“Nice Place BUT Not a Beach” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Puerto Princesa

You added Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Puerto Princesa to your Saves list
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Puerto Princesa
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Emerald Playa Beach and Nature Park | San Jose, Puerto Princesa, Palawan Island 5300, Philippines   |
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Puerto Princesa
Manila, Philippines
“Nice Place BUT Not a Beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Our visitors from abroad had chosen Microtel Palawan among the several hotels in the city because of the BEACH. Since we will be outside most of the time touring, a standard room would be enough for us, but because of it's unavailability,we have no choice but to get 2 suites.

No BEACH; it's just a marketing thing; the back of the hotel is in the SEA or OCEAN. We have walk in the body of water with mangroves on one side, no seawater until hundred meters away. The seawater only come at the property during high tide, have not seen anybody swim

But the courteousness and helpfulness of the staff more than compensate for the flak that we got. Average food at the restaurant but kudos to RapRap who attend to our needs. Also to Juancho, the prompt and reliable driver of the van.

We check-in at 9:30 pm and stayed for 2 nights. We requested for a 4 pm checkout for 1 room of the 2 rooms we had to freshen ourselves after a tour but was rejected by the front desk.

Room Tip: If you're going out most of the time, suite is just a waste of money.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Micr0telPalawan, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Puerto Princesa, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We truly appreciate all of your comments, particularly those relating to the staff but we would have been extremely happy if we had exceeded your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Microtel in Puerto Princesa, Palawan is a great place to stay. We were there for a business conference and had a very attentive staff taking care of all our needs. The food was great, the pool was really nice and the rooms were very clean. We tried eating out in the popular restaurants in the city but I was very surprised that the food in the coffee shop was even better!

Definitely worth a trip back with the family!

Room Tip: Get a room of both ends of the corridor if you want a very quiet room or better yet get the rooms on...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Micr0telPalawan, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Puerto Princesa, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for your review, l will definitely share this with the rest of the team and I look forward to welcome you and your family back during your next planned vacation here at Microtel by Wyndham Puerto Princesa.
Guam, Mariana Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

A good get away from the city, the staff are awesome, kuya who picks you up is awesome info person on the city recommendation and transport, Mitch one of the ladies at the front desk of microtel she is always with smiles and helpful to the guests regarding the hotel and info about the island. Room is awesome, its beach/island life but with the touch of the microtel essential, no ref but free flowing water and coffee in the lobby. Beds are awesome, shower is either hot or cold as you need it, if you get the package deal the breakfast is simple but filling, the guys at the hot station are great at what they make. The view in the day or night out side is awesome. Regular a short tour, business get away, this place place is awesome. Between kuya, Ms Mitch and ms ice they are awesome to help you at the hotel level. 24-7 security to keep unwanted people away, the hotel service crew awesome to get you room needs goin, lunch and dinner shuttle to get you into town. Thank you microtel, I am sure I will be getting my wyndham points as well even though booked through a tour agent

Room Tip: clean, quiet, comfortable, good get away
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Micr0telPalawan, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Puerto Princesa, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Thank you so very much for your recent feedback. We truly appreciate all of your comments particularly those relating to the staff and we look forward to your next visit.
Luzon, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Booked for an overnight stay after an hour and a half flight from Manila. They have free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. It will be our jump off point for our trip to Sabang the next day for the Underground River Tour which is a good two hours from Puerto Princesa where we will stay for 3days. Then back again to this Hotel overnight before leaving for Manila. Since it is a beachfront hotel which is very good and a bit far from city proper the hotel has a scheduled free shuttle for lunch and dinner at good restaurants. Free unlimited tea, latte and cappuccino for guests at the lobby at any time ( its a vending machine ). Our last night is Valentine's, a bottle of red wine and a pair of wine glass is in our room compliments of the hotel, nice. Take the room with a beach view. Very nice hotel staff, great pool. Room is average no frills, towels no longer pristine white but still smells clean. Food is below average. Free wifi at the lobby only. For the room you have to pay a one time minimal fee for your stay. Again, the staff are great.

Room Tip: Beach View, ground floor
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Micr0telPalawan, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Puerto Princesa, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and we look forward to welcome you back as one of our guest(s).
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Stayed for 3 days with friends. Our rooms were upgraded for free. Staff were very nice and helpful. Would have given this review 5 stars, if not for the average food served in their restaurant. Also, half of the food we ordered weren't available. A little improvement on this would have made our overall stay perfect. Nevertheless, I still recommend staying in this hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Micr0telPalawan, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Puerto Princesa, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and considered our staff to be outstanding. Regarding the restaurant I apologize for the shortfall and this will definitely be looked into. Once again thank you and I look forward to welcome you back.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed here on feb. 7-9,2014, at Rm. 215
Pros- it is a nice & clean hotel with comfy bed,nice beach scenery, I am commending their hotel staff because they are very accommodating & courteous, good breakfast, free coffee and water, nice pool for kids, I traveled with my husband, 3kids, and yaya and I appreciate that they didn't charge my kids for breakfast since they are 7,3, and 1 yr. Old. Only. They also allow delivery of fastfood and free scheduled shuttle service is a plus
Cons- it is a secluded area so bring everything you need because there's no convenience store around.
We would definitely comeback here.. my family especially my kids enjoyed our stay at microtel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Micr0telPalawan, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Puerto Princesa, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We're glad that you and your family had a good time and that you enjoyed our beachfront location, your comments will surely be shared with the team and I look forward to your next visit.
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

It was my first trip to Palawan. My stay was for 3 nights. I had no problem finding our Hotel transfer which is free. Two persons crew to help us to the Van of 5 person company and brought us to the hotel. Very friendly and right then we given tips where or how to get around the town and restaurant. First night we had a buffet at the hotel since we flew in at night and don't want to hassle to go outside. The food was good for 300 pesos or 7 dollars person. Good selection and fresh cooking. The dinner place is spacious and located by the pool. The room are clean and good condition. I love the location which is next to the beach but the shallow areas. The staff are always smiling and helpful at all times. Lots of staff are on duty to most of the hours. The assistance of the staff to the trip or tour scheduled are very organized. I also like to say that they honest. I left my battery charger for my canon slr camera and a couple hours later I receive a phone call. By that time I was already in Legaspi City, Albay on a second location of my trip. Without the charger I would have definitely ruin my trip since it was not available on that location. I receive them thru LBC to the address I provided in 3 days without charging me the shipping. I was very thankful that we have very professional staff on this hotel. I attended only underground river tour and I spent the second day on the hotel since the resort itself is an attraction. I cannot wait for the next trip to Palawan and definitely more than 3 nights so I can do the Honda Bay Tour.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a great review. While nothing gives us more pleasure than to be of service to all our guests, reading a review such as yours is music to our ears. Once again thank you and I look forward to welcome you back.

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Puerto Princesa? Share your experiences!