“Great Value for Money, nice sleeping place...” 4 of 5 stars

Vest Pension House
Tamblot Extension Cogon District | Tagbilaran City, 6000, Philippines   |
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Bohol Island
Malolos, Philippines
“Great Value for Money, nice sleeping place...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed here last September 14 to 16, 2012 and the staff are very nice. If you intend to take a city tour of Bohol then this is a great place to stay. This is only true if you do not intend to go swimming because the property is not located on a beach and neither does it have a swimming pool. My wife and I did not plan to go swimming and that's why we decided to choose this place. It's perfect if you merely need a place to sleep and plan on staying outside during your stay in Bohol.

The thing I like best about the place is the fact that the staff are indeed very friendly in addition to the room rates which are well within any traveler's budget.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Jaro, Iloilo City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Over-all, our stay at Vest Pension House was great. The staff were very accommodating and warm. The family room that we stayed in was nice and clean. We loved the homey ambiance. The wood flooring complemented the cozy atmosphere. However, during our stay (peak season), the dining area was not big enough to accommodate guests. They need a bigger space. Otherwise, it's great pension house! We would still choose Vest in our next visit to Bohol.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Imus, Cavite, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

stayed here with a group. this house has a 2-3 floors. the 1 thing i will always remember on this place is the flooring is all wood but is well maintained. the ground floor is a restaurant. this place is a bit far from other restaurant or any other places to eat. the food is okay. although it took a while for them to serve our food (well at least on our order). they have a computer you can use downstairs for connecting to the internet. the staff is very friendly. do not hesitate to ask them if you need anything, that includes if you want packages for trips like island hopping snorkeling etc.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
International
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I liked the hotel. Whether you take the ferry from Cebu or you fly in the hotel is less than 10 minutes away from both. The staff is warm and friendly. The hotel doesn't have a hotel feel. It feels like you are staying at your favorite relatives house. The atmosphere is warm and cozy. The rooms are spacious and I will admit that they could use some retouching but it's a very clean facility. The hotel has guided tours of Bohol and Pangloa which i highly recommend. The drivers are kind and courteous and will act as tour guides as well. Breakfast was okay. If your American you might not be fond of the breakfast only because it is not the tradition bacon, eggs, etc. However they did serve eggs any style you wanted and french toast. The only problem that I had was that I had food from the night before. When I woke up, there were ants. That was my only issue and I would probably stay again if I was in Bohol. If you expect to get a taxi....don't. There aren't that many in Bohol you have to take a Tricycle or Motor to get around. The internet was very fast as well.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

Hello guys, it was a happy experience during our stay in this pension house. Me and my husband loved the people there, they really took good care of us. Plus a very nice experience on our tours. Especially our tour driver kuya jun, whom my husbane loves to talk with they're like long time friends. What I love about these people coz after the end of the day of our tour they will always ask if enjoyed our tour. Definitely yes, especially my husband he looks like a kid while standing on that banca ride and getting crazy on our snorkeling getting into that deep water which is a diving site. I was scared of him telling him off to get off from there but he's a good swimmer anyway. But I have to take him back safely lol as what I've promised to his family here in Australia.
We got a deluxe room, the room wasn't that big but we already expected what we're getting. At least they have a phone and a nice cold aircon. I love the reception ladies especially the one in the early morning shift felt bad for waking them up at 4:30 am for breakfast esp that she's pregnant I think. But I did say sorry if I wake them up so early. They serve our tuna sandwich breakfast then we've had before we left.
We're so glad that we booked our tours with you guys. After our stay with you for 3 nights, we stayed at the Lost Horizon Resort and booked a deluxe room with a huge balcony and bathroom and facing the pool but me and my husband we're disappointed. No phone, lacks security and restaurant service was bad. They're even telling me in fb that I'm a filipina I should know better how the hotels work in our country. There seem to be a discrimination here, so what if I'm a filipina I'm still a guest and they should treat customers fairly. I was even disappointed coz I was the one who booked this resort for my husband but he wasn't happy about it. They really lack communication with staff and customers and so with management.
But with you guys, we're definitely coming back next time maybe with some more family and friends. Thanks a lot for a good holiday!

Room Tip: get the suite rooms coz its got a fridge on it.