“Amazing snorkeling” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dos Palmas Island Resort & Spa

You added Dos Palmas Island Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Dos Palmas Island Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Arreceffi Island Resort Honda Bay, Puerto Princesa, Palawan Island 5300, Philippines   |
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Puerto Princesa
Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing snorkeling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

The room I stayed at was amazing. It had a terrace which led directly to the beach/mangrove with amazing views. They had fire dancers at dinner and live music for entertainment.
We also had room faeries - every time we left out room they cleaned it! We came to a clean room every single time!
the best part about Dos Palmas would have to be the snorkeling. Carlos our guide on the first day showed us all the amazing snorkeling sites - from the amazing coral reefs to the WWII plane crash. It was so surreal and gorgeous.
I'd for sure come back! Especially for the amazing snorkeling.

Room Tip: Snorkeling is a must!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Bergen, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Pay a visit to this resort if you like the following:
Serenity
Relaxation
Friendly and trustworthy staff
Spa you wont forget
Breakaway from: media, internet, & television, and other noise pollutants like; freaking roosters, barking dogs, and annoying vendors
Beaches
Sharks
Rays
Sea turtles
Giant clams
Perfect nature motives for photography
Seeing countless fish species jumping/feeding all around the shore of the island 24/7
Nice price food and drinks
Security

In other word, this is a place for people who appreciate some peace of mind and nature lovers.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the boundary of mangroove forest and the beach, to get a perfect sunset on your...
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

You want to disconnect from your life? This is the place to do it. You are on an island, literally on a island in the middle of nowhere. That is how you feel. Internet is only available in the lobby area and there is no TV or Radio. The pools are superb, the beaches are amazing and you really disconnect.

You have to experience a message. I got 6 treatments, 2 each day and the total cost for all 6 was $150 US $. One 2 hour message, 1 hour facial, 1 hour foot message, and 2, 1 hour messages. Amazing.

I will tell you that, this is island living! Not a lot of hot water, just enough to get you clean. But this is a place that you live in your suit and just relax. No frills or extra's. The service is excellent, but don't expect luxury. Expect....pure relaxation.

Take the guided Kayak tour, go to the island that is owned by the resort and snorkel. It's all worth it. But 3 days is enough. Being from CA I was ready to get off the island and get a long hot shower.

Enjoy.

Room Tip: The buildings are A-Z. A buildings are closer to the pool and amenities. They do have bikes to ride...
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My family stayed from Oct.30,2013-Nov. 02,2013. The place itself is so relaxing and laid back since the rooms don't have TV and WIFI but are large and clean.,The pool area is lovely. Security is very good, they set up a police head quarters and you can see police personnel in the resort.Every day my kids went snorkeling and enjoyed it very much. WIFI are only available at front desk and TV from the bar. What I really like is the friendliness of the staffs and their service. Every dinnertime a staff approach our table to inform us of the possible itinerary/ activities for the next day. There's a time when we accidentally left my daughter's new Speedo googles by the pool and lo during breakfast when I tried to look for it in the pool area, it was there still sitting where we exactly left it. I also misplaced my beach hat, and was returned to me because the bar tender got hold of it and safe keep it (I remember now that I placed it on top of the bar table) and most of all my deepest gratitude to the housekeeping and people from the front desk because on our last day, I was done checking out an hour early, catch the 1:10pm boat ride back to the city for our airport transfer and suddenly in the middle of the boat ride I remembered that I left my son's vision therapy contact lenses beside the sink of our bathroom. Panicking (they cost a lot) I tried to contact the resort through my pldt line but can't get through so I ask the boat engineer if he can radio the resort, the boat captain radioed the resort and my concern was immediately brought to the housekeeping and I was told to wait for the feedback. I was praying that the housekeeping got hold of it instead of throwing them. After around 30 mins, I was told by the boat captain that they found it and it's with the front desk and ask me to call them for further instructions. They sent it through the 4:15pm boat and hope that I can meet the driver at the airport before my 6:35pm flight. Surprisingly they did with only a minute before the airplane door closes the driver arrived at the airport. (FYI since I arrived in the city the front desk called me up many times to update me about the location of the lenses from boat to the driver )Thank God. I can't thank them enough, the people from the housekeeping, front desk, boat captain and especially the driver. Service extended to the max even when checked-out. I just hope they will add more selections to their menu (since we're in an island we got no choice but to eat at their restaurant each meal of our stay). Otherwise everything was superb.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Dos palmas is a great resort for people who just needs to step back and relax. This is not the place for people looking to be indulged, pampered, and requires 5-star service. The rooms are big and simple. One queen bed and one full bed in each room. No TV, no coffee maker (They do offer free coffee/tea from approx 630am till 10pm). . There is a vanity table, a safe, and a refrigerator. The bathroom has a stand-up shower, no tub. They provide amenities, including toothbrushes & toothpaste (free dental kits are so uncommon these days)! What i hated the most about the room is that the shower/faucet water is so salty. You feel sticky while you're showering and even stickier once dried off. Can't comment about the quality of the toiletries as I brought my own.

The pool is clean and big. There is a jacuzzi good enough to fit 8 people (water's not hot though). the breakfast buffet is good and they change the menu daily. There is only one restaurant in the resort, so if you were staying over 3 days, you may eventually get tired of the food. There's no fitness center in the resort.

We did the island hopping which was priced I think at P750/person. Not sure if we got that price because we were a group of 8. We started the 4hour island hopping at 11am, i regret not starting earlier! Island hopping is definitely a must activity!

Room Tip: All rooms are beach front, although the beach front isn't great. The sand and beach itself has t...
Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We spent a few hours here during an island hopping adventure in Mar we had a fabulous BBQ on the beach with the beautiful view. The dep water snorkeling from their platform was good as well. I would definitely consider staying here in the future. I do agree with the reviews that the landscape was a bit worn looking but they seemed to be doing work to improve the property

Stayed March 2013
Mandaluyong, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Still beautiful and visit is better this time. Visited the resort with my husband, baby and parents in law. We availed of the local discount and enjoyed a one night stay.

What I really like is the staff is very attentive of our needs. They accommodated our request to sterilize the feeding bottle of our baby. Then the following morning during our breakfast, our baby is irritable and even before we requested for a fan, they have already turned it on. They also have prepared a high chair before we even arrived on in the restaurant.

The room we have is spacious for 4 persons. We don't have enough time to explore the rest of the resort but enjoyed the pool and the hot tub. We will definitely come back.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Dos Palmas Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!