“Better than McDonalds.....just” 3 of 5 stars

Mercado de San Miguel, Puerto Princesa, Palawan Island, Philippines
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Just google skybox sports bar puerto princesa
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Better than McDonalds.....just”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I've been here twice now. First time in 2012 on my first trip to Palawan. Me and my girlfriend were impressed by our first visit so we decided to call in on our second trip to Palawan. The place was dead and it was lunch time. They had ran out of the big burgers so had to double up on some small ones. I remember the first time we went we were served fries with the burger, this time it was just the burger and fries had to be ordered as an extra. The service was slow, no one was paying attention when we wanted our bill. And they could do with something to zap the flies, not fun eating a burger while trying to keep the flies out of our shakes. Burger was tasty though and the shakes are nice and thick.

Visited June 2013

Manila, Philippines
“frustrating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

i always often come to skybox for their burger which is absolutely mouthwatering...grilled burgers not fried..!!!match it with superb ice cold beer...

now is the time that i come to the place to have a burger and some beer...had a couple of bottles of sanmig light and came to a point where a redhorse beer was served to me.....letting me know that they ran out of beer that i usually drink..hooahhh...now that was frustrating....serving without the guest or customer informing that they dont have what i ordered is somehow annoying..

just see and experience for yourself...but you were warned!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Bad service, ran out of beer and cheese”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is supposed to be a bar and a burger place... First of all, before sitting down, I asked them if I can use my VISA card and they said yes, but when it came time to paying, their machine was out of order... Liars.....

We were a group of 11, eating at a sports 'bar', but they only have 6 San Miguels in the whole restaurant. They ran out after 6 beers.

Then we ordered pizza, but they were out of cheese. So we couldn't have pizza.

We also ordered bacon mushroom cheesemelt burger, but they were out of cheesemelt, so they served our burgers with the plastic singles cheese...

Then the burgers came out 15 minutes apart, so some of us have already finished eating, but the others don't have their meals yet..

Service???. What service?????

Don't go here.... such a poor excuse for a restaurant bar!!!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Puerto Princesa, Palawan
“They have added some good staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I had been seeing signs for "Beer Crust Pizza" & decided to go back yet again to Sky Box. I seated myself outside at the bar & was promptly greeted & given a menu. I ordered a San Mig Light. The beer was quickly brought & it was really good & cold. One of the new staff named Jeff came over we had a nice conversation until my guest arrived & we moved inside. I had the Veggie Beer Crust Pizza & my friend had a hamburger steak. I couldn't taste any beer in the crust, but the pizza was pretty good for veggie pizza. My friend thoroughly enjoyed the hamburger steak. I'm going to return again because these newer reviewers are again bragging about the burgers. I hope the management has switched back to the good ground beef that built their reputation. I'll let you know...

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dallas
“Excellent burgers! Don't expect them to have the breakfast items on menu though!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Recently, my friends and I chose this place over the others in this mini mall for breakfast because they offered pancakes and French toast on the menu. Once we had been seated though, they informed us that those were not available. My friends got breakfast which was good and I got a yummy burger--awesome that I was able to order this at 9 a.m.! The meat was really good quality.

• Visited February 2013