“Nice, clean, new and convenient, but not a resort.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cecilia's Inn

You added Cecilia's Inn to your Saves list
Cecilia's Inn
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   PEO Rd., Bancao-Bancao, Puerto Princesa, Palawan Island 5300, Philippines   |
Ranked #85 of 146 Puerto Princesa B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Nice, clean, new and convenient, but not a resort.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed here for a few days after escaping from the D'lucky Garden cockroach heaven next door with no reservations. It is a brand new place, very clean and convienent to the airport. It's a nice place to stay if you are in transit, maybe just arrived and leaving the next day to El Nido. Nothing really there except the hotel.

The rooms were really small; I couldn't even put our bags in the room, as there really wasn't any room to put them; the bed is right up against the wall with barely any room to walk. I managed to put our bags on top of the closet. But, I understand. The owners are a Filipino couple that have been working to save and open the place, so it is not luxury. No space wasted.

One issue I had was the TV at the front desk. The owners put a large flat-screen TV on the wall in the lobby for the workers to watch TV, but it echoes up and down the hallway. I think they turned it on at 8am, and I could hear everything; the acoustics are horrible. They'll probably get rid of it sooner or later, I'm sure people will complain.

We didn't eat there, but they were nice people, nice workers. I mad emy own coffee every morning, and they were more than happy to bring me hot water. Nice beds, new AC's on the wall. TV reception a little shoddy, but I wasn't there to watch tv. In my room, the TV was at the end of the bed. In the other room for the kids, the tv was mounted to the wall away from the bed, so anyone lying in bed was unable to watch TV due to the weird placement of it. There was a window at the foot of the bed, instead. You know how, you can only see some TV's when you are directly in front of them? And when you stand to the side, the image disappears? This is how it was in the kids room, so they were always in my room to watch TV.

I also commented to the front desk about the gap in the wall where the AC was placed. The AC fit nicely, but no one filled the gap! It was about a 1-inch gap where bugs, mosquitos or even a lizard could get in, it if wanted to. Also, the cool air was escaping. I told them about it, they looked and agreed, but in the three days we stayed, no one ever came to stuff anything in the gap. Like I said, it was brand new, and there were a few things needed touching-up.

The shower in the bathroom was cold water, even though they had a small water heater on the wall. I tried using it but had to call the front desk. Evidently, all the circuit breakers for the water heaters had been switched off, maybe to discourage use? Filipinos don't use them much, I guess. But I couldn't stand the cold water shower. After awhile we got the heater to work.

I liked the place, but only because I was on business and not really looking for a luxury resort. If I was there again on business I might stay again, but not for a relaxing vacation. But I'm still giving it 4-stars.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Business
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

the beds are very comfy...
good breakfast...
3mins away from the airport...
great chairs...

overall... i love this place!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Batangas City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

The place should be called a bed and breakfast! I love the bed and great breakfasts!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Quezon City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

We were trying to book a last minute trip to Palawan. All are requesting a downpayment before they reserve us but we were leaving the next day already. Somebody refered us to Cecilias Inn and they accommodated us. The people there were all friendly and the rooms, though small are very elegant! We enjoyed our stay :)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Cecilia's Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Cecilia's Inn

Address: PEO Rd., Bancao-Bancao, Puerto Princesa, Palawan Island 5300, Philippines
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Airport Transportation
Ranked #85 of 146 B&Bs / Inns in Puerto Princesa
Hotel Class:3 star — Cecilia's Inn 3*
Cecilia's Comfort Inn is an intimate small luxury property with a contemporary Victorian architectural style.Cecilia's Comfort Inn is a new family-owned and run inn located in a quiet area known to the locals as Bancao-Bancao. Top local restaurants and the airport are just a minute away. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Cecilia's Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Cecilia's Inn Palawan Island/Puerto Princesa

If you own or manage Cecilia's Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.