“WORST STAY I EVER HAD.” 1 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Barangay Dao, Dauis | Panglao Island, Philippines   |
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Bohol Island
“WORST STAY I EVER HAD.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this resort for 2 nights nov 2 and nov 3, 2012..my travel agent told me it's their first time to introduce dis resort.. I have great expectations BUT it's too late when I finally stayed in the Flushing Meadows Resort....all my expectations literally GOT FLUSHED DOWN THE DRAIN...the foods in the buffet aside from being terrible no choices at all , you just have to take what they had, worst thing is there were lots of flies in the restaurant VERY DISAPPOINTING...all prices in this resort is HIGH including foods in the restaurant which is not appealing to my tasteTRY IT TO BELIEVE ME...Not accessible to public if u want to eat outside to enjoy ur meals then u have to shell out another fee doulble the price in going in and out of this terrible resort.!.the staff try asking them questions THEY DO NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT TO ANSWER ( OH MY GOD!!!!)...the SPA???..I always had my weekly massage in Manila I know what a relaxing massage is BUT IN FLUSHING MEADOWS??? the massage personnel doesnt even know wher and what d trigger points of muscles are?!!!not relaxing but PAINFULL MASSAGE!....the rooms UNSATISFACTORY!...I always put In my itinerary half day for jetski this is why I told my Travel agent to provide me a resort with this activity..to my disappointment again though I asked the front dest upon arrival regarding jetski this is what they said" YES SIR WE HAVE JETSKI HERE IN OUR RESORT BUT SIR WE WILL FIRST CHECK OUR JETSKI IF THEY ARE STILL IN GOOD CONDITION FOR THE GUESTS TO USE IF IT IS STILL FUNCTIONING THEN YOU CAN USE IT!...with this I'm no longer sure if it is safe enough to use their jetski I decided not to anymore bec I'm reluctant about the worthiness of their ski I wont take the forseeable RISK that might happen to me!.....About the dolphin watching I also cancelled it bec you have to pay 3,500 pesos , they wil bring you out in the open seas and luckily if there are dolphins accdg to the staff then u can watch them ( OH MY GOD!!!!), prices are just too high in this resort VS dolphin show in subic which includes very good package show all in for 1,500 pesos....IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A MISSERABLE VACATION THEN U CAN FLUSHDOWN URSELF AND UR MONEYS WORTH IN THIS RESORT!!!WARNING WARNING WARNING TO ALL!!!!!!

Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Puerto Princesa, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed here for 1 night.It was good enough.We can't do swimming though because the beach is not enticing.Their infinity pool was nice.We have no choice of getting food,they have a restaurant so we ate our meals there.The restaurant staff were accommodating.

We do not avail their playground.It seems neat and ideal for couple with kids.

• Stayed September 2012
Pasig, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed here with friends for 3D/2N last 2011. The place is really big with a lot rooms but we got rooms that are really far from the pool, restaurant and beach so we really have to keep our feet moving. By the time we got into the resort, 2/4 of our rooms were not ready yet so we have to squeeze ourselves to the 2 rooms available. The rooms are clean and spacious though.

If you're looking for a beach with Bohol's famous fine and white sand, better find another place to stay like in Alona Beach area. Better to arrange an island hopping or snorkeling if you wanna go around Bohol's sea. Their beach front is too small with very rough sand. But good thing they have large pools: an infinity and kiddie pool designed with dinosaurs.

Food and drinks were excellent and affordable. For the whole stay we were billed like about 200USD for 8 people for all the food, mango shakes and cocktails we consumed. Not really bad at all. Their Prawn Thermidor is a must try!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Shanghai, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Our family stayed here for 4 nights in October and it was the worst experience I have ever had with a resort. The service is non-existing, everything is extremely overpriced, the food is really bad and the breakfast buffet is a joke. There is no real beach and it is far from anything and everything. The hotel offer transportation but at rates 2-3 times what you should pay.
Do not let this place ruin your vacation as there are countless of better options on Panglao.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Tagbilaran City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed one night for a wedding anniversary getaway celebration. Our booking was done through a travel agency in which we specified "double or queen bed". On arrival at the room we discovered twin beds. Staff rectified this by joining the two beds together. This should have been done in advance which indicates a staff member(s) was not paying attention to the reservation details. The bathroom ceiling light bulb was out. I phoned the front desk who said they would take care of it. Upon returning from dinner the light was still out. A second phone call got the bulb replaced. Dining room staff do not put condiments on the table such as salt, pepper, soy sauce, ketchup, etc.. Table tissues were on some of the tables some of the time. I classify all the above as "minor shortcomings" to be more the norm in the Philippines rather than the exception. The causes are a discussion left for another place and time.
The Standard room was adequate. The A/c unit was modern and quiet. The TV was very small. There was a safe in the room for storing valuables. The dinner menu was diversified and the food was good. The breakfast buffet was also good and included in the room rate. Free airport transportation is included. WiFi is free and in the restaurant and lobby areas. The landscaping is superb. This hotel is not located in the more touristy Alona Beach area should one be looking for that.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

My sisters and I stayed here on december 2010 What i loved most is its infinity pool and the beautiful garden! Its trees get to be surrounded by fireflies at night. Very romantic :) the ambience of the whole resort is beautiful. I recommend it for families and couples :)

• Stayed December 2011
Derry City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed for 3 nights in August. The resort was not very busy, which suited me. I had time to meet many of the staff and get to know them. My stay was very much a relaxing time and i was able to try some of the local food. I would have no hesitation staying here again, it suited my needs, although not 5 star.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Flushing Meadows Resort? Share your experiences!