Booking: We booked a deluxe room directly with Vest Pension House through e-mail. We were asked to pay 50% of the total room rate and tours via Paypal or bank transfer and we chose the former. As what the other reviewers mentioned, it's good value for your money especially when you just wanted a decent place to stay while in Bohol and you're mostly outside during the day exploring Bohol. For PhP1,400 per night for a deluxe room, you can't beat that price.
Arrival: Vest provides complimentary pick-up from the Tagbilaran airport or port. The staff was already at the port when we arrived which was a plus.
Check-in: Fast and a staff helped us carry our bags (even we've only got 2 carry-on bags with us) into our room at the 2nd floor.
Room: Quite roomy but with slightly hard bed, thin mattress and thin pillows. There's a small television and an air conditioning unit which was nice especially when it gets really hot. Our only complain is that there is poor soundproofing that we can actually hear other guests when they are walking pass our room, when the guests beside our room are taking a shower or when they are having loud conversations with squeals at times when they get excited. Early in the morning, we can also hear the noise outside the hotel. You may want to request for a room on the 3rd floor and far from the stairs where some guests tend to congregate and chat.
Bathroom: Average size with a shower and a shower curtain to divide the shower area and the toilet & sink. Bath towels are thin and quite rough. They provide basic soap and shampoo but we brought our own toiletries to use. There were sightings of ants on the sink and counter.
Breakfast: They offer American and Filipino breakfast options which varies everyday. Being a Filipino, I was fine with their Filipino breakfast. However, my European husband had limited selection even with the American breakfast offered. I think we could have requested pancakes or waffles but we just didn't bother and just tried to have a more satisfying lunch.
Dinner: We didn't have dinner at the Hotel so we can't really comment on the quality of food being served there. It was easy for us to go out at night, get a tricycle and went to Asiatika restaurant (located inside Metro Center Hotel) and Gerry's Grill (located inside BQ Mall) for dinner. We only paid PhP40 for the tricycle ride.
We booked a Chocolate Hills tour with Vest and the driver was polite and knowledgeable. The tour price of PhP2500 + entrance fees and river cruise with lunch buffet seemed reasonable. The following day, we were supposed to be picked up at 9am and driven to Bohol Beach Club for a day trip. We were waiting at the reception area for about 30 minutes and when I asked the receptionist why the driver was running late, she merely chuckled and don't know what to say. A senior staff then stepped forward and apologized saying it was her fault that our booking was not relayed to the car rental company on time. She indicated that the driver should be arriving no later than 9:30am. However, the driver arrived at 9:45am so that was almost an hour of waiting which was not fun at all.
Check-out: Pretty quick. I have to ask for a copy of the final bill and receipt as they don't seem to provide it if not asked. They kept our bags after we checked-out while we went to ICM Mall. They provided complimentary transfer from Vest to the airport.
Our stay at Vest was generally pleasant but we will probably look for other places to stay the next time we go to Bohol.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in a European-Chalet Design, designed in beautiful wood. Located in a quiet residential section of Tagbilaran City Well Stocked full liquor Bar, Fine Dining Restaurant which offers the best in local and international cuisine, and comfortable Lounge Area. FREE shuttle pick up and drop off by arrangement. Airport transfers for guests arriving via Tagbilaran City Airport or from the seaport. Along with free internet access and (Wifi-Hotspot) for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Vest Pension House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vest Pension House Hotel Bohol Island
- Vest Hotel Bohol
- Vest Pension House Bohol Province, Philippines