“My Home In Puerto Princesa :)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marianne Home Inn

You added Marianne Home Inn to your Saves list
Marianne Home Inn
3.5 of 5 Guest house   |   Quezon Street Extension, Puerto Princesa, Palawan Island, Philippines   |
Ranked #43 of 163 Puerto Princesa B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Manila, Philippines
“My Home In Puerto Princesa :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We were booked here thru Maple Travel and Tours for 4 days and 3 nights. The tour agency offers other accommodation options, but after careful review of the different lodges, with the help of TripAdvisor and travel blogs, I decided that Marianne Home Inn would be the best choice.

It is located along a residential street, walking distance to the local market, main road, a famous fastfood joint, and a couple of blocks away from the baywalk, where you can jog early in the morning or at night.

Marianne is a small hotel, with basic rooms: hot and cold shower, comfortable bed, clean toilet, LCD TV with cable channels, a closet to organize your things... nothing fancy, just enough to make you feel at home.

Service is great, with the staff always smiling and ready to answer any questions you may have, or willingly assist you with your needs. From the front desk personnel, the guard, kitchen helpers and servers, I would like to thank them for their hospitality.

Plated breakfast is included when you stay at Marianne Home Inn, it is satisfying and you can have it in their air-conditioned dining area, or at the covered rooftop overlooking great scenery of the bay and surrounding mountains.

It is also more convenient to stay here when you book thru Maple Tours. Since Maple tour vans are parked just beside the building, you can expect that you are always picked-up on time for the day's itinerary. It is also easily accessible to the airport, Robinson's Mall, Tiangge Tiangge (main market for food and non-food pasalubong), and famous local restaurants like Ka Lui, Kinabuch's, Chicken Inato, Badjao Seafood, etc.

Added bonus for staying at Marianne includes: free Wi-fi access 24/7, hot/cold mineral water dispensers located on every floor, and the rooftop where you can just chill and hang out while enjoying the breathtaking views.

I would highly recommend this place for those who would like to have a worry-free and affordable stay in Puerto Princesa.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Since this was still relatively new at the time my family and I were here, the place was noticeably clean. The location is also very convenient since it's near the wet market and grocery. The room we had was quite small though for 4 people. We could barely move around and have a place for our luggages. Even the lounge and dining area had limited space so it was not very comfortable when we had to wait for our travel agent at the lobby. But of course, for the price I've paid, I think Marianne Home Inn was already quite decent enough. So for those who are on a limited budget, I'd say this place is one of the good value options.

• Stayed October 2012
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed here with a friend for a packaged tour. Since the hotel is quite new, the rooms are clean and the air-conditioning and showers work fine.

This place is memorable for me since it was at their roof-top that I was able to take gorgeous photos of the sunset and the bay.

If you want their local version of Danggit, better order it in advance so that they can prepare it for you.

Room Tip: Stay at the upper floors. There are rooms on the ground floor next to their kitchen/dining area. I c...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Quezon City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Safe and simple inn that you can stay.

Location. Its walking distance to the park... the market... And food stalls. Tricyles were visible for us to roam around the city and taste food from different restos.

Room. We were on the spacious third floor, front side, but we weren't bothered by any noise. It has simple design. Its always clean. Aircon wasn't noisy. Im just missing a balcony. But hey, best thing is we can sleep fitfully.

Food. Typical Pinoy food. My kids love the hot chocolate every morning. Good thing they have fresh fruits for dessert. Even if they have a small dining area, adjacent to the lobby, we never waited for a seat.

Staffs and owner. They were warm and address all my concern. Owner was also approachable and always check us. Though they don't have safe deposits in the room, they accomodated my valuables in the reception.

Its not old or luxurious. Overall, I recommend Marianne Inn.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Canmore, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I saw this hotel thru the internet, I did research to all hotels in Puerto Prinsesa so I know initially what to expect. This is best deal offer I found in terms of what we need for 4 days and 3 nights. Their service is rated 4 stars from the time I had agreed with accommodation and scheduled tour for Underground river. The staff starting from the driver, receptionist, kichen crew, maintenance,travel agent and tourist guide are very hospitable and attentive to our needs. Unfortunately, when we came to Puerto Prinsesa, Typhoon Auring came on the day that we arrived at Puerto Prinsesa, we are supposed to go to Honda Bay but cancelled instead we went on city tour. The next day was our trip to Puerto Prinsesa but was cancelled due to current typhoon so we went the next day for rebooking. It was expected that were so many people lining up including people who have reserved on that day and people rebooked the tour due to cancelled trip for the past 2 days which included us. We did not mind the long wait as long as we will be able to accommodate that day. Thanks to our tourist guide who made it possible... Truly an excellent service. I don't need to mention the name but he will know because we are a group of 14 people, we had almost occupied the 4th floor. The hotel' s challenges are the maintenance of the facility expecially during heavy rains (windows are leaking) , hot and cold shower should be user friendly, garbage bin segration, there's only one garbage bin which is found at the washroom. Tourist around the world are going to underground river, and they compare the facility , and you want to leave that good impression. Nevertheless, we enjoy the trip, I'm surprised people in the puerto prinsesa are very honest and courteous, the city is clean and safe, I don't hear any negative feedback. People here love the Mayor and I ask why so at least I got the opportunity to know the history of town and people. The hotel is very convenient to the city proper, wet market, groceries,church,baywalk,chowking,jollibee,other restaurant, tricycle ride is just infront of the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

A quaint establishment conveniently located near the Unitop mall/grocery and the wet market. Don't expect anything too glitzy as the inn embodies simplicity with clean air conditioned rooms just big enough to fit the bed and an equally clean but simple bathroom which has hot/cold water configurations. The service is good and the staff members are easy to work with. It's basically an "Ask and we deliver" sort of deal so don't expect staff members to go out of their way to please you but they do their best (They sent people to the grocery store just to get the empty cardboard box that I requested for). You can order food from their kitchen at an affordable price but be prepared to wait a good 30-45 minutes because ingredients are bought on a per demand basis. They do not deliver the food to your room, you are instead asked to eat at their dining area. Another thing to take note of is that their kitchen is only open from 6:00AM - 7:00PM so you're out of luck if you plan on ordering something as a midnight snack. Other than this, it is definitely a place that you'd want to end your day in after your adventures within or outside the "City in a forest".

Room Tip: Most well-known restaurants in Puerto Princesa require reservations especially if you plan to dine t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
U.S.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I emailed Marianne Inn a couple of days before we arrived with my flight info and they didn't show up. I ended up paying P50 for a trike to the hotel. Marianne Inn forgot to pick us up. I wrote down their smart cell number in case this would happen from their website and they said they changed their smart phone number. The room was very small. The kitchen is next to the hotel room on the 1st floor so be prepared to be waken up @ 6a.m. sharp. Breakfast was a joke with 4 pieces of bread, 1/2 boiled egg, and coffee. Skip the breakfast and go to Jollibee. Bed is very hard. The wifi was good and so was the location but that is it. I wouldn't recommend staying here. We will be back in Palawan in a couple months but we won't be staying @ this hotel.

Room Tip: Hire a trike driver for P600 for a city tour. We enjoyed the crocodile farm and the WWII museum.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Marianne Home Inn? Share your experiences!