“Privacy and peace” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Verde Safari

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in El Nido
Verde Safari
You added Verde Safari to your Saves list
Verde Safari Beach, Sitio Dagmay | Brgy. Teneguiban, El Nido, Palawan Island 5313, Philippines   |
Ranked #10 of 54 Specialty Lodging in El Nido
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Privacy and peace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We found Verde Safari quite luckily and stayed two nights in their bungalows. Doug and his wife were very helpful, warm, and welcoming, let us use the thirty-some foot climbing wall, and even taught me to run billet. At the restaurant, we had nice fresh food, cold beer, and throughout there was a willingness to work with dietary needs and preferences.

The beach. The beach here is expansive, gorgeous, and largely deserted. We had two lovely sunsets with only our party present and enjoyed night swimming with luminescent critters in the water. Picturesque. I did get a bit eaten by sand flies, although I paid no heed to warnings about using bug spray or avoiding certain times on the beach. As well, the owner invests in spraying and raking the grounds to keep them down. Overall they were a small bother and in no way detracted from the beach.

Accommodation. We stayed in the two bungalows on the grounds. Both were simple, clean, and comfortable. The neat thing about this place, was that all the water, from the sink to the shower, is filtered and purified. So, drinkable tap water! As well, while we heard that some guests had issues with the sounds of the generator, this was not something we experienced. Our nights were quiet, private, and thoroughly enjoyable.

We would definitely recommend this place, and hope to return in the future.

Room Tip: There are two tents on the beach or two bungalows a little bit back from the beach. Depending on wha...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

After a great morning in Duli Beach we arrived at verde safari with the motorbike to have some lunch and a relaxing afternoon. The burger we had was above all expectations! It was delicious and definitely a reason to go back one day :-)

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Last April 2013, I had a chance to capture the beauty of El Nido, Palawan during my trip to the Philippines… Palawan was not part of my itinerary list but I ended up going there with my family before coming back to the US. Verde Safari is actually not located in El Nido town where you could experience all the crowd noise and busyness of the island. I am kind of tired of party beach idea because I’ve been to Boracay multiple times and after going there once again, it was pretty crowded like a carnival beside a beach. So - I said to myself, what I want this time is a real pampering and relaxing experience. So I finally decide to check out what Palawan has to offer. The ride to Verde Safari from El Nido town is very scenic, about 40 minute drive. Imagine driving on a 4x4 cruising through villages with spectacular ocean and mountain views. The area is surrounded with cashew trees. When we are almost at the location, the sun was just about rising so I saw the mesmerizing view of the entire place on our way there. We were ushered to our rooms and my room has beach front view and farm view at the back where they grow organic vegetables. Even though I was so tired because of the entire travel from Manila, I walked to the beach and took pictures. And yes, lots of Selfies!!! If you wonder how the water and the sand looked like at Verde Safari, simply click on my profile pic and you will see it. I took this picture. The water is so clear and serene…just SO FINE! After a couple of hours, our breakfast was served and we savored fried potatoes, bacon, egg and pancakes…
This place is such a hidden gem. It felt like a second home to me after my 4 day stay. I got attached to my room. I still think of those moments when I just lay on my bed watching the sunset right before dinner. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. One staff climb a coconut tree as soon as I uttered that I want to drink some coconut juice. Some mornings I would walk to the beach and talk to fishermen and locale kids playing around Verde Safari. Sometimes the beach is just to myself when some guests are enjoying their afternoon nap. Don’t be surprised if you see bikers arrive during lunch time. They are mostly tourists staying in El Nido town who rent bikes for a scenic drive to Verde Safari and then they eat lunch there.
One of those 4 days we went to El Nido town to avail of Tour A. I think that is what they call it.. where you explore the different lagoons. I loved it! We snorkeled and saw the secret lagoons, big and small lagoons. After the whole day tour we were so tired and drove back to Verde Safari for a nice dinner with some bonfire. This destination is very homey. If would need some time for yourself and want to treat your family to a nice vacation, go check this place!!! I am already planning my trip back soon 

Room Tip: I tried the room at their guest house and loved it. Perfect for me and my sister but they have also...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I loved my stay in verde safari. This is the only resort where I slept more than 10 hours. Very relaxing place to spend my vacation. Clean rooms and linens and the staff are very helpful. I miss the bacon and pancakes. If you will stay, rent the family room on the second floor. It has a good view of the beach. Its perfect for honeymoon and couple getaways. No mosquitos or insects in the rooms so I had a good stay. I loved the food, fresh seafoods during lunch and dinner. I dont mind the travel as it is worth it. I prefer this than staying in town, I dont like crowded areas. So if u want serenity, this place is the way to go. Good place for campers too but I prefer to stay in the family room due to its magnificent view of the sea. So if u want a secluded beach away from the crowd, this is for you. I will definitely be back!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

i went there with my husband couple of months ago. as we read the reviews, this resort got the highest rating so we decided to experience it.., so we booked! we aggreed bout transportation back en forth and that cost P1,800. which is so expenssive. the driver from this resort picked up us where the van station is (i remember that was infront of the market). he is a good and friendly one. what really surprises us is that he told us that we will going to the scuba center first to pick up another couple. (that was not in the aggreement) !!! while on our way to the resort.., my husband started to speak his own language and asked me what is happening?? complaining and telling that its dishonest and we had the whole night discussion.., gave me a restless night!!! talk to the driver again the same night about the arrangement of island tour for the next day. we arranged it and agrreed what time we will leave the resort. he said that we will leave around 7am but our tour
starts around 10am. the next morning we found out that we will travelling with the same couple again abd they have their scuba diving around 8am. and again.., my husband started to ask many questions like..,
1. am i paying for them?
2. we have to leave early because of their scuba lesson?
3.is this part of the arrangement?
4.do i expect more from them? like high payments because of the dishonesty.

