“late accomodation” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Centro

You added Hotel Centro to your Saves list
Hotel Centro
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   San Pedro National Highway, Puerto Princesa, Palawan Island 5300, Philippines   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in Puerto Princesa
Cabanatuan City, Philippines
“late accomodation”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

we were treated with a prepared lunch as part of the package of our company incentive,after our lunch we are like expectant father waiting for our key for the rooms at 2pm we start asking our rooms but they said it is being cleaned ,others they get their a lot of us almost loose our temper that some of us got our room at past 5pm...we are in a hurry to dress up for our awarding affair which would start 6pm. On the next day they make an apology letter saying that due to our late check in is the cause of the delay. I ve just laugh at that defensive reasoning, Our company have booked that affair for quite a long time , I pity that manager ..We have been in so many places and this is the first time that we have encountered that situation

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HotelCentroPPC, Marketing Communications Officer at Hotel Centro, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Hello!

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you. We encountered problems on our rooms controlling and admittedly, it was our mistake. We hope we can make it up to you when you get back to Palawan.

Thank you for taking the time to write about us, our guest's satisfaction is our number one priority.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Korean first
san francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The service here is impeccable. After a harrowing 5 hour van ride from El Nido, we were greeted with a welcoming and accomodating staff and refreshing beverages. The room was a bit smaller than I had expected but nonetheless, it was clean and cozy. Though my b/f and I had requested one bed when we booked online, we were given two beds at check in but staff immediately switched us to a room with a shared bed. The breakfast was great and they offer shuttle service to the airport as well. The hotel is about a 10 min. tricycle ride to the Captial and Rizal Street which was a bit far but the hotel and the service made up for that.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for toilet tissue in the room.I'm not sure if this is the standard for all the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello! Thank you for choosing Hotel Centro your home stay in Puerto Princesa. El Nido is really a 5-hour drive from the city but very worthy the trip. We are glad you stayed one more night and rested in our hotel.

We appreciate that you took time to write about us, as our guest's satisfaction is our top priority.
We hope to see you again soon at Hotel Centro.
Tagaytay, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

If you plan to visit Palawan, your questions, confusion, and concern about where to stay has been solved!!! Hotel Centro was all we would have expected...comfortable sleeping, well stocked breakfast buffet, reliable, available transportation. Outstanding concierge!!! I know Hotel Centro can not control the weather, but if they could; I'm sure the heat and humidity would have been milder.

Room Tip: All rooms are very well situated.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Charles and Ms. May!

Congratulations on your 16th Wedding Anniversary! Thank you for celebrating your anniversary at our Hotel Centro. We deeply appreciate you taking the time and commending our Hotel as one of the best. Travel Concierge is our way to assist all our guests needs aside from accommodations.

We hope we see you again in Hotel Centro!
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Hotel picked up from airport. It took 10 to reach the hotel. Cold tea was offered while checking in. Room is adequate. AC works well. A 2000PS deposit required for incidental charges (refundable at checkout). Wifi works ok in the lobby, very weak signal in room and works sporadically. No signal by the pool.

Breakfast was included. Juices, toasts, breads, cereals, milk, cut fruits, scrambled eggs, ham. There are different varieties of local flavors each day like porridge, rice, sausages, tocino, dried fish, beefsteaks, fired battered eggplants, etc. It's more than enough for me!

Outdoor dinning in the garden around the pool is offered in the evening with grilled-to-ordered seafood, meats and some veggies.

The pool and jacuzzi is very nice and water temperature is warm. There is a pool side bar that offers shakes, juices as well as alcoholic drinks - at hotel's prices of course!

Tours can be arranged at the hotel. Or you can arrange ahead of time with your own tour operator and be picked up at the hotel. Islands tours usually have to be arranged ahead of time. Call the hotel, or your tour operator prior to arriving is best.

Overall, it's a clean hotel, adequate room with pleasant and polite staff. After a day long touring, soaking in the pool/jacuzzi is really nice. Recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Hello!

Thank you for choosing Hotel Centro as your home stay in Puerto Princesa City. We appreciate you taking the time to write about us as our guest's satisfaction is our top priority.

We wanted to make sure we offer the best in hotel accommodations as well as our service. We have our very own travel concierge to help you out with your tours and assisting you with your needs in the city. Our swimming pool absorbs the heat at daytime that's why it is still warm at night, one of the best features Hotel Centro can offer.

We are looking forward in seeing you again in Hotel Centro!
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I live in Palawan so my wife and I were able to take advantage of the special mother days deal meaning that we paid roughly half the usual rate of just 2500 php per night which included breakfast and a 500 php voucher towards the evening meal. We booked just for the one night but ended up staying an additional night. The staff were excellent, helpful and very polite. The pool (I love having a swim) was very clean and well maintained. The room was arguably a little basic with a noisy ac unit but very clean and nice hot shower. We ate both nights at the hotel and loved the barbecued food which was served outside close to the pool. If I had to be picky...then the first morning the breakfast seemed very limited BUT the second morning it was great. Had I paid the full rate of 5000-6000 php it would be a 4 star rating but based on the fact my wife and I paid half of this price it gets my 5 stars. i did not use the gym but would say if you wanted a gym...you would be a bit disappointed with his one as so small with very little equipment. Very nice indeed!

Room Tip: Get a room with a pool view
Dear Sir Martyn,

Thank you for celebrating Mother's Day with your wife in Puerto Princesa. In every occasion, our hotel make sure we offer the best to celebrate it with. Thank you for extending one more night with us. Grill night is available daily at Hotel Centro, we also offer various dishes for grilling in a resort-feel like environment.

