“Paradise in Palawan” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 10 hotels in El Nido
Asia
“Paradise in Palawan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

The perfect resort experience began the moment I inquired about our stay. Being pregnant with our 1st child, I was wary of the flight and transfers from Manila to El Nido. I emailed the resort manager and got a reassuring reply within a few hours! When we arrived at the Manila airport, we had personalized treatment from our check-in to our pre-boarding snacks. Arriving in El Nido airport, we were greeted by folk singers and another set of snacks!

The ground staff knew I was pregnant and arranged alternative transportation for
me to ensure a comfortable transfer. The speedboat ride from the port to the resort was also top-notch! We were served the yummy signature cookies of the resort with drinks... And the view was breathtaking!

The resort itself was like paradise! The staff was attentive and pampered us the whole time. No request was too big! Although there were other guests, it felt like we were in our own private resort. Activities were planned with each guest in mind. When we got rained in, different activities (crafts, cooking class, face painting, etc) for kids and adults were held. We were never bored!

I can't stop raving about this resort! We will definitely come back.

• Stayed January 2014

107 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I have stayed and been to Lagen and Minoloc and may I say that by FAR this is the best resort in El Nido! You get there via speed boat and land on the beach right in front of the reception. Welcomed by a handful of people with the first being the Resorts Manager, at the time of my visit it was Franck Merrot, very very accommodating and welcoming, truly one of the best Resort Managers I've ever met. You can tell he would prioritize your well being and experience 100%. The island itself is very private, with a guarantee that the only people on the island are either staff or guests. The beach and water are beautiful, white sand crystal water. The facility and rooms are beautiful! 5 star and worth your money! My wife and I stayed at the Beach front Villa and oh my bells my I say that it was amazing. The room was amazing and the access to the beach superb. Again the room, I cannot express how amazing it is, the pictures do not do justice. The Beachvilla even comes with an ipod attached to the tv which you can use to watch movies or listen to a whole bunch of different playlists / music. Not to mention it's all played on surround sound. The pool is amazing, the beach amazing, the service and staff amazing. If you want to enjoy the wonders of white sand and crystal clear waters while staying at a 5 star resort with staff that would welcome and treat you like family then Pangulasian is your place!! Even the good bye, one of a kind, the top managers and staff all stand on the beach while waving bye to you until you're no longer in sight! a good 10 - 20 minutes of standing under the sun while waving! The only negative part to the trip was the breakfast buffet. I'm a man of my buffets and a man of my breakfast, afters spending one of the most amazing trips and stays at any resort I was so excited to have breakfast.. Only to be welcomed by a 3 star breakfast buffet.. Yes they had specialties like a juicer but the rest were absolutely horrible. Plus my pancakes which I ordered and waited for never came. The staff though , despite the food was fantastic.

Overall an A+!! Definitely a must go if you're considering palawan / el nido / philippines as a vacation!!!

Room Tip: If you're a couple the beach villa is the way to go! Direct access to the beach from your room a...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Sentosa Island, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Pangalasian Island is paradise - it's completely unspoiled, the weather (Jan when we went) was gorgeous, snorkeling and water activities are great, and the villas (we stayed in beach front) are luxurious.

Room Tip: Beach front is the way to go, amazing views every morning!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Visiting one of the El Nido Resorts has always been a dream, but after comparing prices with other resorts (within the Phils) or regional foreign trips - my El Nido trip has always been pushed back.

Last year, I finally had a chance to fulfil a long time wish and was able to visit both Miniloc (April) for work and Pangulasian (Oct) with my family.

Our stay in Miniloc was good - you can kayak directly to the Small and Big Lagoon but Pangulasian was definitely better and worth the price!

Check-in for the flight and trip to both resorts are the same - same private airport lounge, same flight, same airport and lounge at El Nido. The El Nido service begins when you arrive at the Manila airport for check-in - you are greeted warmly and ushered into a lounge where you and your family have your own seating area indicated by a place card. Iced tea and cookies/local delicacies are served in both lounges in Manila and in El Nido.

The difference is the resort itself and it is difficult to compare because they are very different from each other. Miniloc is a regular resort surrounded by beautiful limestone cliffs while Pangulasian is a luxurious resort with a beautiful beach and underwater corals.

In Pangulasian we booked a beach front villa #10 and our villa was between the Reception/Dining building and the pool. Near enough to both areas that we didn't need the golf cart shuttle available to guests. The canopy villas offer a great view but was far from the beach.

