After a business trip to Manila, my colleagues and I went to Palawan. I liked that One Rover’s Place is just few minutes away from the airport. It was very convenient. After a delayed flight from Manila, all we wanted was to find a place to rest. We did not have any hotel reservations when we arrived at the city. Luckily, One Rover’s Place has a room to spare for me.
We were greeted by a friendly receptionist (Chikee or Cheeky or something that sounds like that) who told us that they do have a room but we have to wait for a few minutes because the room is still being cleaned. We didn’t want to look for another place anymore so we decided to wait for the room to be ready.
The receptionist gave us a glass of Pandan juice while we wait. We didn't know you could actually make juice with pandan leaves. It’s kinda weird tasting (in a good way) but it was refreshing, clean and delicious! After about half an hour, the key was finally given to us.
The room is pretty basic and has just enough space to walk around. There are 2 clean single-sized beds, an aircon, a closet, a table and a TV. Because the room we got didn’t have a private bathroom, I immediately checked where the bathroom was. Aside from being small, I didn’t have any problems with it.
When I turned on the AC, I thought that the room wouldn’t get cold. (Aircon looks too small for the room). But I was wrong. After a few hours, we were so cold and had to turn the AC down.
For a place to sleep after touring the city and the underground river, the room we got was not exceptionally great but good. It was also affordable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One Rover's Place is just 5 minutes from the airport. While staying here, you might want to visit some of these nearby places: Honda Bay, Dos Palmas, and Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park. They have 18 air-conditioned rooms, each with cable TV, hair dryer, Internet connectivity, and a private toilet and bath. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your One Rover's Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1 Rover`s Place
- One Rover`s Place Hotel Puerto Princesa
- One Rover's Place Palawan Island/Puerto Princesa