“Beautiful room, breathtaking views & fantastic staff” 4 of 5 stars

Punta Rosa Boutique Hotel
Sinagpa St., Balabag, Aklan Province, Philippines   |
Ranked #58 of 134 Hotels in Boracay
Sydney, Australia
“Beautiful room, breathtaking views & fantastic staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

Overall we had a great time here - there were many positives about the hotel and only two minor negatives.
Positives: Fabulous room (We stayed in the Punta Rosa room) with great views of the beach, nice and quiet part of the beach (station 1), Hotel staff extremely friendly, helpful and well spoken (great English), flexible and accommodating for guests.

Minor negatives: The hotel has no specific beach loungers and you must hire beds for 100 pesos per day. The hotel is next to a small road which has chickens and animals on (chickens crowing in the am woke us up a couple of times).

Overall very happy with the place and would highly recommend it to others who would like a quiet place to relax and chill out on the quieter part of main beach.

Room Tip: Punta rosa i believe is one of the best rooms in the hotel (this is where we stayed and is highly re...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
PRBoracay, Manager at Punta Rosa Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2012
Dear Sir/Ma'am,

Thank you so much for the nice review, we really appreciate it.

Regards,
The Management & Staff of Punta Rosa Boutique Hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

We chose Punta Rosa because of the reviews we read on TripAdvisor, and we weren't disappointed. We specifically requested for the Punta Orange room 2 weeks before our trip, and the staff emailed back within a day to let us know that the room would be ready for us when we arrive. The hotel is at the edge of Station 1 on White Beach, and it is definitely not walking distance to Station 2 (on a hot day), but we liked that we were a good distance away from Station 2. The staff at Punta Rose were very helpful in terms of getting tricycles for the guests, so getting from the hotel to Station 2 for dinner, for example, was never an issue.

Punta Rosa's doorstep is steps away from White Beach, however, they don't have their own beach area so we usually walked to other beachfront resorts (2 min walk to Fridays, Discovery Shores, etc.) and just paid 300-500 pesos to use their beach front facilities for the whole day, including beach towels. The great thing about this is that guests are able to experience the service (food, drink, massage) at other top resorts without having to stay at these top resorts. It was a different experience every single day, which made lounging on the beach for 3 days not so monotonous.

As for the room, the Punta Orange is beautiful with a huge bathroom. You could tell that they really make it a point to maintain this property because it is immaculate. The room is spacious, airy and equipped with a fridge, cable tv, DVD player, free wifi, safe, hairdryer, A/C and unlimited supply of bottled water. What more could you ask for?! The mattress of the bed also felt like a Tempur-Pedic, so we slept extremely well because it felt like our bed at home.

The owners of Punta Rosa should be proud of their establishment and I hope that they continue to do a good job.

Like the title of this review says --- this is not a hotel for party goers, but for people who want some peace and quiet while on vacation.

Room Tip: Look up Punta Rosa on Youtube for video tours of each room.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

The room is big with an equally spacious bathroom, and we had a huge king-size bed. Breakfast was served freshly on the rooftop every morning and the view is amazing!

The hotel is located at the beginning of Station 1; a lot of boats are docked nearby so it's easy to go sailing, island hopping or do other water activities. They don't have beach chairs for hotel guests but provides beach towels. It's about a 10-minute walk to Club Paraw and Guilly's and 15 minutes to D'Mall. If you walk a bit further down you could get to D'Talipapa and all the restaurants on Station 2.

We booked this through Agoda for about 600 USD for five nights; I'd say the price is reasonable; there are cheaper alternatives but not everyone resort has a room available for five consecutive nights during peak season. A tricycle ride to the resort from Caticlan Jetty Port (Station 3) shouldn't cost more than 50php per person.

Boracay was an amazing experience and I would definitely come back!

Room Tip: watch the videos on their website
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

What a nice little boutique hotel! We went for two nights during CNY 2012. It's location is all the way at the end of station 1, so it's pretty isolated. However, you can still walk down the beach to more happening spots in station 2 etc. The rate was very affordable, and included breakfast. They cooked it fresh every morning for us. The other food on the menu was reasonably priced and the service was excellent.

