“Surprisingly good for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dao Diamond Bed and Breakfast

You added Dao Diamond Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Dao Diamond Bed and Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Clarin Street, Km. 3, Dao District | Tagbilaran City, Philippines   |
Ranked #13 of 80 Bohol Island B&B and Inns
Manila, Philippines
“Surprisingly good for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I ended up booking the Dao because everything on Panglou was already booked for Holy week. I was completely impressed with how nice it was, especially for the price. Add to that the profits go to support the deaf school, it employs the deaf in the area and it's a total "feel good" experience. The staff was absolutely wonderful, rooms totally clean and well done and the bed was so comfortable. They will arrange whatever you need, including transfer from (in our case) the ferry terminal 12 hours later than your scheduled arrival. The food is Filipino local food which isn't my preference, but was a fine meal. We were mostly interested in activities at the beaches, but transfer was arranged by them, very reliable and reasonably priced. You can save some money by staying here, and it's perfectly good accommodation.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

Excellent service and very friendly staff. I really enjoyed signing to the Deaf employees. Everyone was very helpful and accommodating. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

This place is AWESOME.. Stayed for 6 weeks during the summer, came back 2 years later for 4 months..a very relaxing place. It's clean, friendly, budget keeper and very accomodating! I traveled in 2003 and 2006

Room Tip: If you have a large group, ask about the dorm with bunk beds.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Manila
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

The hotel is clean and I want to comment that most of the staff (especially front desk peeps) were really accommodating. The hotel falls on the category of average and since its rates are economical, you would really get what you paid for. The food though needs further improvements. You'll get set menu for breakfast but the servings are too little and the food dont taste good.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Rohnert Park, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

This place has a website, but it does not do it justice. The pictures on their website makes the place not desirable. This place is a gorgeous hotel (but labeled as a bed and breakfast).

The staff her is mostly friendly, I had one incident where I asked if I left my phone at the counter, and was rudely told no in a way like it was not her fault (I was not blaming her just asking if it was left there). I also had an incident where our dinner was mixed up but quickly rectified and we got a discount on your bill.

The rooms are really clean and very gorgeous. One of the nicest places I have stayed in all of Philippines. The best Midranged place to stayed in a long time room wise.

A lot of staff is def which is rather nice that they employee.

There is a nice pool here. Free transport to and from ports, airport and bus station. It is fairly close to the Island Mall where you could pick up supplies or eat.

I recommend this place for people who want a nice place to stay and yet on a budget. Definitely worth the price.

Room Tip: The food servings are large. I recommend upgrading the the deluxe room for the fridge.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Massanutten
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

I have stayed at Dao Diamond several times. The staff and service are great. The rooms are clean and recently renovated. I highly recommend this place if you are looking for a good value for your money.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

I saw the good reviews about Dao Diamond in Tripadvisor and since we wanted to stay in Tagbilaran, I decided to book there. Their manager, Wea, was very helpful and friendly and didn’t get tired of the numerous questions and requests I made through email. We booked a fully air-conditioned family suite – two with TB (with the usual basic toiletries and hot water) and queen-sized bed while the other one has a single bed with pull-out. The rooms are small but the beds are very comfortable. The third room doesn’t have air-con but the air-con in the common area was so cold that there was no need to turn on the units in the other two bedrooms. Since it doesn’t have a living room, we had to converge at the dining area (where the TV is located) which made it quite cramped with six adults hovering around but it was okay since we only stayed there to sleep. The place also has a kitchenette with microwave oven and refrigerator. The hotel provides microwaveable containers and drinking water upon request. We had the room for a bargain price of P3,750 a night (The published rate, however, was raised to P4,500 a few days before summer officially started). My aunt and cousin had a standard room which is huge with a king-sized bed and TV, for only P1,400 a night. The rooms came with complimentary Filipino or American breakfast. There were a number of dishes to choose from and the serving was generous.

Dao Diamond has an ambiance of a small resort -- the grounds are big and it even has a nice garden at the back. There’s also a swimming pool which I think is also being rented out to the public although we were lucky no one was using it when we were there. The location isn’t very central but the hotel provides free shuttle service to and from the airport as well as the nearby Island Fiesta Mall.

While I like the hotel as a whole, dinner was a different story. We were supposed to try one of the downtown restaurants but since we were already very tired after going island hopping, we decided to just eat at the hotel. Not a very good idea since the dining area was under renovation and only had a few lights on so we could hardly see our meal. The food was also blah and there were lots of mosquitoes. But the staff were accommodating though most of them were deaf and mute.

There was just one sour note. I requested for a taxi for 5am the following day but they failed to inform me that taxis may not be available at that time. We almost got late for church, fortunately, we were able to hail a tricycle.

While Dao Diamond is nice, it’s not a very good place to relax. It was enough for our needs at that time and I would still recommend it to those who wanted to make Tagbilaran their base for visiting the interesting places in Bohol.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Been to Dao Diamond Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!