I am lucky enough to be working on Palawan Is. I had 2 days off with my wife and wanted to go to El Nido. I have flown over and it looked so amazing from the air I had to visit. We decided on Lagen Is. WOW is all I can say. From the moment you arrive it feels surreal. A stunning vista with incredible ambiance. We stayed in a Water Cottage. It was quite large, beautifully furnished with every thing you need (or don't ie TV, Wifi etc). The pool is stunning. The food is outstanding. The best I have had in my 3 months in the Philippines!! By far. The staff are gracious and kind and always attentive to your needs.We just hung out and enjoyed the view from out room the first day. I was a spectacle just to sit and admire the beauty. The second day we took the nature hike from behind the dining area all the way to a secluded beach on the other side of the island. It was a lovely jungle hike with mammoth trees, sweet smells and lots of unusual noises. You end up at a beach, only us there, with some of the most colorful shells I have ever seen and a few hermit crabs finding their new homes. A speed boat picked us up and took us back for lunch. After lunch we went to the beach club (another beach about 30 min). There we enjoyed a fantastic Hobie Cat sail (they let me take it out, very rare from my experience) and then went snorkeling. Finished the day with another top notch dinner and watched the sunset from our expansive balcony. What is not to love is this most amazing of places. I hope you can get there. p.s No night life and very quiet and tranquil. Not for the party goers which was fine with us.Cant' wait to return!!!! It is costly and quite difficult to get too. But well worth the ride.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lagen Island is a haven of tranquility nestled between a lush forest and a calm shallow lagoon. Its calssic and modern design exudes an air of subdued elegance. Cottages, rooms and suites are well appointed over the water, beside the beach, or surrounded by verdant forest. Lagen Island is part of the El Nido Resorts group and is located in El Nido, northwestern part of Palawan. It takes a 75-minute direct flight from Manila or a 6 hour land trip from Puerto Princesa City (Palawan's Capital City). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your El Nido Resorts Lagen Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Nido Resorts Lagen Island Hotel El Nido
- Lagen Island Hotel
- Lagen Island El Nido
- El Nido Resorts Lagen Island Palawan Island