“awesome” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hadefes Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in El Nido
Hadefes Cottages
You added Hadefes Cottages to your Saves list
Ca Alan, El Nido, Palawan Island 235345b2, Philippines   |
Ranked #16 of 54 Specialty Lodging in El Nido
queensland
“awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

I would like to say thank you so much for the hospitality that Emil and his family showed us, we really enjoy our stay in Hadefes Emil is such a unique person with big heart he goes out of his way to help everyone... His sense of humour and helping hand will always be remembered..Highly recommended...Mabuhay Hadefes!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Not sure just yet
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

Emil..this is the name you will need to remember should you consider staying at this cottage. I had the pleasure of staying at Hadefes Cottages with whom I like to call the "Survivor - the El Nido Expedition Crew".. My best friends wedding was at El Nido and we were very fortunate to have stayed the first week at Hadefe's. Emil and his family were by far the best hosts we could ever ask for. Going beyond his duty of call, Emil became part of the Survivor crew and we couldn't have been luckier. I know that when we all reunite for the 10th year wedding anniversary (or should I decide to venture on my own and return earlier), where I will be staying, Hadefes. This is definitely a place to consider if you want a chilled out, relaxed and a true El Nido experience. I give it my 2 thumbs up. Carolina

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2010

If you want to experience true Filipino hospitality, here is a place for you. I would forever be thankful that we met Emil and his family. We stayed with them last year and we promised to go back for our wedding. In fact, if it weren't for Emil we would have found it difficult to go ahead with the wedding. His promise to help us organise it sealed the deal for us.

True to his word, he and Dena were the perfect hosts (it felt more like a family really!). We had 40 family and friends who came for our wedding and all of them only had these words about Emil, 'He is amazing!'

He was our appointed boatman for all our island tours, and he didn't disappoint. His true love for what he does and his willingness to share his knowledge of El Nido was evident. Nothing was ever too hard for him to do. He welcomed all our guests, even those who were staying elsewhere and charmed them with his humility and good humour.

He was, of course, a guest in our wedding. And like what I said my speech, "Emil, your T-shirt says it all 'BEST BOATMAN IN TOWN', but add to that Chef (best seafoods during tours), Events coordinator, snorkeling guide and now, a friend." He even called us in Manila to make sure that we arrived safely.

We hope that one of these days we will visit El Nido again and of course, that everything in Hadefe's stays just the same.

Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
devon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2010

I just had the holiday of a lifetime and this resort has a lot to do with it. I work for the environment and I'd want natural things in paradise as Hadefe resort seems to be. The cottages are thatched and basic with fan and having a simple shower room and toilet. The cottages are relaxedly distributed with lots of trees and lovely gardens all throughout. There's a little gazebo for socialising at night or having coffee in the morning. The resort has a magnificent view of a surrounding islands and cliffs and is serenaded by different insects birds and animals day and night. My host Hanny is definitely a trustworthy man and he gets help running this place with his entire family who are very warm and helpful. Emil, the main tour guide for the resort is also a dive master, talented cook, boat handyman and an entertaining companion. This place is not for ones looking for luxury and pampering.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2009

My girlfriend and I stayed at Hadefe Cottages hosted by Emil and Edina for eight nights. They were excellent hosts and very friendly. Hadefe Cottages are only ten minutes walk from the centre of El Nido but offer seclusion from the main drag and terrific sunsets. We took four island hopping tours from one perfect beach to the next with Emil who aside from running Hadefe Cottages and also offers regular island tours on his banka the Sea Star. The snorkeling was excellent; accessible for beginners but with plenty on offer to interest the more experienced as well. Turtles, Bat Fish, Angel Fish, Lion Fish and Clown Fish just to name a few. The sharp limestone cliffs which make up the Bacuit Islands offer many hidden locations and having a local guide is a must. If you are lucky you may be offered a home cooked breakfast or dinner while at Hadefe. Beautiful fresh food and at a bargain price!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hadefes Cottages? Share your experiences!