“Palawan Hospitality at its best!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Balay Inato Pension

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puerto Princesa
Balay Inato Pension
You added Balay Inato Pension to your Saves list
294 Manalo Extention, Puerto Princesa, Palawan Island 5300, Philippines   |
Ranked #17 of 163 Puerto Princesa B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cavite City, Philippines
“Palawan Hospitality at its best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

Balay Inato is a great place to stay in Puerto Princesa. It's only minutes away from the airport, so it was no hassle to travel to. You don't have to spend hours travelling to your hotel and spending a good portion of your day getting ready because the place is so close to the airport. Therefore, you can just dump your things, tidy up a bit, and get on with your day activities. I loved the spacious feel of the place. There were cottages for eating, and the rooms were clean. The service was fast and efficient. Food is great! WiFi everywhere! Just watch out for blackouts from time to time since their generator is a bit slow to take over. Also, there were some rooms where the aircon was a bit noisy. The music room at the back, which is for six has a slower WiFi reception.

The place is also neat the city proper, so if you're a foodie, you can visit great restaurants like KaLui's and Badjao Seafront Restaurant quickly. The guides are great, and the staff are always smiling. They're also on the dot when it comes to wake-up calls and reservation reminders.

If I'm going back to Puerto Princesa, I'll go back here!

Room Tip: Rooms for four are the best.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

I reserved for a room in Baly Inato via email only. Reservation was easy and hassle-free. Seph answered all my inquiries quickly and arranged the booking of tours for us. The room that we got was pretty basic, but it was very tidy. I also thought that the room would be so tiny since it is a budget accommodation, but to my surprise, I find it quite spacious. Bathroom was very clean as well. There were at times when the water pressure was low. Not a problem for me though since water is still flowing. Kudos also to the housekeeping staff. Our room was always neat when we got back at the end of our tours.

They also have a restaurant (Haim Chicken Inato) which serves delicious and affordable meals. I think this is also popular among the locals as the place was jam packed over lunch.

Location-wise, I think it is great. Near the airport, but not too far from the city center. Famous restaurants and Cora's pasalubong center can be easily reached via tricycles (8 pesos per person at that time)

For those with kids, there's no swimming pool here to keep them busy. But I highly recommend Balay Inato for friends and families on a tight budget. I will definitely stay here again if I have a chance to go back to Puerto Princesa.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

We planned a trip to Puerto Princesa, Palawan through 8 Dragons Travel and Tours. They booked us in Balay Inato Pension Inn for 3 days and 2 nights. It's almost a stone throw away from the airport but their airport transfer service is on time. The Inn is along the highway and around 10 minutes to the city proper, which makes it quiet. They have a very welcoming and relaxing atmosphere with a huge parking area and a picturesque landscape.

We arrived early, so they asked us to stay in their guest house, which is really a house complete with sala and a double bed. We just left our things there as we are going on a city tour. When we came back, our things are already in our assigned room. There is a hot/cold shower and the water is clean and the water pressure is not low. There was a fan, an aircon and cable TV.

The receptionists are accomodating and they call us in our room every time our vans arrive. The accomodation came with free breakfast for two, the selection is based on the day of the week, like on Saturdays, they have a choice between tosilog and ham/bacon meal. You just have to notify them the night before of your choice and what time you want it served. They can deliver it to your room for P25/meal, or you can eat it in the resto.

Haim's Chicken Inato is very popular, as there are plenty of guests especially at night. Their chicken inato is worth visiting and the resto atmosphere is very cozy with no smoking areas. I especially like their halo halo and everything is fairly priced.

It's a real pleasure to come home to Balay Inato after a whole day of wandering in Palawan, I will definitely stay here the next time I visit Puerto Princesa!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Kudos to the staff and crew of Balay Inato,for being attentive and friendly for our 4 days stay at Puerto Princesa,room was great,food was good,and again to the staff thank you for our memorable stay.Hoping to come back soon...

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Luzon, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Me and my co-workers decided to visit Palawan last 4th of July weekend. As expected, Balay Inato offered a simple but cozy room and the food is perfect for my taste buds! Not to mention the savings we had. The prices they offer are very cost friendly especially to people in groups. I'd love to go back and stay there again! =D

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Quezon City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

Me and my friends are on a budget going to Puerto Princesa Palawan. So we went to look out for a nice place to stay and we found Balay Inato. The place was really good. We stayed on 2 double bed rooms and the price was just right. Their front desk needs to have more training but they were good enough. The aircons were good and we had no problems in our stay. The place was clean. They have a very good restaurant also. I would recommend this to families and groups who are intending to stay at Puerto Princesa for a good budget!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Metro Manila
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

We are disappointed during our stay in Balay Inato. The room is clean but there are problems in some areas like water where a lot of times rust is flowing in the faucet. You have to wait for minutes to clear up. No cable connection for 3 days and no action from the management to fix this problem. Everyday they clean the room but you can see molds on the toilet cover as well as the tank. The shower provides hot/cold but water flow is minimal.

The front desk people are accommodating. I just hope they could do some improvements in their facilities.

Their price is not too far from other competitors. You better think again before staying in Balay Inato.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Balay Inato Pension? Share your experiences!