“Thank you and more power” 5 of 5 stars
Review of D' Lucky Garden Inn & Apartelles Palawan

Save Saved
You added D' Lucky Garden Inn & Apartelles Palawan to your Saves list
D' Lucky Garden Inn & Apartelles Palawan
2.5 of 5 Inn   |   Rizal Ave. Ext. P.E.O. Road | Barangay Canigaran; Bancao-Bancao, Puerto Princesa, Palawan Island 5300, Philippines   |
Ranked #74 of 132 Puerto Princesa B&B and Inns
Manila, Philippines
“Thank you and more power”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

I would like to thank the staff and the people at the D lucky garden inn for being very helpful to me, I stayed there for 1 week and i really appreciate their good service,

I choosed this hotel to stay after visiting several bed and breakfast and other budget class accomodation, I am looking for a Budget accomodation and this one fits my budget, This is a low cost accomodation, An airconditioned room with private bathroom really costs so low is like 13 euros, Theres even a Free WIFI.

I find them very accomodating and i enjoyed thier tours, I went to the underground river it was amazing. I also visited honda bay islands and the crocodile farm,
I just booked it to the counter and they arranged everything for us,
Being near the airport is also an advantage because we do not need to rush to catch our flights,
I plan to come back next year,

Again, Thank you

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
cubao q.c philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

please do not go there, the inn is very dirty, we have to buy insecticides for the crawling insects, our first night is a nightmare, so many mosquitoes, spiders, and cockroaches, the bathroom is as messy as the attitude of the lady owner, they have the main switch of the hot and cold shower, so everytime you want to take a bath with a warm water you have to tell them that the hot and cold shower is not functioning then thats it.. a magic!...a tragic place do not go there if you don't want your vacation as sad one...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

There were 3 of us who stayed in an airconditioned room for 4 days and 3 nights. It was a part of our trip to Palawan that we would rather forget. They charged $50 for Wifi access with my laptop but they refused to give me the password. The lady in the front desk insisted that she should be the one to type it for me. Our room is very close to the front desk/reception area but I only managed to get 1-2 signal bars. Needless to say, I frequently lose my internet signal and since I don't have the password, I have to bring/carry my laptop with me to the front desk everytime I have a connection problem so that their staff can type in the password for me.

The hotel staff does not provide shampoo and only provided 1 very small soap bar for all 3 of us during our entire stay. The shower area does not have a shower curtain so that everytime you shower, all the water will spill into the lavatory/sink side. This makes the floor very wet, slippery and dangerous to walk in. On one of their flyers, they advertised that they have "excellent" housekeeping but I wonder why the toilet bowl has a dark stain at the bottom and the washroom/shower room has a dirty, moldy smell.

When you leave the room, the staff immediately goes inside your room to turn the airconditioning off without your permission. Obviously these people don't respect the privacy of their guests. On our first night, we forgot to hang the tag "Please clean" outside our door as per their required procedure. However, it looks so stupid that they come inside your room during your absence without your permission to turn off the aircon and yet they don't bother to just clean up/tidy the room.

Our package tour came with breakfast. Unfortunately, the cooking staff of D' Lucky Garden Inn must have cooked our breakfast the night before or very early in the morning coz breakfast was already cold and they don't even bother to reheat it in the microwave (maybe they don't have any). Their restaurant has lots of houseflies that accompany you when you eat. Their cook is horrible. We ordered a vegetable dish for dinner and it was very salty (no exaggeration) that we managed to eat only half of it---regardless of the fact that they have a very small serving for the high price that they are charging. I informed one of their attendants about the very salty taste of the dish but instead of apologizing or offering to replace the dish, she just smiled and then left.

