“The Best In Boracay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 113 Specialty Lodging in Boracay
Manchester, United Kingdom
“The Best In Boracay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed at the Boracay West Cove 23-27th December 2012 .... A MAZE ING ..We booked direct with the hotel and BOYET took care of everything, We were picked up and arrived at the west cove alloacted room 103. Fantastic suite Fantastic view and enormous terrace overlooking the Sulu sea. The service was 100% spot on Ms Analyn the operations manager delivered impeccable service there was nothing she couldnt do and she made our stay even more enjoyable, what a lovely lady. Rooms clean and spacious, public areas and eateries clean and sense of space, Views and sunsets to die for. When we left we were literally taken right to departures at caticlan airport which i thought was amazing service. Even if its just for a couple of nights just to finish your holiday off in Boaracy stay at West Cove .. I promise you will not be dissapointed and we will definately be back soon /....... Thanks to all of the staff there and look forwards to seeing you all soon ....... SIR AIDY & SIR MARK

Room Tip: We stayed in 103 but equally i cant think theres and bad room s there
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed here on our last day in Boracay.We were amazed by the design and entrance of this Hotel.It is far from the happening and entertainment are.Truly a relaxing environment!
We had to walk through steep staircase thru a cave and when we finally reached the lobby, we were welcomed with a smile and i just could not take my eyes off the front view of the hotel.
Our Villa was facing the beach.There are very few rooms in this Hotel and my Hubby was lucky to get a villa on a peak season.
We loved the cave concept and the view from our room was breathtaking!!
They have their private kayaking and snorkeling equipments and area for activities.So, we had our private and romantic time kayaking!

After a long tiring 3 days stay at Boracay Station 2 area, I am extremely glad to have had a last relaxing day at Boracay West Cove!.

Room Tip: The deluxe and suite rooms that are facing the sea looks great!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed in West Cove in Sept 2009 and Oct 2012. I can't imagine my 2nd experience with west cove can actually exceed my previous one!

For services, they provide a lot of lovely services for free: pick up and drop off services, activities arrangement services, in-room breakfast.

The pick up and drop off services are really really good: As long as you book west cove, they pick up and drop off you @ Caticlan for free and carry all your luggage all the way! Make sure you email them in advance for it and don't spend any money for ferry and tricycle =)

The hotel can help arrange all available activities for free but the deal was not good. I tried to have them book 2 activities (ATV and helicopter tour) for me.... Really bad experience for ATV compare to last time when I search by myself @ the beach...I recommend you go to the beach and search for the activities, because you can negotiate the price and ask for more stuff compare to the hotel. Helicopter was ok as the pilot was Canadian, so much easier to communicate with.

This hotel provides in-room breakfast! I stay in 4th floor and the waitress walked all the way to 4th floor just to give us a menu..Also they fold your clothes too when cleaning room!( although folding without skill) <------I wanted to rate the service 5 but I felt I got scammed for the activity arrangement service.

For the hotel room. it is really really big and perfect ocean view! I stayed in a new room, i can smell the paint! LOL...The balcony is so nice: we got 2 sunbath chairs, a breakfast table with 2 chairs, and another 2 lower chairs. There are still plenty of space left even tho having so many furniture there! However, there were 2 pitfall: the internet and hot water are not stable at all. Internet is jammed due to high usage. You better use it before 8AM and after 12AM. Hot water got cut at least twice a day for no reason...I had to call them to fix it outside my hotel room (apparently there is something wrong outside) <---I rate the room 5 because hot water and internet are not a must to me.

All in all this hotel is a bit pricey compare among Boracay but I would say it is worth staying once or twice.

Room Tip: 1. No elevator and not assessable for disable 2. Expect to have some ant, bugs or spiders (my gf is...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BoracayWestCove, Front Office Manager at Boracay West Cove, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review.
We look forward to your next visit.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is the first review that I have ever posted and was compelled to do so, as I feel that it would be wrong not to share my wonderful experience with other holiday makers. My husband and I travelled from London to Boracay to attend a wedding on the island along with 57 other Australians, British and Taiwanese.

Having worked in the event industry for 20 years and currently Head of International Operations, I have been privileged to staying in magnificent 4 & 5 star hotels throughout the world. Boracay West Cove was highly recommended to me by a friend, as an exclusive and private hotel away from the hustle and bustle of Station 1, 2 and 3 on White Beach. It certainly did not disappoint!

The first thing that struck me upon arrival was the genuinely warm welcome from all the staff, starting with Alvin who collected us at Caticlan airport. This friendliness continued upon arrival at the hotel when we received a cool towel, iced tea and shell necklace whilst Boyet and Ting Ting checked us in. This attitude transgressed throughout the property for the duration of our stay.

I was unaware of the Spanish influence in the Philippines, but was struck by the unique and hauntingly beautiful architecture of the property, which seemingly paid homage to Gaudi’s design. The rooms were phenomenal, all with a sea view and with exceptional hand crafted wooden décor and fittings.

The food was by far the best we had on the island. There is an interesting mix of Filipino, Western and Asian cuisine, all using fresh ingredients. I personally recommend the Chicken Sisig, Prawns Thermidor, Chicken & Pork Adobo and everything on their BBQ grill menu.

West Cove offers privacy, sublime beauty (amazing sunsets!); genuinely warm staff who will go out their way to ensure you enjoy your stay. Huge thanks to all staff who looked after us and we cannot sing their praises high enough. A special thanks to Frencie, barman extraordinaire, Irvin, budding florist and restaurant manager and not forgetting Kirsha, Billy and JR. We will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 302, which we loved. When we return we will treat ourselves to a suite, as they lo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

pros
Nice view. Friendly staff.

Cons
Stairs were killing but worth the climb. Food not so great. The first standard room had amazing view but aircond didnt work and changed us to deluxe but i prefered the view in standard room. Too far from station 1 and 2. Had to depend on trycycle everytime we go out. Refuse to pick us from Budget Mart although they have shuttle because its only for guest who has checked in? Otherwise have to pay 150 pesos. My checkout was a spoiler coz they charged me 200plus pesos because they couldnt find the hand towel and i had no time to unlock my luggage to prove its not taken.

• Stayed October 2012
Munich
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Pros:
I.The architecture is surreal in Antoni Gaudi’s style as the hotel was built around and within the natural caves!
II.The view from the suit is breathtaking. The view from breakfast area is equally enticing.
III. Away from the hustle and bustle. Ideal for honeymooners or those who want to have a quite night’s sleep

Cons:
I.Sub-par breakfast. The selection is rather limited to the local cuisine which is slightly greasy for the first meal of the day. The butter appears to be stale. Stick with the egg station and order freshly made omelette.
II. Friendly but unhelpful staff: Service is adequate but the staff appears to be slightly undertrained. I cannot have an effective communication with them in English and misunderstanding occurs from time to time.
III. Remote location: It is not so easily accessible from the main beach and the “private” beach is rather run down. The construction for the infinity pool is left unattended.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is a great getaway from it all. Our room was nicely furnished and very spacious. The views were amazing. I've stayed in other places in boracay before and tis was above and beyond special. I have 3 and 5 year old boys and they loved going up and down the stairs. I wish they had a hot tub. However the staff is very attentive and responsive to your needs. I has no fear for the safety of my boys.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Boracay West Cove? Share your experiences!