We appreciate your recommendation on our gym, more equipment is on the way. Thank you for rating us a 4-star hotel, our guest's needs is our top priority.

We hope to see you dine and enjoy our facilities soon.
Baguio, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

The first thing i observed when i disembarked from the Hotel Centro van that fetched us from the airport is their friendly staff who greeted us with a smile. Check-in is so easy our details were already printed and i just need to sign it. The hotel lobby was not as huge as other hotels i've seen but it works. I appreciate the flower decorations and the citronella plants that liven up the place. As for the room it is really spacious, for that price i can surely say it is worth it. Further you do not need to go out to feel that you are in a resort since the hotel have their own pool where you can swim and relax. Speaking of relaxing they have a spa where you can have a massage and relax. Overall this hotel is really top notch in terms of accommodation, rooms, amenities and especially the staff. Oh by the way they serve buffet breakfast and if you are lucky you might try the local delicacies as they also serve that such as the lamayo.

Room Tip: Tips: 1. Try their pool at night this is a good way to relax after a long day in the sun. 2. Befo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hi Vince,

Thank you for taking the time to write about us. We are very pleased that you choose Hotel Centro as your home stay in Puerto Princesa. Thank you for appreciating our hotel and its scent. We want to make sure we have an impression to all our guests, that's why we had a perfume company specially made a scent exclusively for our Hotel.

We look forward in seeing you again in Hotel Centro!
Quezon City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Like Best:

Three months before our stay at the Hotel Cenro, I've been coordinating with Ms. Gale Rosita Camacho for our Hotel booking and tours for a 3 day stay in Puerto Princesa, Palawan. We were arranged for a Honda Bay (ist day), Underground River Tour (2nd day) and City tour on our 3rd day. Everything were organized and prepared,Thanks for the good job performance Ms. Gale. The airport transfer were always ready and on time. The van was so clean and shiny. Cleanliness was really observed inside.However, I had a less appreciation of the surroundings upon reaching the hotel because I realized my nephew forgot the battery of my camera back home in Manila.

When we reached the Hotel, we were welcomed with a refreshing drink and a welcome smile by the handsome Travel Concierge, Mr. Jayson Tabangay. We were at the same time introduced to our tour guide for Honda Bay and UGR tour, Ms. Joey.

During our tete- a -tete, I ended up apologizing and telling them why I cried and having a swollen eyes and a sad face. I told them that my nephew left the battery of my camera which I believe a very important tool in our travel. The camera was with us with the memory card but without the battery!!!! They well appreciated my gesture of telling them my sad story and immediately offered their 'office' camera (Canon, which is almost the same as mine) for our use in our three day tour!!! Wow! what a relief on my part. Thank you Mr. Jayson and the girl in the information and the guy who supported me all the way and Ms. Joey to bring the camera with us. I just can't imagine having these island hopping and underground river tour without the good memories to remember. I just love Mr. Jayson's offer and gesture. Maraming salamat sir!

We loved the wide and clean swimming pool. The water was warm just enough to relax and massage our tired body after the long honda bay tour.

The six of us had one family suite and the upgraded superior double delux rooms. Nice beds and comfort rooms. Once we would suggest for a "Make up room", immediately upon our return, voila!!...malinis na kaagad with new beddings and towels. This is what I want in this hotel, you will feel secure and really feel at home because of the ambiance and nakakawala ng pagod!

Hotel Centro is a recommended stay for the tourist because of its accessibility to and from the airport.City tour was just an hour away from one place to the other.

Least:
Well, the aircon was not in full function inside our room.( 401)

Sunday - I was about to settle my account at the reception area, Ms. Nova presented me a billing statement with a bill amounting to the amount I paid in cash the minute I step out of the van from the airport. I told her, I don't want hassles when it comes to my payables, so I immediately settled our rooms and tours account on our first day. I told her as well to check it again and next time prepare and present the right voucher to the clients.

I just thought that there was no proper endorsement to the next person in duty. So, when Ms. Nova printed the new voucher, she discovered that I have already paid and settled our stay and the tours for three days. Saying sorry was acceptable anyway.

The buffet breakfast was simple but delicious. We loved the garlic fried rice and the not so salty dried fish. My sister and I enjoyed a lot the sweet papaya and the watermelon. Fruits were so refreshing.

Not a big deal anyway! We knew from our tour guide that taxicle rates at 40 pesos but drivers would plague us down for 50 pesos in a one way ride! but it's okey. Drivers are so friendly and careful in driving specially at night!

Ms. Joey, our tour guide for 2 days was very good and friendly. She is such a pro and she knows her job so well, knows how to put herself in place too. A very articulate and knowledgeable big Mama!!!

To Ms. Gale ( though I haven't met her, always in a meeting) and Mr. Jayson and the rest of the
staff, thank you very much for the warm welcome and for the good accommodation we had at Hotel Centro. We went home tired but happy. thank you for making our stay at PP in Palawan a happy and memorable one.

Room Tip: Choose a family suite room, it has a large CR with two beds and a mat with big sofas!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Ms. Sofie,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Centro as your home stay in Puerto Princesa. Ms. Gale Camacho is our Reservations Manager and she always assists our guests requirements likewise with Jayson, our travel concierge. We always give our best to help our guest's needs, we are happy you were able to use our extra camera we lend you.

We apologize for the miscommunications on posting of your bill, we will make sure it won't happen again. We also appreciate that you took time to write about us, we welcome all the recommendations and suggestions of all our guests.

We hope to see you again in Hotel Centro!

Been to Hotel Centro? Share your experiences!