My family and I are currently staying at the Microtel Pureto Princesa location in Palawan. We are a native Filipino family and we know the area and native language (Tagalog), yet there was still way too much miscommunication by the staff. Although the staff is generally helpful (to be expected of a Filipino service) and the location is mediocre, we expected the service to be excellent. This was not the case, we had not one but TWO cases where the staff essentially screwed us over.
The first instance was when we were told our trip for the Underground River shuttle pick up would be at 9am. Somehow we get a call at 7:15am telling us that our tour guide was here and that if we don't hurry we would miss our tour. The 2nd incident was when we booked reservations for a neighboring restaurant. The staff booked the reservation, but when we arrived they informed us that our reservation was incomplete because the hotel staff did not note our food selection and the chef had already gone home.
When we confronted the Microtel staff about the incident, all they did was apologize and we were forced to eat at the hotel's restaurant even though we really did not want to. IT WASN'T EVEN COMPLIMENTARY. NOT EVEN A DISCOUNT. Ridiculous. They tried to compensate by giving us a cheap bottle of wine.
As we're preparing to leave I can't wait to tell everyone NOT to go to this location. I don't think we got our money's worth for the poor service and lack of customer satisfaction and attention. Sorry Microtel Palawan, you just lost my business. Never coming back here again!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Have a taste of tropical bliss at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham - Puerto Princesa, the only beachfront accommodation in Puerto Princesa City. Nestled on the white sands of Emerald Beach just 20 minutes away from the city's bustling center, this hotel in Puerto Princesa, Palawan offers you an experience that is both comfortable and affordable. With tastefully designed rooms that have all the necessary amenities to make your stay enjoyable, you'll find it easy to feel right at home. Microtel Puerto Princesa stays true to the Microtel chain's international standards of quality, offering excellent service that is reasonably priced. Combined with remarkable Filipino hospitality, Microtel Puerto Princesa is truly your hotel of choice when in Puerto Princesa City, Palawan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Puerto Princesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn & Suites Puerto Princesa Hotel Puerto Princesa
- Microtel Inn And Suites Puerto Princesa
- Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Puerto Princesa Palawan Island