“A beautiful spot in the world” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island

You added El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island to your Saves list
El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Miniloc Island, El Nido, Palawan Island 5313, Philippines   |
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in El Nido
EMBelgium
“A beautiful spot in the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

Me and my family stayed in El Nido Miniloc for 5 days last July and we all enjoyed it very much. From the moment you set foot on the pier, it is as though you enter a different world where time stands still. Everything is extremely well organised, there are activity monitors who help you plan your stay so that you can make the most of it and see some truly amazing spots on the water and surrounding islands. The staff also puts a lot in place to preserve the area and we have only rarely seen such a clean sea.

As for the resort itself, there were some maintenance works going on during our stay so we definitely had the impression they were doing as much as possible to keep the place up to date. They were also renovating the dining area which brought some noise with it (should be finished august 1, 2011) but we all liked the temporary construction very much. It was on the beach so we were basically walking around barefoot all the time. Food was very good - buffet with a big enough variety. Rooms are not very spacious but you won't be spending a lot of time in your room when you have the gorgeous view on the sea and cliffs only 5 metres away.

We filled our days with all sorts of different activities. The lagoons are gorgeous and a sight to behold. We also did about 6 dives (instructors were Romel and Lenuel, very good) and the sea turtles we saw were definitely our highlight. The different beach clubs are also worth going to (hobiecatsailing is not extremely waw). Other activities include sunrise and sunset tours, feeding of the jacks, snorkeling, kayaking, island hopping... Trips to the more upmarket Lagen Island are also organised. Even though the resort is very nice and the pool area is very relaxing, we were glad we were staying in Miniloc. Lagen is much more sterile and the ambiance is not as easy going as it all is in Miniloc.

A very memorable and relaxing trip!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

The breathtaking sceneries and serenity of this place is beyond compared. I've been in many beautiful beaches all over the world but El Nido is a paradise of all paradise. It's so amazing, the cliffs and caves are truly wonderful. Fishes of different colours, shape and sizes are all present in this area. Seabeds of corals and lagoons are unbelievable. The water is crystal clear and warm - perfect for snorkling and diving.

We stayed in Miniloc which we did not regret as it has the exotic charm and authenticity. The staff are very helpful (Ike and Chito who taught me how to snorkel), efficient and knowledgeable in their area of expertise. There are beautiful birds around and to my surprise, some monkeys too. We had a fantastic view of the sea and cliffs. Food wise, you wont starve. So much selections and well prepared. The activities are well organized too, from kayaking to hobiecat to island hopping. We really have enjoyed our stay there and do not want to leave. We're definitely coming back again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

Love the place and its beautiful surroundings but its a bit too expensive compare to other places in Philippines. Anyways, it is still worth the experience and now I have proofs that I have actually been to this place. LOL

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I went with my daughter and I enjoyed every minute.
We stayed in a 2 story cottage with 2 twin beds and one queen on the second floor, the second floor room had a view of the water. Loved the place. The service is 5 stars, top notch. They served us 3 buffet meals a day. As far as food I would give it 4 stars out of 5. Sometimes for our lunch, they would serve us left over food from the night before (and I don't eat left overs) Mitzi the assistant GM was very accommodating and was top notch with her customer service and management skills, I really liked her. The experience is for honeymooners and couples, I came with my younger daughter and she was bored to death and felt like it was a retirement home vacation for old people..it' very quiet, even during dinners, people whisper and are very private, which I LLLOVED. The place is very peaceful, There are no TVs, Cars or motorcyles in the island. it's very primitive and I felt very in touched with nature and God. This place is a perfect get away from the rat race, people and just the daily stress of life. El nido resorts is a place to recharge and unwind. There's not a lot of island hopping because you are already staying in a beautiful island. If anything, I Loved entalula island the best because of its beautiful beach and quality of the sand, we had a picnic lunch there, the lunch was okay. The dinners were really good and well prepared. I went snorkeling in dinubuluan island where I saw a lot of sea urchins and was taken by one of the boat guys..the beach in dinubuluan is nothing special after seeing entalula... The big and small lagoon was quite an experience and just seeing all the thousand feet limestone rocks was like being lost in another world and time..Lagen Island has no place to sunbathe by the ocean...You have to sunbathe by the pool which is boring to me because I Love the beach!!! There were a lot of things to do in the 4 nights 5 days I stayed there...We kayaked, hiked, ate, sunbathed, swam, went snorkling. We slept every day at 8 pm because there was nothing to do at night, we were up at 7-8 am every morning though. I would go back without a doubt-when I can afford it, The trip cost me over 2gs but all worth it. If you can afford it, Go to miniloc Island, It's an experience you will never forget.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Just like other travellers said, El Nido Resorts are not comparable to Maldives Resorts. I have been to both places. El Nido offer the very best of untouch beauty of nature, whilst Maldives offers you relaxation from the luxury hotel brand and it's private islands.

