From the time you arrive at the airport in El Nido, Palawan, you will be greeted by the personnel of the resort with a big smile and welcome song. At the arrival lounge, guests are treated to "biko" (native sweet rice) and refreshments. After that, you will be approached by a "coordinator" of the resort, assigned to your family. He will arrange the activities that you want to do during your entire stay at the resort. There are activities that are FREE, such as kayaking, snorkeling, paddle boarding, fish feeding, etc., and going to Lagen Island (another resort belonging to El Nido Resorts group) and Entalula Beach Club (owned also by El Nido Resorts). Tours going to other places of interest in El Nido are for an additional charge. All meals are FREE, however you will have to pay for the drinks that you will order (except service water). If you want to have an exclusive/private dinner or picnic in one of the coves maintained by the resort, you will have to pay for the service fee and drinks, but the food is for free.
From the arrival lounge, guests are transported to the "pier" on board an air conditioner jeepney (less than 5 minutes ride). From the beach, guests will have to walk along a "boardwalk" to a waiting motor boat (less than 5 minutes walk). Be wary of the sand flies (attracted to dark clothing). The motor boat takes the guests to an outrigger boat (less than 5 minutes ride). The outrigger boat will take the guests to Miniloc Island (more or less 45 minutes). Guests will again board a waiting motor boat that will bring them to the resort where smiling staff are waiting with cold refreshments, cold towels and welcome necklace made of coconut leaves. Guests are also treated to a song and dance number of the personnel of the resort. After the orientation, guests are already free to do the activities that they have chosen to do.
The family cliff side room that we had taken has two beds on the first level and a queen size bed on the"loft". It has a very good view of the ocean in front of the resort. It has a veranda with a day bed. From the veranda and from the windows of the room, you can see monkeys dangling from the trees at the side of the mountain. Bathroom is clean and with adequate toiletries. Housekeeping personnel are very efficient and very fast in bringing our requests.
Selection and taste of food are okay.
There are a lot of activities for kids. The resort has no swimming pool, however, guests can use the swimming pool in Lagen Island free of charge.
The private dinner that we had at Danggan beach was great! (Thanks to Rodney!)
The resort itself is a typical island tropical resort with accommodations made of indigenous materials. What sets it apart are the ever smiling and very accommodating personnel of the resort. (Special thanks to Chie, our activity coordinator!).
- Also Known As:
- El Nido Resort Miniloc Island Hotel
- El Nido Resort Miniloc Island Hotel El Nido
- Hotel El Nido
- Resort El Nido
- Miniloc Island
- El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island Palawan Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Miniloc Island is a rustic and charming hideaway reminiscent of a coastal village. Miniloc Island is located in El Nido, in northwestern Palawan. It takes a 75-minute direct flight from Manila to get to El Nido or a 6-hour travel by land from Puerto Princesa City (Palawan's Capital City).Miniloc Island Resort is tucked within a beautiful cove surrounded by towering limestone cliffs and a vibrant coral reef. It is a gateway to popular activity sites in a breath-taking location known for its high biodiversity. The resort has 50 cottages and rooms built in traditional Filipino design over the water, beside the beach, or surrounded by garden and limestone cliffs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Venere, Otel and Agoda so you can book your El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.