The villa is pictured above with the bed facing the glass sliding doors from which you can see the white sand beach and the blue water. It felt like having your own beach house right by the beach!

Our deck overlooking the beach had a lounge double bed, table and chairs and the low railing also served as a sunbathing area. On the beach right in front of your villa, you had 2 beach beds with your own umbrella.

The bed is huge and there was a sofa bed near the sliding doors which was a good size single bed for my teenage daughter. This sofa bed was directly across the LCD TV and the iPod dock loaded with music and movies.

The bathroom was huge and took up the whole width of the villa behind the bed and desk area. It had 2 sinks and all the amenities you could possibly need and was air-conditioned too. They had complimentary slippers, hats, beach bag and individual water jugs. When I asked to exchange the slippers for smaller sizes - they just gave us 3 more! My daughter loved the complimentary cookies which were replenished nightly.

We were made to feel very welcome and service was great! You have a personal guide to take you snorkelling, kayaking, or any water sport that was available in the resort inc paddle boards and sailing. On the boat to the lagoons, you were provided with cool wet towels and drinks to cool you down. Everything you could possibly need, the staff provided with a smile.

And everyone you met and encountered smiled and said hello. We wanted to snorkel in front of our villa and I was on my way back to call from the phone. There was a gardener sweeping when I passed and he asked what he could do to help. When I told him, he simply radioed my request and someone came to help.

This is what service means, everyone takes responsibility for the well-being of the guest - from the Manager to the gardener! The staff are definitely there to make your stay the best. The Manager and staff greet you when you arrive and say goodbye when you leave.

I definitely would love to go back! And I definitely recommend this resort!

Room Tip: Villas near the pool may be noisier (from kids playing and rough housing) than those in the middle.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I recently spent part of my sabbatical at Pangulasian Island in El Nido and had an amazing time! The service from each and everyone of the staff at the resort was excellent right from the moment that we arrived in El Nido until take we landed back in Manila. The villas were beautiful (even saw some black monkeys outside our villa - pretty cool). Loved the bathroom... The complimentary guided tours to Big Lagoon, Small, Lagoon, and the caves were amazing. Also, loved the fact that if there was something you wanted to eat but not on the menu, the restaurant was more than willing to prepare it. We'd like to once again thank the wonderful staff of Pangulasian Island for making this trip a memorable one. Special thanks to Fritz, Dom, Via, Kym, Donna, Mike, Rommel... (wish I could remember everyones names). Keep up the great work!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

My Family and I went to El Nido Pangulasian Jan 2014. We really enjoyed our trip. Our room was a beach front villa, villa number 9. The resort set up a crib for my one year old and another bed for my 6 year old. My wife and I slept on a king size bed. The sleep quality was perfect. The room temperature was easily adjustable with 2 separate AC units. Waking up with the beach in front of us was just spectacular.

The service was also incredible the staff made us feel very welcome. They agreed to give us a guide to teach my daughter and I how to snorkel. This tuned out to be a great bonding experience for us.

I would recommend this resort to everyone, I travel so much and I consider this trip to be one of the best ever.

The only thing I would improve was the food. Some of the dishes were below the standard of the rest of the hotel. Although I guess since the resort services so many different nationalities I can understand the difficulty. The breakfast buffet is really good it was the a la carte menu that was so so.

The place is wonderful and like I said the best resort I have been to yet. My wife and I went to Lagen before but I enjoyed this trip much more.

I cant wait to go back. Maybe next time we will try Apulit. We love El Nido. Great Job

Room Tip: The Beach Front Villa's are amazing. We stayed in villa number 9
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed there 3 nights, after 2 nights at El Nido Miniloc. I had been hesitating a lot between both locations but, if your monney allows, Pangulasian is undoubtedly the best. And one of the very best place we have ever been to.
El Nido Pangulasian - and the whole El NIdo Resorts concept - is a totally different experience from other more "classical" experiences, such as the Shangri La Boracay for example. These places are not in the same category.
A week point may be the food - not a lot of options and, surprisingly not much fish on the menu - , but the rooms (villas), swimming pool, hotel surroundings, view, beach...are just unmachable. Scuba diving is great - and staff very pro and nice - , and snokelling right in from of the hotel is just amazing. I bever dreamt of swimming with sharks...well...I did...and enjoyed it very much !

Room Tip: no bad choice
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to El Nido Resorts Pangulasian Island? Share your experiences!