“Having the chance again, i would surely go back to this place.” 5 of 5 stars

You added Balay Inato Pension to your Saves list
Balay Inato Pension
294 Manalo Extention, Puerto Princesa, Palawan Island 5300, Philippines   |
Ranked #11 of 146 Puerto Princesa B&B and Inns
“Having the chance again, i would surely go back to this place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I've been to different cities and seen different things that amazed me, but this place didnt just amazed me but made me feel like i'm just home. A pension with a restaurant, that is totally cool! I get to order and eat what i like to eat at the same time chill and relax at my comfy bedroom. The food there was awesome. Especially the chicken inato, delicious! I can say that i really had a good stay in Palawan not just because i saw the beautiful places there but also because i get to have a good night sleep and had new set of favorite foods added to my list. I'll definitely go back to Balay Inato Pension.

• Stayed March 2014

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Manila
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We stayed here because we were travelling with my 75 year old father and most hotels in Puerto Princesa do not have elevators (or if they do, they do not always work)!

It was easy to get a reservation but the confirmation of the receipt of deposit was quite difficult! I kept sending the deposit slip to a certain Jojo, and they kept saying they have not received it. It was only days before we were to arrive that they acknowledged they got it.

They were considerate enough to allow early check in for my parents. So we were given one room earlier, which is great!

The people were very friendly.

Asking for ice, as the room does not have a ref, will set you back P20.

The rooms were clean enough except that in Room 2, the bathroom is soooooooooo smelly! I think that the pipes going to the sewer passes through that room that I wake up in the middle of the night from the stench of the bathroom. We tried dousing it with shampoo and water and still the smell is the same. My parents who were in Room 3 did not have the same experience.

Initially the shower's water pressure was very weak; I complained about it for 2 days and they did not act on it. it was only on the 3rd day did they actually check it and lo and behold, I had a faulty shower head. Hindi kasi sila naniwala for 2 days.

The breakfast is not bad, it was not good. Just enough to fill your tummy for the first hour of your day -- definitely will not tide you until lunch.

The wifi signal is VERY, VERY POOR! You need to go to the reception area to get good signal.

The Chicken served in the restaurant is good and tasty, but the chicken is soo small. The other dishes on the menu had so much catsup. We liked the buko shake; hated all the other shakes.

The tricycle drivers are not familiar with this place. You need to remember to mention One Manalo so that they can bring you to the right Balay Inato (apparently there are so many Inato pensions around)

Room Tip: Stay near the reception area
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Place was reasonable. Breakfast was ordinary. Got into an argument as they stuffed up my bookings. Room was very small and bathroom could be cleaner. Place is far away from any shops. Will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Keep this as a last resort.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here last tuesday and wed(aug. 20-21). Supposedly, we would stay here for 3 days but because of cebu pacific air bad service, we would not able to enjoy our trip to palawan. We booked a triple sharing room in balay inato. I don't like our room because the space is not good for 3 and we didn't get some other free meal because we were not able to use our free breakfast for the second day because of delay on our arrival but still it's ok. The place is good because it is very near to airport. Overall, I would suggest this pension house for those who don't have a lot of budget for hotel.
I would also like to commend for Islands of Fun Travel and Tours from Puerto Princesa for their great effort on making our trip worthwhile. Their staffs are very great. :)

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

It was quite hard for me to choose the "right" hotel when I am travelling with my kids. They have lots of needs and one of them is easy access to food. The restaurant, together with their food and staff, were simply the best. Service with a smile. The room was big and nice. Not overly decorated. It was a home away from home. You can let your kids roam around and know they are safe. We were even allow early check in. Airport transfers were quick and easy. Everyone is so nice. They even have the time to talk to their guest, check their situation, offer their help and make your stay enjoyable. Highly recommended for those traveling with tours as they are only 3 minutes away from the airport. Room charges comes with free breakfast. Price is good ranging from 1K-2K for 2-4 pax.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

VALUE FOR MONEY

Compared to other pension houses, BB and inns I have seen in Puerto Princesa during the tour pick up, I completely believe that Balay Inato is definitely worth your money. It is affordable (1,200php- 1,400php) a night with big, clean and spacious rooms complete with basic facility like TV, fan, cabinet, mini refrigerator, AC, private bathroom. They also provide clean towels and toiletries like shampoo, conditioner,soap and toothpastes. They also clean the room everyday and change the linens everyday. They also serve delicious breakfasts in time.

LOCATION

Superb location indeed! Few minutes away from the Puerto Princesa Airport, and like 10-15 minutes away from the famous resto like Kinabuch and Kalui. The place has their own restaurant which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, mostly charcoal grilled foods.

STAFF/ SERVICE

They were all very accomodating. On our last day, they let us took shower in their guest room even if we already checked out, since we arrived late from the island tour and we are pass late our boarding time to our flight back to Manila. They helped us and gave us fast airport transfer. Good thing we made it to our flight.

*They do not have a swimming pool or a fitness center.

Room Tip: Always ask for a room closer to the router which is basically near at the reception desk. (Stronger...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed in a room good for four people. Comfortable beds and clean ensuite.

During our stay, the hotel experienced power interruptions at least four times. I think the hotel has a standby generator so the interruption only lasted for a minute i think.

They also have a restaurant where they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. We didn't have to go anywhere else to eat after a day seeing the sights.

Balay Inato has a lively vibe you won't find anywhere else in Palawan i believe. Five TA circles for this hotel!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Balay Inato Pension? Share your experiences!