The two of us traveled to Palawan for 3 days and stayed at Hibiscus Garden Inn (after reading tripadvisor) in September (which was very rainy).
Pros: Excellent service (communicated via email to book hotel and Honda Bay and Underground River tours for us, so when we arrived, things were already arranged; when needed electrical adapter, umbrella, local map, restaurant recommendations, mosquito coils, breakfast orders, or wake up knocks on doors, staff provided happily), fairly good location (close to airport, walkable to restaurants and main street, but if you don't like to feel sweaty from the walk or humidity, then you can take tricycle taxi which are everywhere), fair cost (about $50-70 dollars/night, tours cost are standard without mark up).
Cons: Unreliable wireless internet (seems to work better on one side of rooms better than other side, so if you want better wireless connection, rooms 1-6 may be better than 7-14; I had to be outside the room to get internet), open shower with slow drain which floods the bathroom floor, toilet flush is weak (petpeeve of mine) but seems to be throughout Philippines, air conditioning took awhile to cool the room, cost extra to pay with credit card so bring some pesos if you don't like to pay extra fees.
Advise beside the ones above: If you are expecting Hilton or Marriott, you will be sorely disappointed. In the US, this place would get 2 to 3 stars. But for Palawan, this place and the service are considered very good. Prepare for rain, humidity and mosquitos. Good to have an universal electrical adaptor. There is not much to do around Hibsicus Garden Inn, so it may be good to plan your destinations either by yourself or by signing up for tours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hibiscus Garden Inn is just a newly-opened establishment catering to local and foreign tourists who are looking for a modern but affordable place to stay in the city of Puerto Princesa. Conveniently located just 3 minutes away from the airport and accessible to any commercial and government establishments in the city. With 14 spacious Mediterranean inspired rooms, set in a quiet and relaxing ambiance of colorful flowers and native arts. All the rooms were built with the thought of giving "comfort" to its occupants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Odigeo and Booking.com so you can book your Hibiscus Garden Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Hibiscus Garden
- Hibiscus Garden Puerto Princesa
- Hibiscus Garden Hotel Palawan Island/Puerto Princesa