My wife and I stayed here for 6 nights in early March we had a superior deluxe room which was big and very clean with a large window that looked out on the pool they dont have a in room safe so we handed those over to reception to look after which was fine and secure. The bed was very comfortable with 2 pillows each and a ceiling fan to the adjacent room is the aircon which was good as it was not blowing directly on to us and cooled the whole place down.
Wifi was always on it may not be super fast but for accessing emails, facebook, google searches and Maps was fine enough.
As we like to do tours ourselves we did not use the resort for these and were never pressured into using their services. The pool is one of the best resort pools I have been in warm, big and deep, the grounds are really well kept. We did not eat in the restaurant except for breakfast which was basic but fine 2 toast, slice of ham, egg, jam and fruit and freshly brewed coffee or tea.
As for Mark and his wife Rosie they were very friendly and great to get along with especially in the evenings, as Mark organises private trips diving/snorkelling during the day with the guests from The Royal Oberoi he may not be around all day
It was always easy to catch a trike or local bus into town from here and also the reception were quite knowledgeable in helping how to get to different places, actually from here it is easy to get to the Crocodile Farm, Bakers Hill and the lookout ranch
Is there anything I could complain about not really the only thing maybe its a bit far from town so eating close by is limited but there again its not hard to jump on a Trike
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 20 minutes drive from the hustle and bustle of Puerto Princesa city centre and airport, the Royal Oberoi Resort Hotel nestles in its beautiful landscaped gardens. Accommodations comprise 5 elegant Suite Villas with canopy style bed. 5 Superior Deluxe rooms and 5 Standard Deluxe rooms. All are equipped with hot and cold showers, cable TV, air conditioning, mini bar, intercom and free WiFi. The resort has the largest swimming pool in Puerto Princesa and the Grand Palm Pavilion Restaurant serves some of the finest food in Palawan. The Resort has a Spa and a fully equipped dive center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Royal Oberoi Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Oberoi Hotel Puerto Princesa
- Oberoi Puerto Princesa
- Puerto Princesa Oberoi
- Royal Oberoi Resort Hotel Palawan Island/Puerto Princesa