Our room was very well decorated and clean. We had a very large and comfy bed, a small tv, a refrig with a few beers and sodas, a balcony, and a super large bathroom, with a huge shower! For the price that we paid, the room was above our expectations.

And everyone at the hotel was very accomodating and nice. We enjoyed our stay very much.

On the downside: the hotel wasn't directly on the beach, but almost. So it doesn't have a beach area with chairs, a bar, pool, etc like other hotels. We spent almost all of our time away from the hotel, except to sleep and eat breakfast.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights with my girlfriend. It's certainly nothing special. Everything just average.

The hotel is not directly on the beach and there is no area for guests to hang out either on the beach or close to it. We spent all our time away from the hotel other than sleeping and breakfast.

The bath / shower area reminded me of a sheep dip. Basically a massive pit which you stand in to shower.

Breakfast was the same each day. Fruits and omelette or scrambled eggs. Got boring.

For a "boutique" hotel I would have expected some finesse - a few finishing touches to improve the experience. Overall it felt like a very average b&b.

• Stayed November 2011
LPC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

When I travel, I always consider three things: Quality, Accessibility, Value for Money.

So after searching online for days, weeks even, I discovered Punta Rosa. I always want to know what I’m getting, and the videos of their rooms, (which you can find via youtube or their 3 official websites (yes 3!): puntarosa.ph, puntarosa.com, puntarosaboracay.com) were very comprehensive. They had an ongoing promo with Tripadvisor when I booked, so I only paid Php 2,800 / night.

At first, I wanted to get Punta Cogon, because we wanted privacy. But since I didn’t want to negotiate the stairs, I got Punta Playa instead. Then I asked for the bank details, and made my deposit the day after. I made several phone calls after that to confirm my booking, and it took them almost a week to give me the confirmation that they have received my down payment. I hope that for future transactions, their confirmations would be faster.
They helped us with the transfers. The transfers were at cost as we paid Island Star Express directly. It was Php 2,350 for 2 pax, back and forth, including the taxes we had to settle on the ports.

When we got there, I thought that since the room was right beside the reception, it will be really noisy. Then I realized that being there was to our advantage, since I can easily open the door and ask for the hotel staff’s assistance. Also, there’s this wooden bench situated right in front of the reception and that place felt like our very own veranda during night time (Reception personnel go home at around 1030pm and come back by 7am-ish). So yes, we had the privacy that we wanted.

I had the best sleep here, no bed bugs, the pillows were really fluffy, and the bed linens were fresh and clean.

For 3 days, I woke up to the wonderful view of the beach as our room was right infront of the beach. Pair it up with the hotel’s breakfast, it was bliss.

Located at the far end of Station 1, Punta Rosa is about 20 minutes from Royal Park Hotel by foot (which is in between Station 1 and Station 2). So if you’re not up for the work out, you can get a tricycle. Php 65 going to Punta Rosa, Php 75 when you’re going out from Punta Rosa. Tricycles are right outside of the hotel, no need for you to go out of your way to get one.

Jenymel and Jupiter (reception personnel) were very accommodating. They led us to must-see / must-eat / must-go places, and even recommended the most effective masseuse in the island (since we’re after old school “hilot” / reflexology).

Punta Rosa is the best place for those who would like to get away from it all. We’ll be back! 

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

Before I and my fiance went to Boracay, we were worreid that the hotel was too far from the station 2 but it wasn't. If you walk along the beach looking at the beautiful landscape, it is not that far. And the staffs were very kind. The breakfast was very nice. Everything was very nice. I and my finace really enjoyed staying there. Especially the hotel is located at the end of the beach, so it is very quite and cozy. However I didn't like one thing there. It is all the same everywhere but there was always somebody asking us for some activities in front of the hotel. It was very very annoying. Actually if you walk along the beach, there are many people ask for some activities.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
PRBoracay, Manager at Punta Rosa Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2011
Thank you for letting us know. We will address this things to the barangay office of Boracay and thank you so much for the compliment.

Been to Punta Rosa Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!