“Baclayon Church after earthquake” 4 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #5 of 46 Attractions in Bohol Island
Type: Historic Sites, Cultural
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the oldest stone churches in the Philippines.
Makati, Philippines
“Baclayon Church after earthquake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Few years back we been there in Bohol for a tour with my friends and family. One of the places that I love is the century old Loboc and Baclayon Church, Loboc river cruise, tarsier and the Chocolate Hills. A day after the M7.2 Earthquake, I went back to Bohol, and this time, I was with Earthquake Quick Response team (EQRP), composed of volunteer civil engineers from Philippine Institute of Civil Engineers and Structural Engineers of the Philippines (PICE-ASEP). Together with DPWH and LGU engineers from Tagbilaran City we were tasked to do rapid / detailed assessment of damaged structures, to check the structural integrity of major structures. During our inspection, i have a chance to see and visit these major attractions again, but this time, it is already destroyed. Though,this attractions, were destroyed by the major earthquake, it is still worth to visit because history will not repeat again. It will not be the same century old church that you will see in the furture. Loboc river cruise is now back to its regular operation. Bohol is nice place to explore.

Visited October 2013

Paranaque, Philippines
21 attraction reviews
“Nice and Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We Been there last year October 2012 this place is one of a kind. I find it very amusing.
I really like this Church so do I love Bohol most specially the Loboc River cruise. I won't forget the Romantic day I had with my Husband.. The place is very promising and if ever given again a chance I would love to explore the other part of Bohol which is Danao Adventure.

Visited November 2012
Victoria
91 attraction reviews
“Nice church”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

There was a mass in progress when I went. Walls are very thick. Makes you appreciate how hard it would of been to build. Near the entrance to the museum, there is a whole lot of swallows flying in and out to their nests, which I enjoyed watching. Free entry except for museum.

Suzhou
25 attraction reviews
“Beautiful church”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Easy travel to this historical structure. Across the street you can have a bbq meal and enjoy the water views.

Visited October 2013
Cebu Island, Philippines
“Very Very historical”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Whiel we had been on business and in a rush we stopped at this place and this was a good decission. A bit run down and dont understand why renovation seems to have been stopped, but nevertheless a place you must see.

Visited September 2013