it is only 2 nights and 3 days of stay but it gives me a restless night because of all the discussions.

one more thing is the cafe.., it has a good ambience, good food and a friendly girls (serving us) but what is so disgusting is the smell and i believe it came from the dog and puppies. not only the smell but walking
around.

there are no wifi, cellphone signals, and no activities at all!!! it is not worthy to spend holiday in this resort, i say... :( :( :(

and please be honest next time and consider your other guest..

• Stayed January 2014
VerdeSafari, Manager at Verde Safari, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and noticing our nice staff, good service, good food, and ambiance. We apologize for any inconvenience during your stay, it seems it came from your husband’s initiated discussions about the transport. Our 4x4 Aircon Hilux is good for 5passengers including the driver and is on a shared transport basis, no mention of exclusivity and there is no agreement we are aware of because it has always been shared.
Transport Rates in from El NIdo town- 1)Aircon Van - to Nacpan Beach( Distance 17 Kms. -drop-off /pick up)is P 3,000 + 500 if to or from Verde Safari (28 Kms.) 2)Tricyle (no a/c, dusty)– to Nacpan is P1,500, they can’t go over the hills to our place. 3)Verde Safari Hilux - P1,800 - 2 roundtrips- 112 Kilometers total 4 ways- for your pick up(check in) and your return (check out). For tours-we take you, and come back for you at the end of the tour (2 roundtrips). One can self-drive motorbike- rental is P 700 + gas – 9AM to 6PM use. Now, pls. be the judge if we are expensive.
All town activities starts 9AM like Island Hopping, departure is set early to test snorkel gears before boat boarding. If you want to leave later, a van can be called for you at the rate stated above.
Dogs (3)bathe everyday, and we clean our place daily as often as needed though out the day. We rake, fog and use organic powder on our yard & front beach, and mow our lawn. Our staff are nice like you noticed- they are approachable and would assist if informed & check the smell you are referring to and will for sure do something about it.
We are a simple B & B not a resort in a secluded pristine beach, most come to relax & break from a busy lifestyle or activity filled travels wanting to be away from crowd, swim in a clean beach with almost no one around. Sorry if we have no activities other than laying in a hammock, volleyball, rock climbing, board games¸and beach toys. Activities are in Town, latest is a Zipline. No jetskis, reef walking or other adventures in El Nido common to other beach destinations because it’s a marine reserve. We have no claim having wifi. We assist to reach airline/hotel/bike assistance using our phones situated in signal spot when requested.
We are sorry that you had a sleepless night due to your husband’s concerns. Most guests have shared that their sleep has been very good and relaxing here, long staying guests even said they’ve not slept so much but in Verde Safari.
Our integrity is important to us, we are transparent and do best to answer queries and assist with travel or special arrangements. Sorry for the misunderstanding about your transport. Again, thank you, we endeavor to improve the quality of our services and products at Verde Safari.
Novosibirsk, Novosibirsk, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We spent here 3 nights: 2 nights in tent and 1 night in deluxe room.

We chose this place for short and calm relax based on reviews and I have to say that for us place is not so good as it is reviewed.

Far away from the El Nido and transfer is costly 1500 pesos (for 40 minutes wasy) advertised as private. But we went with other couple and price was also 1500 pesos, no any discounts.

Beach in general, somewhere is dirty. Waves may be fun for short time but not for swimming.
Frisbee, magazines and book, badminton, darts and thats all almost.

What we didn't like most that you don't have any choice. No activities, no boats, no places to go (in the village near nothing to see or we didn't know and no one didn't tell us), no food choise, you have to eat what they can suggest for the price they asked. Menu is short and some foods was unavailable.

Living in tent was our first experience and it was quite comfortable, if you want to save money it is for you.

In conclusion, If I knew ahead we spent there not more than 1 night.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

This place offers the seclusion of camping by the beach. In fact, they also have tents! Verde Safari is a relaxing place far from the hustle and bustle of El Nido town. An escape from city life--no air-conditioning, almost no one else is in the resort (they offer only 3 guest rooms and 3 tents in a 1 hectare property), the staff are locals too dressed in shorts and slippers. Bring your own toiletries, as they dont offer any. Also bring Off Lotion or any insect repellant as there is a presence of sand flies, esp during mornings and early evenings. The owners are very warm and approachable, they feel like family.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Verde Safari? Share your experiences!