“Good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe Sabang Rooms & Cottages

Cafe Sabang Rooms & Cottages
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puerto Princesa
Cafe Sabang Rooms & Cottages
Highway Sitio Sabang | Barangay Cabayugan, Puerto Princesa, Palawan Island 5300, Philippines   |
Essex
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

I am always looking for budget accommodation on my travels and was very lucky to find Cafe Sabang.
I arrived quite late in Sabang as this was a very long travelling day for me. I got the bus 7 hours from El Nido to Puerto Princesa bus station.
I could have got of at the road for Sabang and may be saved 1½-2 hours of travel time but did not know how easy it would be to get the Jeepney to Sabang, even having done it I would still go to Puerto Princesa bus station as the Jeepney was full to over flowing even at the start of the journey and at least at Puerto Princesa you can always find a room for the night.
The Jeepney took about 2½ hours and was hard work as they seemed to drop of petrol and supplies to most houses on route, but this is what travelling is all about.
I thought great the trip back would be quicker no supply drops, but how wrong they pick up the empty petrol cans and money for there return trip.
There is not much in Sabang other than the subterranean river and beach, but I enjoyed 3 days there relaxing reading etc.
There is not a lot of budget accommodation in Sabang.
I walked the length of the beach when getting dark and the rooms were either full or expensive. I came across a gentleman walking out of a resort, I think he my have worked in the resort. I do not think he was a room tout but not sure, but any way he was very helpful going to the budget accommodation asking about rooms for me, but most were full.
He said he knew of Cafe Sabang only about 200/300 meters back from the pier on the only road into Sabang, they have a few cheap rooms with outside shared facilities or 2 cottages with cold showers like most of the budget accommodation in the Philippines, I was in luck 1 cottage for rent, for the price of about Php-500 per night.
I could do a good deal as I wanted 3 nights plus it was late by now.
I felt the whole place had a very nice feel to it, they served beer and a few light snacks, but were in the process of opening up a restaurant which may now be open.
I think the lady in charge who is very nice like all the family are, is a chef, and as there are not many places to eat this will be great. They have all day complementary tea and coffee a nice touch.
I can not really think of much else to say, I found it very good value for money.
A tip when going to the subterranean river get to the pier early and get your ticket Php-200 you also need a banka boat from the pier about Php-1000+ so if like me you are on your own try and find others to share the cost.
Early morning there are a flood of mini vans on day trips from all over so try and beat the rush, but when they all leave Sabang it is nice and quiet again.
If you read my review of Dallas Inn Puerto Princesa you will see they are friends and both offer good value accommodation.

Room Tip: Look before you book I liked it.