whole month of February, Alta Vista is fully booked with guests mostly comprising of our friends from China. This has been a yearly situation in the whole Boracay and we welcome our Chinese friends who would like to spend their new year in the island.

I really felt bad that your stay in the hotel did not create a good memory. However, if you could give us the chance and experience our service again on other time of the year aside from the month of February, l would say you'll have the experience our hotel is known for. We also have the "private" puka beach where you could enjoy the luxury of being away from the crowd and in touch with nature. Our shuttle service is flexible when necessary catering to guest's needs as required by the necessity of time. The infinity pool is indeed relaxing however during that particular dates the hotel was full house.

I am looking forward that you would try again our service and facility on some other time of the year. Thank you and God bless.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Had an enjoyable holiday this Feb. Staff were friendly, we stayed in a Loft Room and there were 6 of us. View at the balcony was lush greenery and I could see sunrise every morning!
The infinity pool was inviting, there was wifi at the resort lobby, breakfast was nothing too fanciful but acceptable. I love to sit on the high stools al fresco and have breakfast while overlooking the greenery and the infinity pool. We went to Alta Vista's private PUKA beach and stayed there for the sunset. Very beautiful! Resort also provide shuttle service to and fro D'mall where white beach is. It was convenient and shuttle service timing was on the dot, so be sure to queue at least 5 mins before scheduled timings. Room has HBO movies and local channels, hot water for shower, you can request for make up of room, toiletries and bottled water are provided. There is a microwave for heating up of food, you can't cook as there is no stove. Kettle for boiling water is provided, tea, coffee, sugar, creamer were provided. I would suggest buying 6-litres bottled drinking water from the budget mart at D'mall as their tap water has a strange taste. Resort is located at the northen tip of Boracay and is quiet, compared to resorts located nearer to white beach. Overall, would recommend friends to stay at Alta Vista de Boracay.

Also, was at Tilapia N' Chips for lunch at D'mall. Their signature dish of the same name was value for money and came with iced lemon tea. Free wifi and aircon was a privilege on a hot afternoon. Their mudpie was more ice than the creamy mudpie I was used to and expected, bit disappointed. But staff were friendly and their washroom, or as filipinos called them 'comfort room', was clean and pleasant. Visited Calypso Lounge for coffee, utterly disappointed with staff and coffee was 3-in-1 when I specified I wanted expresso in my latte. Has free wifi, but was warm and met a staff who sulk. Her lousy attitude probably added to my bad experience there.

Go to Lonely Planet several doors down, they serve FANTASTIC quality coffee with coffee art (those with drawings on the milk foam). Sat there sipping coffee while watched sunset with a whole throng of people. Reminded me of a scene in the movie 'City of Angels' where angels stood to watch sunrise everyday, only difference was our timing- we got the sunset.

Dinner at Regency Boracay was good and value for money. We had Don Vito Restorante Italiano Gelato, Peso 100 for two scoops. Passable, not fantastic. There were lots of singing and live band on white beach at night. Also tried Bite Club's Triple X burger- burger is bigger than our face! Beef was juicy and wedges and sauces were delicious!

Be sure to bargain if you are shopping. And tip masseurs if you are going for massages. Was at Net Tides hotel's Surrender Day Spa for two massages in one day. Explore their roof top in the evening, drink and relax on the lounge sofas, listen to lounge music and enjoy the breeze...

There are also lots of seas sports and diving if you like. Friends went for diving and raved about it.

Would love to go back to Boracay again! Such a lovely place!

Room Tip: Request for rooms nearer to the lobby to avoid long walks to and fro rooms. Pack light on luggage so...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Aristedes S, Manager at Alta Vista de Boracay, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Liliputian 17,

Your kind words about your stay in our hotel would inspire us to perform better and exceed the expectation of our guests. We are indeed glad that the beautiful memories of your stay with us will make you recommend us to your friends. Thank you and we are looking forward to see you again with your family and friends

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

When I first arrived in Boracay, driving past D'Mall, and all the activity, I was sure I made a mistake, and regretted that I chose a hotel away from the main strip. But was I wrong, when we arrived at Alta Vista, we were welcomed by a long, tree lined driveway, illuminated by lights, grand in comparison to the other hotels that were on the main road. The main atrium however was small and a bit disappointing. The decorations were really nothing to comment on. It was clean and had a nice view, leading directly to the infinity pool. They provide free shuttle to and from D'Mall. The shuttle is very frequent, so no worries. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. Can't say enough about them. We stayed in the loft, two storey unit. A lot of cupboard space which didn't make any sense to me. It was clean and spacious. I found the staircase in our room was super slippery. I guess they polished the hardwood, stairs included. The food was good too. I mean for the price there was good selection, fresh and abundant. We were there over New Years, the views were spectacular and I'm sure the best views of the fireworks. I would definitely recommend this place to my family and friends, and would go back. Good deal for your money.