We stayed for a week. Great weather. All activities included such as island hopping, snorkeling, sunrise/sunset tour, etc... When it comes to food, you don't have much choices. Rooms are not so luxurios but they are nice and clean.I like thier idea of "no TV" in the room. You will have the best of time with your partner/family.

There's nothing else to do at night but RELAX! (or have a massage in the spa) :D

Now, when it comes to choosing between Miniloc and Lagen, the diferrence are, Miniloc is more of rustic and traditional whilst Lagen is modern. I find Miniloc more warm nd relaxing. Lagen is quiet. Very Quiet to the point that i felt bored. But no worries, you can enjoy both hotels.

So if you are looking for real island experience, stay in Miniloc.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

Our group (11 strong, relatives and friends) stayed for 2N/3D at the El Nido Miniloc Resort in February 2011 and I would wholeheartedly say that the whole experience is A+. The money we paid is definitely worth the truckload of enjoyment and thrill package we experienced at the resort. We never have the negative feelings about the resort because we knew we paid for the worry-free transport to get to the resort, excellent service, wonderful staff, accommodation by the water with an excellent view, food, and the activities that they planned for their guests while staying in the resort. It is called "peace of mind." No elbowing with other passengers while trying to get our luggage at the airport. They looked after all that for us. It was always a happy moment from arrival to departure. Upon arrival, we were given our cottage assignments and after lunch, we were immediately whisked away to the Small and Big Lagoon for a good time of kayaking, snorkeling and limestone cliff sightseeing. One of the limestone cliffs has the
silhouette of the Blessed Virgin Mary as pointed by our coordinator,Dennis. Before dinner, we had an hour or so to enjoy a nice cold glass of beer(not free, I wish) while watching the view and other people on the beach. The dinner and a short entertainment of native dancing was marvelous. After the whole day of fun and adventure, we had a very restful sleep and ready again for the next day. The next day was scheduled for island hopping and more of the same: swimming, snorkeling plus rock climbing and cat-sailing all included in the price. While at the Lagen resort, we watched an eagle being chased by a smaller bird possibly a falcon trying to snatch a fish in its talons. Persistence paid off for the smaller bird. At Miniloc resort, we were suddenly entertained by a group of monkeys playing loudly beside our water cottage for a few minutes. I thought for a second one of the monkeys was holding my Visa card in his hands but luckily it wasn't the case. But the most captivating wildlife show is the feeding of the jacks at 8:00 in the morning. These jacks are huge and they change their color from gray to black when they compete for food. People put on their snorkeling gears and watch the feeding underwater. I came prepared with an underwater camera and took videos. El Nido is definitely a place above the other resorts in the world to relax.It will transform you. The only sad thing about the resort is leaving.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

Location, location, location. This is just spectacular!!!!!
One of the most beautiful places on Earth for me, and I have travelled a lot!!
You can kayak to amazing lagoons nearby. The service was amazing, really top top quality, with the possibility of having your own private lunch on a desert beach, etc.
The hotel strives to protect the environment which is a really good thing.
All in all one of my all time favorites!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island? Share your experiences!