We really loved it here! Picturesque, post card worthy views 360 degrees, you truly get what you paid for, and you pay a really pretty penny, but I think it was worth it. From the airport lounge till we got to the resort, the staff were all smiles, very helpful and what I think really makes this resort stand out.
We stayed 3 days/2 nights (I suggest to stay at least one more full day) in a garden cottage, just a few yards from the beach. I loved how they set up your day activities and you get to go in small groups with a dedicated tour guide (towels and snorkeling gear is included). Vladimir was excellent! He knew his way around the islands, was super friendly, knowledgeable and you can see that he truly appreciated the beauty around him. The enthusiasm was contagious and we were smitten with Palawan by the 2nd hour of our day trip. I want to be shipwrecked at Entalula!
Back at the resort, there is a prime snorkeling spot just in front of the hotel where you can swim with the huge jack fish. It's quite easy to snag a beach chair, drinking in the views (and your alcohol). It didn't seem crowded, more couples than families. The food was good, great selection, with western fare along with some local delicacies; price includes 3 buffet style meals a day. If you get hungry in between, they serve a limited menu (think sandwiches/burgers) with "resort" prices, so eat up at the buffet! Bottled water was not free, but you get a small pitcher of water in your room.
The property is showing its age, but the lodgings are adequate, we didn't spend that much time in our cottage anyway. The bed was a little hard but we were so tired at the end of the day that it didn't matter. Water pressure in the shower was not that great but whatever, it got the job done. Along with that I had a couple of other gripes that I thought could have been averted since I booked way in advance and like I said, paid a pretty penny for-- I booked a couple's massage appointment on the day we arrived, confirmed it a couple of times with their lady travel agent thru email. After almost 18 hrs of fly time/traveling, a massage sounded nice, right? Well, that didn't happen. The front desk staff at Miniloc (who also apparently manage the spa appointment log book) said that they were fully booked that day and that they could squeeze us in on our last day. And while they were telling me this, another guest on the side was booking a facial for like NOW, right then and there. I was livid but too tired to argue. I mean, you're charging fancy pants 5 star prices, you could at least have a better appointment system. I wanted to visit Lagen on our last day, couldn't do it because of this snag and I already paid for it. Then, I also booked a romantic couple's dinner, fully expecting some concierge lady and a chef come to me to discuss details. I wanted to go the the big? lagoon where they had a platform and have a Michael Mina- like dinner. Alas, no one talked to me about it, the front desk just confirmed the date for it, no one really asked us what we wanted to eat and we kinda had to look for the spot. I was feeling the steam come out of my ears but thank goodness, Jun (our server, and musical entertainment) came to the rescue. Yay! Romantic dinner was not a total bust, the food was pretty good and Jun serenaded us on his guitar. (Note to staff: next time, maybe more candles or a lantern, it was pretty dark on the dock and hard to see my food).
Thanks to the great staff! They caught my attention with their singing and had my heart by the end of the trip. I look forward to next time! I love the luxe eco-friendliness!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Miniloc Island is a rustic and charming hideaway reminiscent of a coastal village. Miniloc Island is located in El Nido, in northwestern Palawan. It takes a 75-minute direct flight from Manila to get to El Nido or a 6-hour travel by land from Puerto Princesa City (Palawan's Capital City).Miniloc Island Resort is tucked within a beautiful cove surrounded by towering limestone cliffs and a vibrant coral reef. It is a gateway to popular activity sites in a breath-taking location known for its high biodiversity. The resort has 50 cottages and rooms built in traditional Filipino design over the water, beside the beach, or surrounded by garden and limestone cliffs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Venere, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Nido Resort Miniloc Island Hotel El Nido
- Hotel El Nido
- Resort El Nido
- El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island Palawan Island