Me and my family stayed in El Nido Miniloc for 5 days last July and we all enjoyed it very much. From the moment you set foot on the pier, it is as though you enter a different world where time stands still. Everything is extremely well organised, there are activity monitors who help you plan your stay so that you can make the most of it and see some truly amazing spots on the water and surrounding islands. The staff also puts a lot in place to preserve the area and we have only rarely seen such a clean sea.
As for the resort itself, there were some maintenance works going on during our stay so we definitely had the impression they were doing as much as possible to keep the place up to date. They were also renovating the dining area which brought some noise with it (should be finished august 1, 2011) but we all liked the temporary construction very much. It was on the beach so we were basically walking around barefoot all the time. Food was very good - buffet with a big enough variety. Rooms are not very spacious but you won't be spending a lot of time in your room when you have the gorgeous view on the sea and cliffs only 5 metres away.
We filled our days with all sorts of different activities. The lagoons are gorgeous and a sight to behold. We also did about 6 dives (instructors were Romel and Lenuel, very good) and the sea turtles we saw were definitely our highlight. The different beach clubs are also worth going to (hobiecatsailing is not extremely waw). Other activities include sunrise and sunset tours, feeding of the jacks, snorkeling, kayaking, island hopping... Trips to the more upmarket Lagen Island are also organised. Even though the resort is very nice and the pool area is very relaxing, we were glad we were staying in Miniloc. Lagen is much more sterile and the ambiance is not as easy going as it all is in Miniloc.
A very memorable and relaxing trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Miniloc Island is a rustic and charming hideaway reminiscent of a coastal village. Miniloc Island is located in El Nido, in northwestern Palawan. It takes a 75-minute direct flight from Manila to get to El Nido or a 6-hour travel by land from Puerto Princesa City (Palawan's Capital City).Miniloc Island Resort is tucked within a beautiful cove surrounded by towering limestone cliffs and a vibrant coral reef. It is a gateway to popular activity sites in a breath-taking location known for its high biodiversity. The resort has 50 cottages and rooms built in traditional Filipino design over the water, beside the beach, or surrounded by garden and limestone cliffs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Nido Resort Miniloc Island Hotel El Nido
- Hotel El Nido
- Resort El Nido
- El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island Palawan Island