The experience was over the top.
From riding the pumpboat to the room service, everything was taken cared of in a 5-star way. The staffs were friendly and very hospitable, that kind of Filipino hospitality that you are looking for. Some of them were conversant of the Cebuano dialect which made me even feel more at home. The food was great and unlimited. I love seafood so much and their buffet did not fail me. Also, having breakfast in Miniloc and lunch in Lagen was something unique to me. I did not know it was allowed but that certainly made me feel special. Too bad there was no pool in Miniloc, so when we had our lunch in Lagen, i never missed the chance of swimming in the pool. I was hoping i could have dinner in Pangulasian but they told me that Pangulasian is an exclusive-for-guests resort only. Instead, we passed by this beautiful island during our island hopping for us to get a glimpse of this exclusive resort.
Kayaking from one island to another was a memorable experience on its own. I did not know that sharks (harmless they said) were infesting the blue waters. Had i known, i might think twice of kayaking from island to island. But nevertheless, it was super fun! Snorkeling with one of the staffs was fantastic! He seems to know what he's talking about from different species of fishes to turtles and corals. Too bad that we weren't able to find a turtle during our snorkeling activity.
To top the whole experience, swimming with more than a meter long Jack Fishes was the part that i loved most. It was a bit scary when you look at them using your snorkels (goggles). I almost screamed when i saw them just below and beside me, but given a few minutes, i was able to conquer my fear and just swam with them, almost touching them. Their razor sharp teeth is very much obvious and they just chase whatever food you throw at them. I'm glad they did not bite that person who jumped in the middle of the swimming school, scared if they might mistake him for food.
Overall the experience was over the top. Thanks to the staff that welcomed us with the warmest greetings of Mabuhay! I certainly would want to go back to this piece of gem in Palawan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Miniloc Island is a rustic and charming hideaway reminiscent of a coastal village. Miniloc Island is located in El Nido, in northwestern Palawan. It takes a 75-minute direct flight from Manila to get to El Nido or a 6-hour travel by land from Puerto Princesa City (Palawan's Capital City).Miniloc Island Resort is tucked within a beautiful cove surrounded by towering limestone cliffs and a vibrant coral reef. It is a gateway to popular activity sites in a breath-taking location known for its high biodiversity. The resort has 50 cottages and rooms built in traditional Filipino design over the water, beside the beach, or surrounded by garden and limestone cliffs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Nido Resort Miniloc Island Hotel El Nido
- Hotel El Nido
- Resort El Nido
- El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island Palawan Island