• Stayed December 2012
Aristedes S, Manager at Alta Vista de Boracay, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Pusangkalye,

You are indeed correct that if one wishes to experience the other side of Boracay, Alta Vista is the perfect place. Considering Alta Vista as the place for your perfect accommodation truly inspired us to continue and believe that we are on our way of achieving our missions and realizing our vision.

We thank you for your kind words.

Davao City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I got to boracay twice, and i simply cannot forget my stay at Alta Vista de Boracay. Upon checking in, you will be served with a very refreshing drink and the most friendly and accomodating staff would let you feel at home. The place is huge with lots of flowers and trees and green grass with a breathtaking overview of the island (in some part). My friends enjoyed so much at their infinity pool located just infront of the restaurant. They also have big rooms with queens size bed fit for a group with tight budget. And i think, last but certainly not the least, the food was awesome! their breakfast buffet would really make you full until sun down. All of the best breakfast food is served and i so love it especially that i am a breakfast person.
Plus, they are one of the few hotels in boracay that gives you free acces to the infamous, private PUKA BEACH, a secluded part of the island with great sand and pristine waters. I really cannot think of the the many wonderful things to tell about the hotel, i just know that i surely go back to my home away from home.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Aristedes S, Manager at Alta Vista de Boracay, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Waterirl,

Indeed your beautiful words inspires us more to exceed the expectations of our dear guests like you. This gives us the inspiration to do more and meet the needs and wants of our guests. We are honored that you consider us your Home away from home.

We will be looking forward to see you again with your family and friends. Our sincere appreciations for your kind words.

Yours truly,
Cardiff
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Not the best experience. Food was really bad and half of our group were very ill during our stay here. Breakfast was dire simply put food from last night served up. I told them not to reheat rice in particular but my advice fell on deaf ears. If you like chips and rice with left over meat and veg from last night for your breakfast your in the right place. Very disappointing all this and I won't be back.
They charged me straight away 1000 P per person for the boat trip I was not happy about this as I saw signs at the port for 200 P per person.
Only fair to state the positves... regular bus into town and beach. They said Puka beach private but it's not. I was mobbed soon as I got to the beach I bought a few small trinkets just to get rid of them. Rough sea here and you can't really swim here as dangerous currents so be careful here.
Got ripped off repeatedly at white beach so beware and settle soon as you receive your order. Don't run up a tab anywhere. At white beach the worst case was a bill for 4015 P when the actual bill was 1504 P so be very careful!
Nice rooms at hotel nothing special though. No smiles from staff at reception they always looked miserable but other staff very helpful and friendly. Pool is good though but they ran out of towels regular and very limited loungers I never actually got one. Happy when we left so yes very poor experience and certainly won't be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the reception area so you don't have to walk to far for transport Hotel Bus...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Judge Leigh,

It is very saddening that you did not fully enjoyed your stay in Boracay. I have personally noted your concerns about the food and in fact I have discussed this already with the kitchen staff. Re heating of food and recycling is never a practice in our hotel.

Your concern about the transportation charge of P200 is good only for the local shuttle service from the port area to the hotel. This does not include yet the port and terminal fees and the boat fee. I have also noted your concern about the front desk staff and will definitely act on this.

Thank you very much for the feedback as we indeed give high priority for things like this to learn and improve our services.We are hoping you could give us the chance to serve you better the next time .

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I found the place to be really welcoming, warm, and friendly. The rooms were clean and well maintained. I enjoyed the sound of roosters in the morning sitting outside on the balcony with good views. It is away from the hustle and crowded areas, the shuttle was easy to use, although we road the tricycle half of the time for fun. The breakfast was good and very affordable. My cousin booked the loft room for 6 of us, perfect size for us!! I really recommend this place

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jay O,

I personally would like to thank you for writing your feedback about your stay with us. We are happy that you had a great stay.

We will be looking forward to see you again and your friends in the near future. We are glad that you will be recommending us to your friends.

Taipei, Taiwan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We've stayed here during 12/28 till 12/30, our flight arrived in late night so the hotel has arranged airport picking up for us. The service here is good enough, but the food is terrible... I'm not sure if most hotel food there is the same, the breakfast buffet lets me down... serioursly, I just need some toasts and coffee to wake me up but they are all bad. Anyway, the view and the enviroment is really great for the one who is seeking a quiet and relaxing place. We LOVE the pool, amazing view from the pool, you may see the surrounding mountains and the sea (far away). The loft is large enough for 4ppl to stay comfortably and the room is clean. The shuttle bus is actually really conveinent (till 12am) even though it might take 15mins to get to the white beach. I can feel that the staffs are doing their best to make each guests feel like home.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Aristedes S, Manager at Alta Vista de Boracay, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear Jing Y,

Thank you for writing your review during your stay with us. We will be looking seriously on it and definitely will be given immediate solutions to remedy the concerns.

We are glad to hear you had a very relaxing stay.

We will be looking forward to see you again in the near future.

Hotel Managere

Been to Alta Vista de Boracay? Share your experiences!