“Great Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Bohol Island
Manila, Philippines
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

It was our first trip to bohol with my girlfriend as our anniversary celebration for 4 Nights.
Hotel was very near to airport. 5 - 10 mins from airport. It is a nice & clean hotel with comfy bed, very nice bathroom with bathtub, nice beach scenery, love to take picture during sunset.
I am commending their hotel staff because they are very accommodating & courteous. It was so lovely to walked around the hotel as they have a very relaxing ambiance. They have a very big pool and we love it. We stay here for only 2 Nights as we have to transfer to other hotel
in panglao as my girlfriend and i wants to try the beachfront hotels in bohol. Our first tour was country side tour and it was great cause the location of the hotel. Also we would like to thank (boholtravelbuddy) for the wonderful experience during our tour. They are very knowledgeable explain everything during our tour. Overall i will recommend this hotel to other travelers that will visit bohol.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

We visited Bohol on November 20 - 22. It was unfortunate and too late to know that Loboc Resort (where we originally booked) is closed and damaged caused by the recent earthquake. When we arrived via Cebu Pacific we asked the locals where we can find the best place to stay. They recommended this hotel and they were right. The staff are very accommodating, respectful and very willing to show the features of the hotel. The place is gated with at least 2 - 3 security personnel checking for the incoming guests. I really like it because it gives me peace of mind that me and my family is safe and secured. We chose their townhome (villa) style room with the ocean view. A bit cozy but it's worth the penny for a family of six. And we considered it as our little way of helping Bohol recover from it's recent calamity. My kids enjoyed their breakfast and they really like their choices. At night, if you are a music lover, the hotel have a band playing until midnight while you are eating or drinking, you can request for your favorite music. The hotel is close to the city and tricycles are available 24/7(if you are on a budget). Complimentary shuttle is also available to pick you up or bring you to the airport and pier. In general we enjoyed our stay in this hotel and we'll recommend it to our friends here in the US of A.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I was in Bohol for a medical relief mission and this was the place that we were headquartered. As is true for so many places that were damaged by the 7.2 magnitude earthquake in October 2013, I have no doubts that the renovation that the resort is undergoing will bring it back to its former state. You feel quite safe in this resort with security guards stationed throughout the facility during the night. The grounds are very nice with palm trees and well manicured lawn. The swimming pools are being repaired and the pictures on their website certainly display a picturesque surrounding. An attached convention and club were closed, but look nice. There is no beach and the view is of Tagbilaran Bay and the port where boats are leaving for Cebu. The room that I had was very clean, but quite ordinary. It had a small icebox which I appreciated and a good television set. The AC worked very well and the balcony looked out onto the water. It had a shower with plenty of hot water and a simple sink and toilet. The bed was comfortable. The staff was efficient, but not overly helpful and seemed disinterested. They were especially slow to get me to the airport even though it is less than 10 minutes away. I particularly liked the outdoor restaurant which overlooked the water and was romantically lighted at night. The staff at the restaurant were efficient and the food was quite good for the three breakfasts and two dinners that I ate with friends. If I were returning to Tagbilaran, I would certainly consider staying here, but might ask to see some of the other rooms that they have available. The rate for my room (under $70) seems appropriate. If I needed more beach activities, I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
SJDM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Bohol Tropics is a great place – should be the best if it wasn’t for the latest earthquake challenge in the town of Bohol. Although most of their facilities – swimming pools, club, karaoke bar (restaurant wasn’t even open on our first 2 days in Bohol due to lack of electricity) were not available at that time – I enjoyed the wide space and the calm and quiet atmosphere in Bohol Tropics. The location is very accessible to public transportation, near airport and is at the heart of Tagbilaran City. We stayed in --, our room is big and spacious – and has every comfort a nice room should have – A/C, refrigerator, tv (local channels only), a lot of cabinets, telephone, coffee maker, water heater (shower). The beds and pillows are nice – I wanted to sleep all day. The food in Café Atanacio is great – breakfasts are in huge servings, their pineapple (fresh fruits) is the sweetest pineapple I ever tasted!

The only down side of my stay was their delayed transportation service to and from Airport.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
coffs harbour
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have been staying at Bohol Tropics now for the last 15 Years and I love the Place ,the Staff are the Most Genuine I have come In contact In all my Travels ,and I will be back there next Year .
Unfortunately It will be closed for Repairs after the Earthquake. I was there at the Time and had to cut short Our Holiday,there Is Music and Singing every night In the Restaurant .This Is one Place where you will not be Ripped off ,and Is a short ride to Tagbilarin Shopping centre .
Also you will be Picked Up at Port or Airport and dropped of there for free. This Place Is so Popular and they have to keep Building more Rooms .

Room Tip: I find the Terrace rooms most Convenient and Quietest ,not too close to the Music . .
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mandaluyong, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Nice resort. Atmosphere is accommodating and relaxing. Rooms are well-furnished and ACs are in good condition. Never tried the pool during our stay there.

There's a resto bar within the resort vicinity. Service was not that fast (since the foods are freshly cooked upon order) but the food was great!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Cebu City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The resort was overall a nice place to stay in when in bohol. It was very near the city and to different tourist attractions there. I was with my wife and we had a great time vacationing there. I will recommend this resort to my friends and family. Will definitely go back there soon!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bohol Tropics Resort? Share your experiences!