“clean and peaceful place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Niko's Cabanas & Restaurant

Save Saved
You added Niko's Cabanas & Restaurant to your Saves list
Niko's Cabanas & Restaurant
Rodriguez Road | Barangay San Jose, Puerto Princesa, Palawan Island 5300, Philippines   |
Ranked #12 of 35 hotels in Puerto Princesa
Manila
“clean and peaceful place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2008

we really enjoyed our recent stay at niko's. the place is very clean and quiet. the rooms are clean and the surrounding lawn and pathways are well-kept. the management makes every effort to make your stay enjoyable and the staff are super-helpful. it's a distance from the city center but that's fine if you want peace and quiet. besides, they can arrange to drive you to the city and back.

they have a small resto but maybe it needs a bit of improvement in terms of speed of service and taste. but if you're not too picky then it should be okay.

• Liked — very clean
  • Disliked — food needs some improvement
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2007

We booked their honeymoon package and we got what we asked for and even more! Although it is located outside the city, it was exactly what we were looking for. The rooms were clean and lovely, the food was excellent, the cabanas were beautiful, and most of all, the service was just perfect! Nothing but smiles all day and a really friendly staff.

The personal touch really made our stay truly hassle free. From the welcome lunch to the farewell dinner, our honeymoon was just perfect and truly memorable. Our thanks to Tricia, Bernadette, Rachel, Carlyn and Francis, who drives the guests into the city day or night, which is a service the hotel offers for free to it's in house guests.

Overall, we highly recommend Niko's to everyone who wants to experience the beauty of Puerto Princesa, and have a place to spend the night with the comfort of a 5 star hotel sans the high cost.

By the way, since Niko's is just 15 minutes away from Honda bay pier, the tour agencies pick you up last for the Honda Bay tour and you get dropped off first on the way home. Same goes for the Underground Cave tour and Dos Palmas day tour.. Just perfect!

• Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Oxford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2007

Hotel is a bit out of town but dont be put off. Lovely location, quiet and peaceful away from the bustle of PP. Owners very willing to book restaurants and run people into the centre then fairly easy to get a tricycle back. Good pool and a few shops nearby selling essentials.

• Liked — The village like setting
  • Disliked — Distance from city
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2007

We have just been back from our Puerto Princesa family holiday. And I can say that Niko's is just the perfect place to stay with all the kids with us. Imagine our group consisting of 17 pax! Niko's offered us a place to unwind after a long day's tour of the Honda Bay and Underground River tours. And it allowed the kids to continue their playing around the resort with its inviting swimming pool and serene surroundings. Our host even offered to drive us to the new public market for our pasalubong shopping! The staff was also helpful and even accompanied us to the old market to buy some seafoods that we requested the resort to cook for a minimal service fee. I'd say that I won't hesitate to book at Niko's again if I go back to Puerto Princesa.

• Liked — Very private and quiet place.
  • Disliked — Accessibility to public transport.
  • Stayed May 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2007

I arrived extremely tired from my 20+ hr flight/travel from the U.S. in Puerto Princesa airport and was greeted by a staff who then took me directly to Nikos. Upon my arrival there I was again greeted by other friendly staff who directed me to there restaurant/cantina for a welcome drink and to give me my room keys. I was told over the phone that I wouldn't have to worry about anything upon my arrival at the airport. Well, it was no lie! Everything was set up already. All I had to think about was what I would wear for the various tours. They where extremely helpful even then by suggesting that maybe the shoes I was wearing where not ideal for Underground River. They where right! My room was very spacious, clean and cool when I arrived. In fact of the three hotels I stayed in while in Puerto I consider this first class, without the expense.
All of the tours, meals, accomodations and the Kareoke on our last night was fantastic!!! And the dinner at Kaluis was so much fun. The banana desert is histerical.
I honestly can say I will be returning to Nikos.
Waking up to the roosters crowing was so much better than waking to the sounds of traffic. And best of all, no stairs or elevators to take, to get to the pool and/or cantina.
Just Loved it!!!

Stayed February 2007

Been to Niko's Cabanas & Restaurant? Share your experiences!