On our last night, there was a 2-hour blackout. Contrary to their advertisement online, they DO NOT HAVE A BACK UP GENERATOR. I pointed this out to at least 2 of their staff but instead of turning on the generator, apologizing or offering any way to make us, their guests comfortable, they just told me that their generator is solely for the use of their restaurant and that it's not big enough to provide power to all the rooms. One of the ladies told me that I don't have to worry coz there is a solar-powered incandescent bulb in our room (as if the light is my concern when the temperature is 36 degrees Celcius plus the humidity). Ironically, when we had our dinner in their restaurant, they didn't bother to turn on their back-up generator to get the electric fan working but instead relied on their solar-powered lights.

I will never recommend D' Lucky Garden Inn even to my mortal enemy. If you have this burning desire to ruin your vacation in Palawan and stay in a horrible inn despite paying a good amount of money, then D' Lucky Garden Inn is the place to be. Otherwise, I recommend that you don't even touch it with a 20-foot pole!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
cebu
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

Someone commented about the owner being mataray, I feel the same way. You see, we booked a local tour with them but when we found out there was a promo of the same tour, and the main office said we can avail the promo provided we present our boarding pass. I then asked for a refund from the inn, but it took some arguing and reasoning before they gave us the refund. Whats worst is, the owner who I paid the local tours to wouldn't even talk with me and snobbed me all thoughout our stay there. Frist impression really lasts. If only we didn't pay our 3 nigfhs stay on the first day, I would have moved to another hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Antipolo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2010

We arrived at the airport at about ten in morning and the people from the inn fetched us promptly. We then arrived at the cozy hotel lobby and we were welcomed by the very friendly staff and owner. After filling out some forms, we went to our room and we settled down. The blankets and towels were very thin, just like the pillows inside the very simple room. The room was quite hot though even if the aircon was on. So, after checking the room, we just watched TV because we had to wait for our city tour, which starts at 1 PM, as we were watching, we noticed that there was a snake, about 3 feet long and about as thick as a hose enveloped between the glass windows and the screen. We just stayed calm because we knew it will not do us any harm, we ran down the corridor to the concierge (because they don't have any phone in the room, we reported the incident and they responded promptly. After that we ate our lunch at Balinsasayaw Restaurant and then we went back to the inn and we continued with our city tour. upon arriving, the room was not yet that cold so we decide to turn on the aircon to cool the room during before our dinner in Kah Lui. We then arrived, after a hearty meal, we had a dificult time sleeping with the given pillows so we asked for extra pillows, but without knowing that it had an extra charge. Before sleeping we bathed at our own restroom and the water pressure, though heated, was very very weak. Then I had to use my own towel because their towel was too small, which in a way is in between a regular towel and a face towel. The next day before going to the underground river tour, we asked if they had a safety deposit box, they answered very politely that we could just lock our room. After that we had our breakfast, I asked for a Milo and it was very bland, much more of hot water for me, and they just told me its bland because you are the ones who will adjust the sweetness, which shows that the people there are not that trained (never you shall put sugar on a 3 in 1 chocolate drink) and also they had limited choices for the free breakfast. We did the same thing afterwards, we took a bath, watched TV and sleep, same as the next day after the Island hopping in Honda Bay. After the Honda Bay Tour, we decided to use their internet, which was OK, again with an extra charge, even though their computer had a virus. We had a free day after the 3 days of consecutive tours, the check out time was 11 AM so we just put our bags at their storage. After eating lunch we then went back to the airport with their staff and owner wishing us a safe trip. We would really not forget the hospitality the staff had offered us, as we will try to forget the rooms and it amenities itself.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
manila
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2009

i booked this thru a travel agent, price is very reasonable, i enjoyed my 4days/3nights stay with my husband.....food is not that great, however, there is ka lui, and , balinsasayaw and Bistro Ditchay...of course, i wast not expecting too much from the amount i shelled out from this trip, however, i got more during the underground and honda bay trippp...

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
manila
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2009

base of my experienced..... i've check in at d lucky garden inn i thought it will be a good service because i've read all the comments here... but it was very really really bad service.. they were not friendly, the food was not really good... i swear... the owner also mataray.... hahaha we've just enjoy our tour....

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Been to D' Lucky Garden Inn & Apartelles Palawan? Share your experiences!