“Twinkle twinkle little star!!” 3 of 5 stars

+639167809118
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: A romantic dinner at the floating restaurant and a magical tour with Firefly.
Sydney, Australia
7 attraction reviews
“Twinkle twinkle little star!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

the boat ride was so tranquil you could almost hear your breath..there was not much firefly as the moon was shining brightly.. almost full moon. our boatman was very knowledgeable that he even described the stars and their names..

Visited February 2014

• Polish first
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
“Very relaxing and informative”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I have just read some reviews about tour operators and the prices, if you decide to go here DO NOT book through an operator, you are being ripped off. We took a trike and it was a nice long drive out, the entrance fee was only 600peso for the boat so we let the driver come along too :)
The fireflies are only small, and getting photos is virtually impossible because its so dark, personally I would say, don't worry about the pics just enjoy and remember it all, as a photographer I know how difficult this is to do lol
There is also something with the water, make sure you drag your fingers in the water to see it light up as if my magic, its beautiful to see!

The guide was great, he tells you all about the fireflies and by shining a red laser gets them to flash in harmony (used to deter predators because they look bigger), then he also uses a laser-pen to show you stars and constellations in the amazingly clear and very dark skies - it was awesome seeing the Milky Way and the stars so clear, here in England we only have 3 places that are so dark :/

I have rated it as excellent because we thoroughly enjoyed it, even though its a short tour, we learned a lot and my girlfriend got to see something she had wanted to see for years, so it made it all worthwhile and special :) and for 600 peso, it was a bargain :)

Visited February 2014
Pasay, Philippines
“For your eyes only..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

It was very relaxing.. Lots odpf fireflies especially on their "disco house".. You'll learn about the life cycle of fireflies..

Visited January 2014
Edmonton, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“In a word... underwhelming”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I believe there are several vendors offering the firefly watching excursion. Our hotel arranged the one my partner and I experienced for 1200 pesos per person (including a "seafood buffet") in January 2014.

When we were considering excursions to purchase, we were enticed by representations that the red light cupped in the hand of our guide would "attract" the fireflies. Alas, such was not the case. This excursion is best described as a boat ride to view a smattering of dimly lit Christmas trees. The fireflies do not envelope the boat passengers, as I had imagined. Plus, the boat does not stop to allow passengers to take a proper low-light photograph.

The "seafood buffet" served on the boat was also disappointing. The meal was very simple and portions were small and served family-style. This wouldn't have been a big deal, except it was advertised as a "seafood buffet": my expectations were not met.

Visited January 2014
San Jose, California
“Firefly watching Iwahag River”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

If your'e into nature, it's a must see. A very short trip however the boatman made the trip a very educational one. Went a second time with my brother and his family and due to high winds, there were not so many Fireflys the 2nd time around. Dinner that goes with the package was great but small portions (I'm a big man). Overall it's good for once and done...

Visited December 2013